Working from moho (1 Viewer)

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Had my first , mid week, working from the moho with laptop , mifi , etc - quite a success really and paves the way for semi retirement / 3 day weeks . But I do find only having one computer screen limiting . I know I can plug in another but has someone sourced a lightweight 2 nd VDU or has a better idea ?

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Had my first , mid week, working from the moho with laptop , mifi , etc - quite a success really and paves the way for semi retirement / 3 day weeks . But I do find only having one computer screen limiting . I know I can plug in another but has someone sourced a lightweight 2 nd VDU or has a better idea ?
Drink half a bottle of scotch then you will have double vision ::bigsmile:

I occasionally work from the van but find it hard as I always think of being in there as being away so should be relaxing so it is then hard to distinguish between work and play. Also hard for Mrs T as she cannot have TV or radio on and ahs to hear me tapping away on keyboard or chattering on meetings.

Feb 18, 2017
Greenwich, London, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer MLT 570
Exp
Use the TV ?

My issue was the printer, I now have a 2nd hand Canon which is fine, but I need to find a box to put it in in the garage.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
I know I can plug in another but has someone sourced a lightweight 2 nd VDU or has a better idea ?
I've got one of these. 'Full HD' sound good, but of course it is only good in TV terms. It is significantly less than the resolution of the laptop monitor, but small portable hi-res monitors are both rare & eye-wateringly expensive. I've had it for a year, so the choice may be better now. There were some nice 4k portable monitors in development last year, but I haven't looked to see if they have made it into the mainstream.

ASUS ZenScreen Touch MB16AMT Portable Monitor, 15.6-Inch, IPS, Full
HD, 10-Point Touch, Built-in Battery, Hybrid Signal Solution, USB Type-C,
Micro-HDMI, For Laptops, Smartphones, Consoles and Cameras
ASIN: B07TT7Y38B

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
I’ve been working in the MH since the start of the pandemic. The only thing I did miss was the printer but got round that.
B09B10EB-11A6-4EAE-9466-7FDE07A43CE6.jpeg

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Forte
Exp
10years
I've never done it but you can use your iPad as a 2nd screen if you're using MacOS or Windows. It does require you to buy third party software.

Sep 17, 2020
Totton
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Since Sept 2020.
Projectors are pretty cheap these days, and easier to pack away than a screen, if you have any way of setting up something to project on to.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back