LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I have just purchased the avtex 21 inch smart tv and for the life of me can not get it to find my huawei WiFi box
Now you mention it I think I had an issue and I phoned Avtex, or it might have been registering the sound bar, actually it’s coming back to me the wifi problem was in Germany and I was logging on to the van next door, anyway they were good on the phone if you are stuck.

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Now you mention it I think I had an issue and I phoned Avtex, or it might have been registering the sound bar, actually it’s coming back to me the wifi problem was in Germany and I was logging on to the van next door, anyway they were good on the phone if you are stuck.
Thanks i will try ringing

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kelv

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2014
leicester
Funster No
MH
Carthago 145
Exp
Kelv,
We had exactly the same problem. Ended up phoning Avtex technical support. He basically talked us through turning the wifi settings on and off which we thought we had done... told us to turn off tv altogether.... then hey presto all worked fine. Give them a call on Monday as like us you might find your tv software needs updating too.. they can send you a file.... nothing seemed logical as to why it worked when he talked us through it and not when we did it
Thanks I will give them a ring Monday

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We opted for a Falcon 22" LED, Bluetooth, SAT/DVB/DVD Travel TV, with soundbar, which also comes with a 3 x year warranty. :)

1615155331354.png

As I am unable to modify the customised drop down TV bracket myself, I am hoping that a local friend who is handy with wood, is going to oblige. ;)

Initial impressions with operating it on it's table top stand (without the soundbar), are good with regards to picture quality and sound. (y)

A 15.5 inch Avtex will be available for sale soon, should anyone be interested. ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I might be being a bit if a dimwit but what's so special about a 12 volt TV?

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I get that but it seems to me that 12v anything is bloody expensive and a little inverter can be as cheap as 20 or 30 quid

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
I get that but it seems to me that 12v anything is bloody expensive and a little inverter can be as cheap as 20 or 30 quid
Been there and done that Grummyb, however, most LCD/LED TVs from the High St outlets these days are 12v anyway, but come with a mains PSU, as did the Falcon unit.

Cheers,

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hello all. :)

Whilst happy with the picture quality of our Avtex 16DRS TV, which we inherited with the MH, Rita and I are looking to replace it now with something larger.
We are currently looking at...............

1. Avtex L219DRS - Pro. @ £393 (cheapest price found).

2. Falcon S4DBTS, plus sound bar @ £320 inclusive.

3. Sniper Travel TV, plus sound bar @ £268 inclusive.

We have no experience if either Falcon or Sniper, however, my research indicates that both offerings are the very same TV, and we do know a couple who are very happy with their 2 x Falcon. TVs.
Whilst price isn't the all important factor, it certainly helps. ;)

Any valid input is welcome thanks.

Cheers,

Avtex, no mess no fuss with a sound bar its a good picture quality, DVD, connects to our Apple TV no problem. We have the Avtex L219DRS - Pro. The biggest issue at the time was the MoHo Dealer who had a large stock of 19" could not and did not wish to supply the slightly bigger unit ( lazy sales again). Also had o become a pest to get the dealer to confirm the screen would neatly fit in to the area (no overhang) we wanted the unit to go into. Other than that the Avtex is perfect, multiple inputs USB for saved films etc.

Would we buy another Avtex the answer is yes.

The disclaimer (other products are available from other manufacturers)

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
We have always had Avtex in all our vans and have the Pro in the bedroom but in the lounge I tried a Sharp because I wanted a smart TV.
I’ll be honest, it’s probably as good if not better than the Avtex and the viewing angle seems better.
I paid £159 for the 24”

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We opted for a Falcon 22" LED, Bluetooth, SAT/DVB/DVD Travel TV, with soundbar, which also comes with a 3 x year warranty. :)

View attachment 471604

As I am unable to modify the customised drop down TV bracket myself, I am hoping that a local friend who is handy with wood, is going to oblige. ;)

Initial impressions with operating it on it's table top stand (without the soundbar), are good with regards to picture quality and sound. (y)

A 15.5 inch Avtex will be available for sale soon, should anyone be interested. ;)

Cheers,

It's just getting the template around the back of the TV that is the most difficult bit Jock, the carbon plate that you have there already should hopefully fit the screw holes on the back of your Falcon.

