Yet another complete beginner (1 Viewer)

Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
I am in the process of buying my first motorhome, what a steep learning curve it has been so far! My intention is to full time from December next year. Am intending to get used to the van until then by taking it out as often as I can, even if only for 2 days off (my 'weekend' which is usually during the week). I'd prefer to wild camp as much as possible. Got convinced of joining up here when I noticed the solo traveller section as it is a slight concern as a female. I am intending to remain in the UK as I am still of working age. The idea is to be able to work less and have more time painting, although the work side is a concern. Owning bricks and mortar has never been for me. But after 20 years of live-in jobs I am ready for my own space.
I know I have an awful lot to learn still but going through the threads I'm sure will answer most of my questions.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
IMG_0855.GIF
Welcome @SGNV , you are not alone as a solo female, you have come to the right place.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Hi and welcome to the Fun. :welcome3:

I did what you are planning to do over 5 years ago - and am still full timing, although no longer solo. :Smile:

What van are you getting? And what type of heating has it got? If you're planning on wild camping through a UK winter and relying on gas heating you will get through an awful lot of gas. Take a look at Gaslow or one of the other refillable cylinder systems, if you haven't already.

Good luck with your plans. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Bart

Free Member
Jun 4, 2016
Northern Ireland
Funster No
MH
Boxer L4H2 van build
Exp
Since 2016
Hiya and welcome , you have came to the right place , plenty of solo travelers here.

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Hi and welcome to the Fun. :welcome3:

I did what you are planning to do over 5 years ago - and am still full timing, although no longer solo. :Smile:

What van are you getting? And what type of heating has it got? If you're planning on wild camping through a UK winter and relying on gas heating you will get through an awful lot of gas. Take a look at Gaslow or one of the other refillable cylinder systems, if you haven't already.

Good luck with your plans. :Smile:

No longer solo? Scary thought, that sure ain't part of the planning! :eek:
It already has the gaslow bottles, it was one of the ticks in favour of it.

Sep 22, 2014
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Duetto
Exp
Since 2014
Hi and :pink: As@Riverbankannie said lots of female solos, but also lots of knowledgeable people on the general forum,

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Hi to you and a warm welcome to MHF(y) We have been motorhoming for 20yrs and every time we go out now we still learn something new.Its a great hobby/lifestyle.just enjoy it(y)
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
SGNV
Nov 11, 2016
uk, no fixed abode
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
since 2016
Hi to you and a warm welcome to MHF(y) We have been motorhoming for 20yrs and every time we go out now we still learn something new.Its a great hobby/lifestyle.just enjoy it(y)
Brian & Jo

Thank you! It jus is such a steep learning curve and I have to do it all on my own which makes is doubly scary.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back