Wiring an engine battery from solar regulator (1 Viewer)

Venturerdave

Free Member
Apr 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Hello

I have a 2020 Elddis Sunseeker CV40 that I have owned for just on twelve months, and love it.
A couple of times this winter I have come to start the engine to find that the battery was flat causing md to charge it.
Part of the spec on this model is an 80w solar panel that charges the domestic battery only via a Truma regulator.

There is an option on the regulator to wire it to the engine battery and set the charge level, possibly 10% of solar charge to the engine battery.

My questions are.
1 is this something I can do myself.
2 If it is what is the best route for the cabling. The Truma regulator is by the rear doors in a locker near the roof.
3. What gauge wire should I use to be safe.
4. Any other advise would be appreciated.

Oct 10, 2018
Bracklesham Bay, West Sussex
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Another way would be to fit a Vanbitz battery master (very easy) ,if you check out their website it describes its operation and you can see if it would suit your needs. They also give discount to fun members.

OP
OP
V

Venturerdave

Free Member
Apr 16, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
A Battery master seems the way to go as a fit and forget item. With the leisure battery under s branch seat at the rear and engine battery under the passengers feet in the cab (Fiat Ducato) can anyone suggest the best route to run the wiring from the leisure battery to the engine battery, preferably hidden away as much as possible.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Tombola

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2020
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Rapido 8094DF
Exp
Since 2004
You dont have to go to the battery direct if you already have cables coming in under your branch seat from the engine battery etc. Maybe a b2b charger ? similar to this

But routing from the battery under the panel then alongside the passenger step and side of chair is quite easy to remove the panels and feed it through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back