Which Hymer is best? Hymer B558 Premium Line OR Hymer ML-I 580 (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
SandBunnies
Dec 28, 2019
The United Arab Emirates
Funster No
MH
Hymer B698
Exp
I'm a newbie
We have space for stuff eg golf clubs plus ebikes in the garage, the pay load would be ok without the tow bar (63kg)
We also have twin 11kg gaslow refillable gas bottles. There are lighter bottles available ie Alugas.
We moved our spare wheel forward to the cupboard under the starboard bed. This may not work if the low garage option is selected and also may not work on the 580.
MOT not a big problem on newer vehicles in my view. Insurance is a matter of research and best done by yourselves. I don't entirely discount a relationship with a GOOD dealer, but you should pay less in a private sale which should compensate. The truck side is down to the commercial market and is easily achieved all over. We had a suspension fault fixed in Croatia and were pleased enough to have a service at the same place.
The rest of the niggles we sort.
The only thing we use a dealer for is the continuing annual damp inspection, can be done by any Hymer dealer in Europe.
Hi Jonasaw19. Thanks for this. I can tell by reading the MHF magazine that buyers need to be wary of dealers - like a used car salesman :sneaky:. The issue with a private seller is that you have no comeback if anything goes wrong, you have no warranty. 63kg for a towbar???? And I was worried about heavy bike chains!!!

OP
OP
SandBunnies
Dec 28, 2019
The United Arab Emirates
Funster No
MH
Hymer B698
Exp
I'm a newbie
Haha, it's usually the buyer who is nervous about a private sale. We sold our 10 year old Hymer privately and the buyer was so "scam conscious" that she checked on google view to make sure it was visible at our home address.

Transfer of monies electronically these days is virtually 100% secure (bank to bank). I think the limit is £10k per transaction so just do multiple payments. You do need to do a check that the vehicle has no outstanding finance on it.

I gave the new owner a 4 page handover document as she was new to motorhomes, as you are, I suspect.

I worked in Oman for a couple of years in the 90's....really enjoyed the experience but you do need to be consciously aware, all the time, of complying fully with the host countries traditions. The ultimate freedom was sitting on the runway with the engines on maximum thrust :LOL:
Hi Waggoneer,

I've done 17 years in the ME and it's really time to come home. Travelled a bit and consider Europe to be the jewel in the crown, that's why we saved it till last....well nearly last. The one thing a dealer can do is keep our MoHo on the lot until we come and pick it up in a few months time...AND get a few things fitted for us if we need them. These are the things my husband is pointing out - he's the nervous one. I just hope whoever sells to us can do a thorough 'handover' as we are new to this. I actually thought I might benefit by doing an HGV course. THAT'S how nervous I am. I have a track record with scrapes!

OP
OP
SandBunnies
Dec 28, 2019
The United Arab Emirates
Funster No
MH
Hymer B698
Exp
I'm a newbie
Dear all,

I just thought I'd update you. We are just back from the UK and purchased a MoHo while we were there. It's a Hymer B698. The place we bought it from are fitting a few things on it and we will be back in the UK in June to pick it up and start our travels.

Thanks again for all the input. Hope we get to meet some of you guys somewhere warm and sunny.

Jules :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Well done, as you are not collecting it until June I hope you only left a small deposit and will pay the balance on collection.

OP
OP
SandBunnies
Dec 28, 2019
The United Arab Emirates
Funster No
MH
Hymer B698
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Lenny,

Well, we are paying in dribs and drabs. They are storing it for us for 4 months, which is giving us a lot of peace of mind - as we have no idea what we'd do with it otherwise.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back