Will our GEHIC work a second time? (1 Viewer)

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Jan's full on plaster cast means that she needs a lot of assistance from me, lifting and pulling etc... Unfortunately for both of us I woke up on Monday morning with a virtually paralysed left arm, and in considerable pain! The muscle in my upper arm feels like a heavy lump of wood, so I'm waiting for my phone to charge up so that I can ring the NW to give them the good tidings...
Between us we have two good right arms, but holding hands is difficult... :eek:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sorry to hear that, hope its nothing serious.
Do you have to contact NW if using the GHICE for treatment, I didn't bother Contacting my insurers in Germany last year (Lloyds Bank). I wasn't even going to make a claim until I discovered I could get £50 for every day spent in hospital.

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Jan's full on plaster cast means that she needs a lot of assistance from me, lifting and pulling etc... Unfortunately for both of us I woke up on Monday morning with a virtually paralysed left arm, and in considerable pain! The muscle in my upper arm feels like a heavy lump of wood, so I'm waiting for my phone to charge up so that I can ring the NW to give them the good tidings...
Between us we have two good right arms, but holding hands is difficult... :eek:
I had the 'dead left arm' in 2018, 2 weeks before a cruise. GP sent me straight to the local Cardiac Assessment Ward, where the Scan confirmed several embolisms around the outside of one lung; the Consultant said, quote, 'If the embolisms had been in the middle, I would have been worried ....' I think that I would have been dead ... :giggle:

I was allowed to take the cruise, though ... (y)

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Do you have to contact NW if using the GHICE for treatment, I didn't bother Contacting my insurers in Germany last year (Lloyds Bank). I wasn't even going to make a claim until I discovered I could get £50 for every day spent in hospital.
I take your point, but things may get serious as if my arm is strapped up then neither of us can drive and we planned to go home on the 22nd October..

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Nationwide is only £25 per day for hospital! We weren't going to make a claim, only rang them because the 28 days driving ban increased our stay to 93 days for the 90 days policy. I expected a quick 'we'll extend the cover by 3 days for £10 admin fee' response, but they turned a 'drama into a crisis' old Commercial Union advert!], involving numerous phone calls [2 lasted a few seconds short of 1 hour], emailing over 50 pages of hospital papers, ferry bookings, prescriptions, GP consent to disclosure etc etc, and, instead of my paying them £10, the Insurers paid me just over £600, and my blood pressure went off the scale trying to get a sensible discussion underway. Just what you need straight after a heart attack!

Steve

OP
OP
John Barrett

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Back at camp now after another bout of Xrays and a second consultation. It is 'Post Traumatic Omalgia' which is a posh way of describing shoulder pain!
I'll live, but he said 'Do not do any work!' Fat chance with only two working arms between us!
I have to go the Pharmacy and get some Emantyum to last five days.
Good job the sun is shining. :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back