Why do Comfort ask that question ? (1 Viewer)

Jul 4, 2013
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
IH 600RD
Exp
Since 2017
Renewed my PVC insurance with Comfort earlier today and one of the questions they asked was had I made any windscreen claims in the past 5 years . I'd actually forgotten that last year I had a windscreen replaced and replied 'No' . Later when I realised my error I contacted them and they updated my records but the premium remained the same . Have others been asked that question by Comfort ? I have always understood that a glass claim is not regarded as a 'claim' as such when renewing insurance maybe I am wrong.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Windscreen claims can be very expensive… £5k plus

I guess that’s why they ask the question.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've always thought it strange that A class windscreen claims can cost as much but the insurance hardly seems loaded maybe they're starting to get cautious.
I don't know why insurance claims for windscreens don't affect the premiums after all the no claims bonus is just that a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Never been asked that Q..Surely they should already know that answer by their records:unsure::unsure:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I've always thought it strange that A class windscreen claims can cost as much but the insurance hardly seems loaded maybe they're starting to get cautious.
I don't know why insurance claims for windscreens don't affect the premiums after all the no claims bonus is just that a no claims bonus not a no blame bonus.
Not 100% certain but I think glass cover is a seperate insurance policy grouped together with your premium.
The van/car insurer will claim on the glass insurance.
Possibly the same as insurance based breakdown cover, they will buy the cover at a big discount then stick it on your premium unless you opt out. .

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Not 100% certain but I think glass cover is a seperate insurance policy grouped together with your premium.
The van/car insurer will claim on the glass insurance.
Possibly the same as insurance based breakdown cover, they will buy the cover at a big discount then stick it on your premium unless you opt out. .
In which case I'm still surprised that the supplier of the glass insurance hasn't noticed an order of magnitude change on a class windscreens compared to other MH.

hja

May 8, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit Prim
Exp
Since 2019
We are with Comfort, not been asked that question. And have changed van.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well done remembering and letting them know.

If you hadn’t and had made a claim, guess what …..!

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi.
We are with Comfort,had two windscreens go,one on a Renault Master and one on this Fiat Ducato. Both were dealt with and no hassle at all,very good company,keeping you informed all the time as to changes in laws etc.
Tea Bag

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Well done remembering and letting them know.

If you hadn’t and had made a claim, guess what …..!
Apologies to OP for going off topic but Chris should really reconcile his newish Avatar pic with his signature.

I know he is probably teasing us old hands, and I have bitten, but it must confuse 'Newbies'

Geoff

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Apologies to OP for going off topic but Chris should really reconcile his newish Avatar pic with his signature.

I know he is probably teasing us old hands, and I have bitten, but it must confuse 'Newbies'

Geoff
My avatar is a heartfelt request or plea for posters not to make negative comments about France or the French (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back