Who Would sell their MoHo to a Dealer?? (7 Viewers)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've been to a dealers today at Ellesmere Port, gave them the info on our 2014 Auto Sleeper Broadway EB for part exchange against a Hobby Vantana PVC.
All that I'm losing is the equivalent of the VAT on our original purchase price, 3 years old and 5 journeys to Benidorm 20,700 miles.
The dealer also advised not to get van serviced or MOT'd as they will see to it all.
Also said they will not go back on there offer.

John.
Still over double on what I'm losing on mine trading it in Belgium.
I don't see what VAT has do do with it, you bought it for X, you are trading it for Y, VAT is irrelevant.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I think trading in against New is completely different to a cash sale, on a trade in discounts can be used to massage trade in figures on your used van.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Can be the case, I managed to get a very good trade in and a very big discount on the new van.
Can't get my head round that Lenny, let's say you trade it in for 50k and negotiate a good deal on a new van £55k (your 10% loss/difference as you said) why would someone pay 50k for a 3 yr old van when they could have new for 55k and that's at cost to the dealer or is it me being dumb o_O(y)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Can't get my head round that Lenny, let's say you trade it in for 50k and negotiate a good deal on a new van £55k (your 10% loss/difference as you said) why would someone pay 50k for a 3 yr old van when they could have new for 55k and that's at cost to the dealer or is it me being dumb o_O(y)
I paid 58k for my van had a 16% discount I get a good discount as dealer is exporting the (less hassle for him) buys my van back at 52k which is 60k Euro, a new van will have increased by at least 3% per year and locals would not get such a good discount (they would get 10%). Dealer has said he will sell my van for €60k without warranty or €64-€65 with warranty. List price of my van now is €87.5k less 10%=€78.75k, so someone buys my old van at €64k a saving of €15k over the best price for a new one.
The van I'm buying is more a expensive model so I'm having to find around €24k to change.

Last edited:

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Although we've traded in our coachbuilt with a dealer at half its original list price after 11 years, our first camper was a '75 VW Combi, bought from a dealer. We sold it privately 7 years later and got exactly the same price we'd paid for it, zero depreciation. Obviously certain models have cult status but there's something to be said for buying second hand and looking after it if you're on a budget.

I've been to a dealers today at Ellesmere Port..

Sounds like the place recommended to us by a friend. Although we bought elsewhere in the end we were treated well by them.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've been to a dealers today at Ellesmere Port, gave them the info on our 2014 Auto Sleeper Broadway EB for part exchange against a Hobby Vantana PVC.
All that I'm losing is the equivalent of the VAT on our original purchase price, 3 years old and 5 journeys to Benidorm 20,700 miles.
The dealer also advised not to get van serviced or MOT'd as they will see to it all.
Also said they will not go back on there offer.

John.
We have been to a different dealers today at Newark SMC and they have offered us £2000 more than the above on a slightly cheaper van a Globecar Campscout with that much storage under the fixed bed I can do away with our trailer and won't need a tow bar fitted.
We have some thinking to do now as the Hobby is more luxurious but doesn't have the same amount of storage under the fixed bed. And the kitchen drawers are slightly smaller in depth.

John.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back