Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
What have you got your eye on? If all goes well, what is going to be your next motorhome? I do not mean if you win the lottery, I mean in reality, if you can get a good price for your old one and things go to plan.. What are your going to get and why..

I keep looking at Monaco Caymans, it would have to be four or five years old but they are a stunning motorhome. They are built on a purpose made chassis with pass through lockers, they are diesel so offer better MPG than I get now. Lets hope things go to plan.:Cool:

monaco_cayman04_r2_c2.gif

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Absolutely no plans to change in the foreseeable future, George is a great RV and suits our purpose, we will however re upholster and fit a new kitchen work top and sink, living full time takes it's toll on furnishings.

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
German

Having recently (June) purchased our second M/H and second Hymer, I don't think we will be changing in the near future.
But when we do change, it would probably be another Hymer or similar German make or maybe a Rapido. Probably A class:ROFLMAO:
But if we win the lottery!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:,might just by 2 vans:ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Well we are definitely in the process of changing our MH :ROFLMAO: Due to someone coming along and buying Rocky :cry::cry: we are forced now to get a replacement.
Our next MH is going to be another RV and it will be a diesel pusher. It should (hopefully) be home on the drive next Friday after a drive home from Telford :winky:
It will be a Fleetwood Flair 32 with all the bits that we wanted and we have achieved our objective of NOT becoming poor in the process due to an extremely good deal being worked out with Pete at Travelworld.
We feel like fish out of water with not having the use of our RV for a few weeks, we have hated it........ and subsequently cannot wait until Friday when we will be scrubbing and polishing our new baby :roflmto: I know that the dealer will valet the coach, but it will never come up to our standards of cleanliness so we will spend ALL of next weekend cleaning it to our satisfaction.
After weeks of speculation we feel that we can reveal what we are getting, it has taken a while to sort everything out and we did not want to tempt fate before everything was sown up, but we are now confident that we will be collecting it on Friday :thumb:

Keith

Aug 16, 2007
Funster No
Good luck

Good luck with your new motorhome Guy's!!:thumb::thumb:
You scrubbers:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: sorry I couldn't resist that one, no offense intended!!:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
W
It will be a Fleetwood Flair 32
Keith

Great news Guys, I bet this week drags and drags:Smile: Looking forward to the photos. Oh, Sharon if you want to change your name from RockieRV to "Flair 32" I am happy to report that the username is still available::bigsmile:

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks guys:thumb:
I did look at Jenson Buttons managers Monaco Knight, which was parked just in front of our Flair, but decided that the colour of the carpet was not for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are going to call it Woody, so I think Sharon would rather NOT have that as a name Jim :)
Here is a piccy of our coach

Attachments

• Fleetwood Flair2.jpg
    Fleetwood Flair2.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 109

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Keith

Glad to see that you have sorted things out, it looks a really nice RV. Hope all goes wll next Friday and that Sharon and yourself have many happy and safe journeys in your new vehicle.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Well done mate great looking RV I'm sure you have plenty of good times to come in it. :thumb:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
well done you guys she looks a million dollers.
a pusser does it need a c licence?
what engine how big
come on keith fill us in with the teck stuff:thumb::thumb:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
If I got a decent offer on mine our must have would be the Damon daybreak 3270? (it's the twin settee slide out we want)

I don't want anything to fancy with the dogs. I am very house proud where Irina just wants the dogs to have fun (guess who cleans the vans:Doh:) so this would be ideal for us.

Got a bit of accident damage to sort from France and after that she's nearly perfect.

I would go to the states again to get another one, to be honest went out there with a budget to buy our dream bus but got very cold feet at the size issue that was raging this time last year so bought this one (96 inch body) as a starter one but really like her although i don't like the frontal image:RollEyes:but the excess funds I had left over have all filtered away so would have to plunder the emergency emergency fund to change now as with no income don't want finance.

To be honest once the paints done and Duncan get a part for my Genny she A1.

