Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
My van is a 2005 Burstner on a Ducato chassis. I'm thinking of brightening it up... It looks like the cab and possibly the conversion are a little oxidised. From reading the forum I think I'll use Collinite 476 to wax it... But what polish might be best to consider to remove the light oxidation? Thanks.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I suppose it depends how light "light" is, Autoglym is supposed to be a very mild polish, if that does not do the job you something a bit more aggressive possibly a paint restorer from the Farecla range.

Martin

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I use and have been selling this for a few years and have found it very good, it is gentle and can be applied by hand or machine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started
I use and have been selling this for a few years and have found it very good, it is gentle and can be applied by hand or machine.

Well you hit all the right keywords in your ad - tired, oxidation, chalking - it's not a serious issue, but whenever I see other MHs - even ones of similar age - they look noticeably whiter; but when I have nothing to compare then it looks "slightly tired white", with the cab gloss a little lacking in sparkle. So I think (to answer @funflair) that this classes it as "light" oxidation.

I'll order some of your polish then protect it with the Collinite wax. Does that sound like an effective combination? What's the best way to apply your product - your advert says "use dry" but with a sponge/microfibre cloth etc? And then what? Thanks.

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I generally use a slightly damp microfiber cloth. On stubborn areas I use it on a dry cloth.
Once you have got it up you can give it a quick going over using less pressure on a wetter microfiber cloth when you see the surface is looking ingrained again.

OP
OP
The Lobster

The Lobster

Free Member
Aug 13, 2011
Borders of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Bürstner A576
Exp
Still getting started

So a brief polish with your product followed by the Collinite gave magnificent results... Thanks. No more subdued white and chalky surface :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
So a brief polish with your product followed by the Collinite gave magnificent results... Thanks. No more subdued white and chalky surface :)

Thanks for letting us know.
I get regular messages from people who have bought my polish and have had great results.
If an other funders went any please just message me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back