your best repurposed product? (1 Viewer)

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
I think I know the answer to this really :(
Is moving still working decent quality telly from the main lounge to an upstairs bedroom to make way for a smart one, re-purposing or just reusing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I have a bit of time on my hands at present so repurposed the Remis rooflight which I had to replace with a younger, working version a couple of months back. The pallet upon which the replacement was delivered provided the wood for the cold frame :giggle:
20200329_135002 (1280x720).jpg

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
8 yrs ago someone was throwing out 6 solar garden lights, I had em, they have been in the shed since then due to lock down and the hat on the chimney flue above the cooker in the MH haven fallen apart, I took the stainless bevelled ring off and repaired the flue top.

Apr 29, 2016
Aquitaine, France
Funster No
MH
Kentucky Estro 9
Exp
23 years
PS. I am a Somerset farmers son, I go through skips and have stuff away, I have so much cr*p & stuff in my sheds (that's 4 sheds and a 20ft shipping container, all full) but It's all useful (honest). I was walking near a new housing development in Lansdown, Bath with my girlfriends grandson, picking up the cable ties the developer had discarded when they moved the screening round the site, he asked me why ( he was 9yrs old) my answer was that when I was in business, these were termed, consumables and on a big job the cost was noticeable and if I can pick them up for free, I will, they were lovely cream nylon 12mm by 150mm, cut off to about 120mm, still useable!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Making a laundry hatch in our previous camper using a storage tub with the bottom cut out and a large bag - worked a treat.

laundry hatch.png

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
I have a bit of time on my hands at present so repurposed the Remis rooflight which I had to replace with a younger, working version a couple of months back. The pallet upon which the replacement was delivered provided the wood for the cold frame :giggle:
View attachment 373225
you have given me a cunning plan :)
bill

OP
OP
berni109
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
I thought that funsters were a more inventive lot although some interesting ideas already.
I think the cold frame is probably the best so far Pete5996.(y)
Bodge of the week goes to The Ex-Gasman but I think a plastic milk bottle would have been more aesthetically pleasing.:giggle:
I had a mate who used to keep his Harley in the lounge but he had no pretensions of it being objet d'art Nasher :ROFLMAO:

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
The whistling camping kettle is now in my kitchen. Saves buying a replacement for the mains kettle that went to the Tip.

Actually more wheeze than whistle which is probably why it was in Halford's sale.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I had a mate who used to keep his Harley in the lounge but he had no pretensions of it being objet d'art Nasher :ROFLMAO:

A Harley probably works better piece of furniture than it does as motorbike?

My race bike will be further re-purposed (reversed re-purposed?) and thrashed around the TT course as soon as the lockdown is over - can't wait!

Also, I think it works pretty well as an object d'art especially when you see how it looked when I first bought it

01 - Copy.jpg

But in all honesty, it's only in the dining room as there is no room in the garage - it's full of motorbikes?

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
A few years ago I won the bidding on a new old stock boxed Lucas reversing lamp and as the seller was only a few miles away, so I arrange to go and collect it.
When I got their I found the seller was a old boy well into his 80's and hobbling about a bit.
He had decided the time had come to move on most of the goodies he had accumulated over the years including all of his early belt drive flat tank Triumph's, Clyno, Scott and Levis.
The bikes were sold at auction and the intention was to come away with a pot of money to supplement his pension but not so as he could not resist one of the last bikes up for auction in the catalogue.
He ushered me into his lounge and in front of the French windows was a pristine Manx Norton Junior. He said that knew that he would never get to ride it but it made getting up in the mornings worth while so he could just look at it.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Because it’s such a blooming good idea. Gonna try that idea to mend the hose on my dusty bin cleaner thanks awfully old chap ????

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Nasher said:
Re-purposed my classic race bike as a piece of dining room furniture

mustn’t be married then or significant other of the female variety occupying the house, :giggle:

View attachment 373246

Some years ago, I met what I thought was the love of my life

She was absolutely stunning, I couldn't do justice to her amazing looks with mere words

In addition, she was comfortably off (pretty rich actually) had a great sense of humour (well she dated me) personality plus - perfect in every way

After 6 months as a couple, we decided we would move in together & as none of our properties were suitable, we started looking for a new house

She fell in love with this beautiful property, I liked it but there was a problem as it only had a small single garage. The estate agent explained that as the property was listed, there would be no option to build a bigger garage

That's when she uttered the phrase "why do you need more than one motorbike"

I left her in the estate agents and haven't seen her since

Last edited:

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Nasher said:
Re-purposed my classic race bike as a piece of dining room furniture

mustn’t be married then or significant other of the female variety occupying the house, :giggle:

View attachment 373246

Double post

Last edited:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My wife bought this pretty expensive cross trainer machine that I told her she would never use.

When we had the van it was great to use to hang the awning over after wet weather.

Now it’s great for storing toilet rolls on(y)

Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
with Bongo some times used a trailer 100W solar on lid 100W on Bongo. Lid is bottom half of a roof box
IMG_8901.JPG

Solar panel reused not repurposed looks more normal than its first home (on left)IMG_8901.JPG20190929_142011.jpg.
20190929_142011.jpg

I knew i had a keeper when she loaned me £50 to buy my 2nd Bike and didn't moan untill I wanted to spend real money on a Beemer and said no you cant have another Norton (a mk3 Commando) is a 3rd Norton going to be on road more than the other 2 and isnt 7 Bikes enough allready. 40 th aniversery this year

Jun 29, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
caravan (for now)
Exp
on and off since 1984
My wife bought this pretty expensive cross trainer machine that I told her she would never use.

When we had the van it was great to use to hang the awning over after wet weather.

Now it’s great for storing toilet rolls on(y)
We bought a cross trainer many years ago and the only exercise I got was carrying it upstairs when we bought it, and carrying it downstairs when we sold it for a fraction of what we paid,
It did however serve us well for many years as a clothes horse

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back