So there it is our dream bus.:pray:

Mind you wouldn't say no to Suzy's bus (even though Bryan has been piloting here:roflmto:):winky:

Last edited:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Lovely looking bus Keith:winky: i bet you and Sharon/woody:roflmto::winky: are getting really excited and wishing your life away.

Adria 5

Free Member
Jul 23, 2007
Funster No
MH
adria caravan
Exp
hi not sold my swift yet:cry: keith !! has 3 inqiurys so far from this site some one looked to day in no rush:Smile:

so no rv yet:RollEyes:

like the bus thow !!

ray

Tony Santara

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Cheshire (ex Mancunian)
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 1994
Something A class, something longer, something slidey (hopefully) ,something American ,something not too expensive

I don't know Something

:RollEyes::RollEyes::RollEyes:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Something A class, something longer, something slidey (hopefully) ,something American ,something not too expensive

I don't know Something

:RollEyes:

I know where there's a VERY nice Pursuit for sale.....VERY cheap :winky: :roflmto:

Great bus Keith :winky: :winky: Glad it has all come together....I bet you are both thrilled to bits! ::bigsmile:

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
HI
We have no plans to part with our 5th wheel at present. We may eventually bring a newer one (no bigger--- maybe a bit smaller) in from the States.
We are searching for a demountable at the moment ,to go on our truck. We are planning to go to the Algarve for a wedding reception at xmas, also hope to see some of the DAKAR action while there. Anyone know of a truck camper for sale??
Nigel & Pamala

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Thanks guys:thumb:
I did look at Jenson Buttons managers Monaco Knight, which was parked just in front of our Flair, but decided that the colour of the carpet was not for us :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are going to call it Woody, so I think Sharon would rather NOT have that as a name Jim :)
Here is a piccy of our coach

Fab looking bus - bet you are so excited!! Why the name 'woody' anything you can share? ::bigsmile:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Just a guess, but isn't it a fleetWOOD flair?

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Thanks for all the kind comments guys......
Papa has got it, we had a choice of Fleety, Woody or Flairy and Sharon chose Woody :roflmto: Has nothing to do with how I felt about it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pete from Travelworld called me today to say that the coach needs some power steering hoses, they have been ordered from the US and should have arrived today. He tells me that they have not arrived and so pick up on Friday is now possibly in jeopardy, we are gutted. I thought hydraulic hoses were fairly easy to get, possibly off the shelf from Gates maybe??? I hope that they are not spinning me a line, trouble is I have work booked all round the expected collection date and can't just pop in to see what is going on. Is anyone near Telford? Would you mind popping in and seeing what is going on with our beloved coach??? ::bigsmile:
We are not amused, I can tell you :Doh:

Keith

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Hi Mate

I'm sorry to hear it's delayed bet your p'd off
If it's normal hyd hoses Pirtek make them to fit on site

Not sure if it helps but might be worth a try

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi Keith nice looking motor, no wonder your chuffed. Regarding hoses, it will depend whether they are using standard end fittings or not, if they are you can have them made to size with swaged fittings or reusable. At the dock we used to buy in coils of pipe, cut to length with a hacksaw and then wind the fittings on.

Olley

Jul 20, 2007
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1999
Sorry Dave, I missed your questions mate :Blush:
It is 32 feet long, (although I have seen adverts for very similar coaches that suggest it may be 33 foot long :Eeek:) 6.5 ltr Chevy turbo diesel (same as Rocky had..), built on an Oshkosh chassis. GVWR = 16000lbs so it really is driveable with a C1 license.
Other than the above, as we don't have it yet, I am unsure of any more info, but we cannot wait to get it and get out in it :thumb:
Ror, thanks for that mate, I knew someone offered that service but couldn't remember who..... I should have known that one of you knowledgeable types would help me out :thumb::thumb:
I will let you all know................

Keith

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Keith
Here's a link to Pirtek they cover the whole Uk 24 hrs we used them all the time especially when we were loading ships as we could'nt afford a breakdown to last one minute longer than neccesary with ships costing $50k a day

http://www.pirtek.co.uk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back