Which? Best Buy Fold Flat Grater (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This Procook grater https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-premium-stainless-steel-grater-folding is well rated by Which? "This foldable grater impressed us, making quick work of cheese and veg. Although it's pricey, it offers three sizes of grater, it's incredibly easy to use and it folds flat for storage. We love the design and the non-slip rubber feet." It is an expensive option at £24 but thought it worth posting in case anyone is looking for a space saving but effective grater. Not tried it ourselves but will have a look when next in local Procook shop.

1642593579463.png

Full review:
Best Buy: ProCook Premium Stainless Steel Grater Cheapest price: £24 available from ProCook Dishwasher safe: Yes Key features: Three sizes of grater, compact folding design, rubber feet Pros: Great build quality, very compact, easy to use, non-slip rubber feet Cons: Bits of grated food can get stuck in the joins, doesn’t have a zester Our verdict: This lightweight and foldable cheese grater is extremely efficient at shredding cheese and it's a worthy Best Buy. It has three sections to grate from chunky pieces to fine, They're razor-sharp and made quick work of cheddar, carrot and hard cheese in our test. There's no zester though. It's easy to use, even if you have restricted hand movement. See our ‘How we tested’ section below for more details on how we considered restricted hand movement in our tests. We love how this cheese grater folds down so it's easy to store in a kitchen drawer. For the most part it's easy to clean, but food can get stuck in the folding joints at the top, and this can be tricky to remove. All in all, though, this is a brilliant cheese grater, especially for those who want something that takes up less space than your average grater.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
B and m do a nice flat grater it fits in its own box.
the box is also used as the base and the cheese can be stored in the box as it is grated keeping it fresh
while the grater then clips onto the top lid.

saw one yesterday but did not need one.
less than £4.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
I rate the microplane ones, easy to clean and don’t take up room. I didn’t like the bit about food getting stuck in the hinge on that one.
Amazon product ASIN B009XFYUAY
We have a couple of those but don't find them as easy as a box grater as the base can slip - we grate a lot of carrot for salads & quick cooked one pan meals. Thinking perhaps the folding one is the best mix of the two & take your point about the hinge although if it is a big issue don't think it would have been made a Best Buy.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
1642622316346.png

We got one of these, but from IKEA. We really like it. Easy to use, and a lid for any left-overs.

Jan 23, 2016
Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 660SP
Exp
25 years

I have an IKEA version, with a purple container. While in IKEA I also bought???????? :roflmto:

snapshotimagehandler_171899121.jpeg

From Tesco 0.80p

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Here’s my grater, had it for years now, stands about 6” tall and the rubber base comes off for cleaning.

83E76BA4-80E7-4E79-BDE8-515A338210C2.jpeg
A01F618B-ABC6-4B83-855B-B2F5D0A93840.jpeg

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
They clearly don't like the W Mids or Warwickshire which is why presumably I've never seen them or heard of them - and at £24 for a flippin grater which OK I do regard as a must have, does not get used every day - I'll hardly be travelling best part of an hour to either Cannock or Evesham, to seek them out.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
This Procook grater https://www.procook.co.uk/product/procook-premium-stainless-steel-grater-folding is well rated by Which? "This foldable grater impressed us, making quick work of cheese and veg. Although it's pricey, it offers three sizes of grater, it's incredibly easy to use and it folds flat for storage. We love the design and the non-slip rubber feet." It is an expensive option at £24 but thought it worth posting in case anyone is looking for a space saving but effective grater. Not tried it ourselves but will have a look when next in local Procook shop.

View attachment 577012

Full review:
Best Buy: ProCook Premium Stainless Steel Grater Cheapest price: £24 available from ProCook Dishwasher safe: Yes Key features: Three sizes of grater, compact folding design, rubber feet Pros: Great build quality, very compact, easy to use, non-slip rubber feet Cons: Bits of grated food can get stuck in the joins, doesn’t have a zester Our verdict: This lightweight and foldable cheese grater is extremely efficient at shredding cheese and it's a worthy Best Buy. It has three sections to grate from chunky pieces to fine, They're razor-sharp and made quick work of cheddar, carrot and hard cheese in our test. There's no zester though. It's easy to use, even if you have restricted hand movement. See our ‘How we tested’ section below for more details on how we considered restricted hand movement in our tests. We love how this cheese grater folds down so it's easy to store in a kitchen drawer. For the most part it's easy to clean, but food can get stuck in the folding joints at the top, and this can be tricky to remove. All in all, though, this is a brilliant cheese grater, especially for those who want something that takes up less space than your average grater.
It's currently out of stock so happy shopping elsewhere.

OP
OP
Wombles

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
It's currently out of stock so happy shopping elsewhere.
It was in stock for online delivery when I posted last Wednesday but maybe some that read & don't comment have bought all those! ProCook shops may have stock but lots of other alternatives suggested here too.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
View attachment 577277
We got one of these, but from IKEA. We really like it. Easy to use, and a lid for any left-overs.
We bought one of those from Aldi £1.99,I thought it would be really handy,catches everything in the box below.
Then we just happened to pop into Poundland....you guessed it same item exactly £1.0
Still have the Aldi receipt so may take it back for a refund. :rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back