Whitening my toilet bowl. (1 Viewer)

Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
With use the bowl of my Thetford toilet has become rather unsightly due to yellowing. This is despite using the top tank liquid correctly and the branded toilet bowl cleaner. Looking to sell and would rather the bowl not be the colour of my first pee in the morning! Any suggestions... SWMBO reckons a weak bleach solution wiped round on a cloth... we know not to pour bleach down the toilet cos of the seals before you say... any ideas?

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We have had reasonable results with bio washing powder.

Mix some in a container with enough water to make a paste. Brush on with a paint brush, leave for an hour and wash off.

We then leave the liquid in the empty cassette for a few days and then rinse that out. Cleans the inside of the cassette as well! :giggle:

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Try using white wine vinegar, place kitchen paper towels around bowl and soak with the vinegar and leave to soak.
It could be lime scale build up.

TCG

Jul 6, 2017
Salford Priors
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
With use the bowl of my Thetford toilet has become rather unsightly due to yellowing. This is despite using the top tank liquid correctly and the branded toilet bowl cleaner. Looking to sell and would rather the bowl not be the colour of my first pee in the morning! Any suggestions... SWMBO reckons a weak bleach solution wiped round on a cloth... we know not to pour bleach down the toilet cos of the seals before you say... any ideas?
Are you dehydrated :rofl:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Milton solution. pull the dropping point over and fill up with water and add some milton, leave for an hour and open the trap and robert is your fathers brother.

It worked outstandingly well on my home brew plastic bins and cant see why it would work on toilet

OP
OP
NicandJay
Nov 24, 2017
Greater London
Funster No
MH
2021 Burstner TD680G
Exp
Camping , caravanning, campervaning for 10 years
Thanks all for the suggestions now my eyes are burning from the mix of all the remedies and yes the pan is a bit better. The caravan goes tomorrow along with the remaining yellowing so good riddance to them both. Once again thanks to all

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Would a teeth whitening solution and tooth brush help ;)

Jun 2, 2017
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleff Trend
Exp
5 yrs +
We use a very weak solution of bleach, Dettol and washing up liquid and spray bowl after every use mainly for freshness but it also keeps the bowl spotless.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Neat traffic film remover, the caustic one cleans it perfectly & doesn't damage the seals.
Spray the film remover onto the bowl leave for 30 second & no longer, good flush with plenty of fresh water, job done (if you'll pardon the pun).
Bleach is actually quite effective too, I've literally just done the sink in our moho, its gleaming white & I've cleaned motorhome sinks this way many times for many years.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
when clean or preferably before staining, give the toilet bowl a good coat of quality car bodywork wax to seal the slightly porous surface. Then everything just slides off, even after the worst curry

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I forgot to mention Hydrogen-Peroxide. About a cup of standard 3% liquid added to the bowel full of water left for 20-30 minutes will whiten and disinfect it.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Definite NO NO along with mouth washes, not to be used as they damage the plastic. (y)
👍 was only 🙃 joking but there are some great recommendations here. I suspect teeth whitening products are not good for teeth either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back