Your best French Festivals (1 Viewer)

Sep 3, 2018
Billericay
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L
Exp
since 2015
Seeing DBK entry regarding the cheese festival in Banon it got me thinking. I had such a great response for your favourite aires in Brittany how about a list of your French festivals.

Some you just fall upon others just do not get advertised and so are missed. I had no idea as to the cheese festival. So how about sharing the ones you have come across and would recommend.

I will start it off

Held every two years in Dieppe is a fantastic kite festival. Normally held the first weekend in September.The next one will be 2020.

Also in Dieppe and along the coast from Le Treport to Fecamp are the herring festivals. The big one is in Dieppe, this year 16th/17th November but during November most towns in the region of North Normandy hold one. They are great fun and well worth a trip.

OP
OP
Piratepapy
Sep 3, 2018
Billericay
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L
Exp
since 2015
Hi Wyn

thanks for the recommendation. We had a house in Cany Barville (near Fecamp). We managed over the 11 years we had the house to catch this a couple of times but forgot to add it to my list so well remembered. Thanks again.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Fete Médiévale, Guérande, 1st June to 2nd this year

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Montignac has a music festival each year which was our first one so suspect it was july august time. 3 day event. Just enough time to get over the hangover and start again.

There was a good langoustine one in Brittany somewhere last year. Think i got drunk

I m off to the cheese one this year. Probably getting drunk

Went to one in the dordogne last year near at Mayrac. GOd knows what it was about but we got permission from the mayor to stay in the village and got truly hammered.

Plevenon up in Brittany had some form of maypole dancing festival which ended up as a great night. Only plain drunk at this one.

We have been to a chestnut one somewhere but too drunk to remember where it was.

Poncin near Nantua had one and i think that was a weekly event like a night market that just ended up as drinking festival each week

Trying to look for a wine festival so i can find an excuse to have a drink.

Berck has a kite festival for the non drinkers which is pretty impressive mid april time

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!