Paul an Jane MK

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2016
Milton Keynes
Funster No
MH
Elddis Encore 255
Exp
enjoyed the freedom over the last couple of years but still Wish we could have got away more often
I really hope things start to going in the right direction over the next few days.

Being in limbo with no direct control must be the greatest definition of stress.

I had similar problems last time we sold a house although nothing on your scale but each time our sellers Estate agent came to our rescue to ensure things got underway again which was crazy as my agent who was going to receive a lot of my money did nothing.

We sold our house then we had to look and after three weeks we found something and then the seller of that house had to find something which took another three weeks but thankfully the place she found was empty so full steam ahead so I thought. A phone call a few weeks later from my sellers agent to advise me my buyer had not even instructed a solicitor, so we had to sell our house again. Everything then progressed to the expected day of exchange and no news, rang my Solicitor for the Secretary to inform me once it is done I will be contacted and then a phone call from my sellers Estate agent again to inform me my buyer had concerns about the alterations to our chimney breast and that is why they had not exchanged, she also informed me of a solution to the problem which was to pay for an indemnity insurance. So with this information I contacted my Solicitor and we echanged after the weekend on the Monday.

Moral of the story I suppose, estate agent are like insurance companies, you never know how good they are until things go wrong. Do not be reluctant to kick butt at your estate agents to find out what is going on and regular updates they stand to make a lot of commision once it goes through and as somebody has said your Solicitor is not allowed to make contact beyond the immediate chain but plainly as my experience shows one good agent somewhere in the chain can make a huge difference.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you.

Paul

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Hoping all goes well for you this week.

I've told the kids that if we ever move from here it will be into rented or an old park home / static caravan - something that can either be cleared and handed back or used as a holiday home, nothing with any value to speak of.

Rob and Val

Free Member
Oct 17, 2010
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Talbot Compass Calypso
Exp
Since July 2010
Thinking of you, @Charlie, and hoping you will have some good news this week.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Thoughts are with you and fingers crossed its moving ahead(sorry for the pun but you know what I mean) hope you and Mrs C are holding up xx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Charlie think we need to send you some more good wishes and a hug for you and your wife. :hugs:
Oh dear you are just feeling randy after that Lemoncello arn't you ... every post on here asking for hugs and kisses.

Oh well... ok. Here you go .. hug and xxxxx

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Oh no Charlie only unpack the essentials and leave the others for a while it will hopefully work out and at a pinch you could use the motorhome for a while.
Hang in there and don't give up please.xxxx:hugs:

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Oh no Charlie only unpack the essentials and leave the others for a while it will hopefully work out and at a pinch you could use the motorhome for a while.
Hang in there and don't give up please.xxxx:hugs:

It's fallen through.... Nothing I can do. Our buyers solicitor is completely ignoring our solicitor and our agent. Our buyer is refusing to answer the phone or return the multiple messages so there has to be something wrong. Add to that the vendor of the bungalow delivered an ultimatum that unless exchange takes place today as it should have done he is pulling out.

We have missed 4 exchange days now so it's a dead deal... This is the 4th time moving has done this to us. I actually genuinly feel like I'm falling apart.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
It's fallen through.... Nothing I can do. Our buyers solicitor is completely ignoring our solicitor and our agent. Our buyer is refusing to answer the phone or return the multiple messages so there has to be something wrong. Add to that the vendor of the bungalow delivered an ultimatum that unless exchange takes place today as it should have done he is pulling out.

We have missed 4 exchange days now so it's a dead deal... This is the 4th time moving has done this to us. I actually genuinly feel like I'm falling apart.
Hang in there please.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Aw gosh Charlie that's awful, I really do feel for you both.
Maybe time to just stop for a while, get your breath back, and then later on try to find a different way.
For now, just try to hang on, and let us know if there's anything practical that could help, and I'm sure somebody will be there. You know we're all on your side, don't you.
Moving house is a terrible strain, there's nothing you could have done to stop this happening to you.

If a shoulder to cry on helps, here's mine .....

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
I'm swearing as much as you are if not more Charlie.

