DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Grommett, I want email (& maybe Skype), browsing (especially Fun), banking, story writing, and photo storage; a little bit of record keeping via Excel; a little bit of work usually based on pro forma documents. Will it do for that please?
Be careful over banking. The Barclays banking app runs on my phone but not my tablet. Both are running Android 7.1.1 which is the latest version but if I try to load the app on my tablet it just says it isn't compatible. So the app may not work which means you would have to do it with the web browser without the convenience of the app. This applies to Barclays of course - other banks may differ. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Be careful over banking. The Barclays banking app runs on my phone but not my tablet. Both are running Android 7.1.1 which is the latest version but if I try to load the app on my tablet it just says it isn't compatible. So the app may not work which means you would have to do it with the web browser, which means you could still do banking but possibly without the convenience of the app. This applies to Barclays if course - other banks may differ. :)
Interesting John, thanks for the warning.
I've never knowingly used an "app" for anything!!! (founder member of Modern-Day Luddites Anonymous) but I know that will have to change.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Interesting John, thanks for the warning.
I've never knowingly used an "app" for anything!!! (founder member of Modern-Day Luddites Anonymous) but I know that will have to change.
Don't worry about it then. :) If you are used to using online banking on say a PC then you can do exactly the same on an Android tablet or Chrome book.

The app is just convenient. On my phone I open the app, type in a 5 digit passcode and then I can move money about (if there is any to move) or pay a bill - I've had lots of practice of that. :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Don't worry about it then. :) If you are used to using online banking on say a PC then you can do exactly the same on an Android tablet or Chrome book.

The app is just convenient. On my phone I open the app, type in a 5 digit passcode and then I can move money about (if there is any to move) or pay a bill - I've had lots of practice of that. :)
Funny how the bills keep coming along.....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back