Winterise (1 Viewer)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I didn't winterise our van when i put it in storage mid December. Not been to it since as we have been overseas.
Concerned about the water that was left in the boiler/heating system (didn't learn or know how to drain it until after we had left the country).
Fresh and grey water tanks were emptied.
What am i likely to find after that bad cold spell you had awhile ago????
Should get to the van by months end.

Nov 5, 2019
Arkley, Barnet, UK
Funster No
MH
Corinium Duo
Exp
Relative newbie
Do you have a frost valve? If so, should be fine. Mine was in a similar state when I had to leave it in November. However, the frost valve triggered and all was well when I went to inspect yesterday. In fact I was pleasantly surprised at how good a condition the van was in, just needs a proper wash and a further water flush.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Depends on where it was stored and what the weather was like, how cold did it get?

Taps and any remaining water in pipes could have been damaged.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
bobnick
Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I don't know about a frost valve.
It is stored in a compound in the country near Tarporley Cheshire. I think they had it well below 0c for a few days.
Think i am just going to have to fire it up and have a look see if any damage has been done with fingers crossed that non has.

Happy Jim

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 13, 2017
Devon
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9095DF
Exp
Since June 2017
The frost valve protects the boiler (dumped the water), if you’re lucky that’s all that happens...reset the valve and carry on. I may have forgotten to leave my taps open and paid the price...
Broken tap spout

Aug 8, 2013
CHESTER
Funster No
MH
Hymer 544
Exp
Since 2006
I don't know about a frost valve.
It is stored in a compound in the country near Tarporley Cheshire. I think they had it well below 0c for a few days.
Think i am just going to have to fire it up and have a look see if any damage has been done with fingers crossed that non has.
I’m in Chester and we didn’t really have much heavy frost. Had one day of -4 but think I only scraped the screen twice. Hope it’s ok.
Oozzie

Augusta08

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2015
Morbihan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Augusta
Exp
Since 2001
Wouldn't worry about it Bob, I'm in Cheshire ATM (Stuck here since Xmas) and it's not been that cold.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back