Don't unpack everything though, just the essentials and enough to make the house you are selling looked "dressed" but no clutter. Put the rest into a storage unit.

Can you get away for a bit of a break? I think you both deserve it.

I know it doesn't feel like it right now but sometimes these things happen for a reason. When a house purchase we were making fell through I was upset (understatement) but within the month the house a few doors away was raided by the police - drugs and a brothel!!!!!!! And in such a nice area.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Charlie, I am devastated to hear this.

In my experience, what seems like a disaster has always turned out to be a blessing in the end. It is the process between that hurts

I'm with all the above, hang in there mate. This will come good in the end

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Sorry it's fallen through but there was clearly at least one party farting about. Let's hope you find another buyer without a chain.

Good luck

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
As all the others have said, just hang in there @Charlie.
After all, it's only a house. Health is far more important.
Something better will come along and you'll get a better price for yours.
It will come good in the end. The good guy always wins.

Richard.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Breakthrough !!

In desperation I googled the name of our buyer. After several wrong people I finally got to speak to our buyer. To cut it short he was as pleased to speak to me as I to him. He has been led the same merry dance by his representatives as us and relieved to speak to me and get things sorted !

The plan now is to get the ball rolling and there is an excellent chance we will get exchanged very soon.

Today has been a day of despair. I understand how some can say its only a house but in our position it really is a lot more than that ! Light at the end of the tunnel at last.

The system is very badly flawed it really is.

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
Great news Charlie (y). Fingers crossed . Hows your wife better i hope .

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Breakthrough !!

In desperation I googled the name of our buyer. After several wrong people I finally got to speak to our buyer. To cut it short he was as pleased to speak to me as I to him. He has been led the same merry dance by his representatives as us and relieved to speak to me and get things sorted !

The plan now is to get the ball rolling and there is an excellent chance we will get exchanged very soon.

Today has been a day of despair. I understand how some can say its only a house but in our position it really is a lot more than that ! Light at the end of the tunnel at last.

The system is very badly flawed it really is.
Just catching up...what a rollercoaster ...glad things seem back on track....but who the hell is causing the problem??? Now you have made contact with your buyer things should get so much easier.

Best wishes x

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Hate to be a party pooper, but it's easy to blame others when the truth is its all down to you.

Good luck but don't get your hopes up based on one call.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Hate to be a party pooper, but it's easy to blame others when the truth is its all down to you.

Good luck but don't get your hopes up based on one call.

Who me ????? All I've done is put my/our trust in the people who are supposed to not only represent us but have out interests at the forefront.

I can't be bothered to get into pointing the finger at anyone at this point. All that will do is increase the stress and what will it achieve anyway ?

This process has been very poorly handled. Turns out it's caused nearly as much stress down the chain as it has for us. Plus the vendor we are to buy off. Not ideal.

What do we have if we don't have hope ..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Just back from being out for tea and so glad you have managed to get it all going again fingers crossed.(y)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Who me ????? All I've done is put my/our trust in the people who are supposed to not only represent us but have out interests at the forefront.

I can't be bothered to get into pointing the finger at anyone at this point. All that will do is increase the stress and what will it achieve anyway ?

This process has been very poorly handled. Turns out it's caused nearly as much stress down the chain as it has for us. Plus the vendor we are to buy off. Not ideal.

What do we have if we don't have hope ..

Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were to blame but possibly your buyer was making excuses and blaming others.

Sorry for confusion.

OP
OP
Charlie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Sorry, I wasn't suggesting you were to blame but possibly your buyer was making excuses and blaming others.

Sorry for confusion.

Chris after the long conversation it's clear it was not our buyer and it's easy to see how when and why the situation developed like it did. I remain sceptical but optimistic. I could if I want to raise hell over this lot but that isn't my way of doing things. Firm feedback will definitely be given even if it's only in the hope it prevents it happening to the people future clients. One thing is for sure no recommendations will be made for this bunch..

laird of Dunstan

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9000DFH
Exp
ex caravanner
Hi Charlie ,i am very sorry to hear of your distress ,im hoping it all works out for you and your wife ,in Scotland the house buying system is different ,its much better and stops gazumping and stuff like that,good luck mate

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back