Enjoy ;)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you buy a normal domestic Tv's 240v that runs off a 12v power supply when using it in the van its worth fitting a voltage stabiliser as your vans 12v can be up to 14.7v when on EHU or being charged by solar.
12v TV's either has circuitry to cope with this or come with a stabiliser. My Cello came with a stabiliser.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
It's just getting the template around the back of the TV that is the most difficult bit Jock, the carbon plate that you have there already should hopefully fit the screw holes on the back of your Falcon.

Enjoy ;)
Thanks Martin. Unfortunately, the carbon plate holes are 80 x 80mm VESA, whereas the Falcon is 100 x100, and the Falcon is about 20mm taller, so hoping to have 2 x slightly longer swing arms made for me, using yours as a template. (y)
If not, I'll have to look drop down metal bracket, which I'd rather avoid if I can. :(

Cheers,

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Thanks Martin. Unfortunately, the carbon plate holes are 80 x 80mm VESA, whereas the Falcon is 100 x100, and the Falcon is about 20mm taller, so hoping to have 2 x slightly longer swing arms made for me, using yours as a template. (y)
If not, I'll have to look drop down metal bracket, which I'd rather avoid if I can. :(

Cheers,

You could just fit 100mm adapters to the existing plate? Dependent upon where they're drilled you could adjust the "position" of the tv.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
You could just fit 100mm adapters to the existing plate? Dependent upon where they're drilled you could adjust the "position" of the tv.
I've got a couple of ideas in mind, and a VESA adapter plate on order, but I may need to source longer bolts/screws, once I know if it's M-4/M-6 or M-8 I need.

Cheers,

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Lots of comments of poor quality sound. For me I want something that will bluetooth to decent speakers - I've never hears a TV with good enough sound for me - even big expensive home TV's!

Also not bothered by the freeview/sat part as I prefer to stream.

A monitor with Amazon firestick or Chromecast would do the job I suppose if it had bluetooth sound.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Lots of comments of poor quality sound. For me I want something that will bluetooth to decent speakers - I've never hears a TV with good enough sound for me - even big expensive home TV's!

Also not bothered by the freeview/sat part as I prefer to stream.

A monitor with Amazon firestick or Chromecast would do the job I suppose if it had bluetooth sound.
I've set my Cello up to Bluetooth to a UE Boom 2 but I have the TV wired to the head unit which is how I normally use it.

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Lots of comments of poor quality sound. For me I want something that will bluetooth to decent speakers
That was one of the reasons we went for the Falcon over the Avtex, ie, Bluetooth connectivity. For the MH, the Bluetooth sound bar we opted for is good enough for us, but it wouldn't do for the house. ;)

Cheers,

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Today I set up our new Falcon Traveller 22" LED TV, for Satellite, Freeview, and HDMI.

Rita and I are chuffed to bits with both the picture and sound quality. Although the Bluetooth sound bar enhances the sound, the level, tone, and clarity from the TV's built in speakers at the base, is very good. (y)

1615845481407.png

1615845587934.png

Cheers,

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
Please consider Ferguson as manufactured in the U.K. post brexit it’s good to see if you can play your part in lifting uk economy and British jobs

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023
I have used a Cello Tv for the last four years without complaint about picture or sound! I sold it with my last van so will be buying another Cello TV tomorrow as the new van arrived yesterday!
22inch tv with satellite and terrestrial tuners and ability to “cast” picture from my tablet onto TV! All this for £170!
Hi does it have Bluetooth so I can use my beats pro headset please?

Jan 24, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Sold 😟
Exp
1990-2023

View attachment 471604

Cheers,

Would be interested to know what you think now a few months later Jock. Tks

carol

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
I bought a cheap one that failed quite quickly, just bad luck???

I went with an Avtex L249DRS-PRO.......expensive for what it is, but it’s been great and their support is probably the best I’ve ever come across anywhere.

I should have bit the bullet and got one in the first place.

It has next to no bezel round the screen so is physically hardly any bigger than the 21” it replaced.....but has more screen and one touch tuning👍🏼

ditto great tv, BUT is does need the sound bar.................

OP
OP
JockandRita

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Would be interested to know what you think now a few months later Jock. Tks

carol
Hi Carol. :)

We really like it, as do two other couples we know, one of which have purchased a second Falcon TV as a result. The sound is good enough for us not to have to use the Bluetooth sound bar, and the picture quality is excellent. Enhanced by the addition of a Firestick, it's as good as our Panasonic Smart TV at home. Very pleased with our purchase indeed.

HTH Carol.

P.S. Just seen your post above re Bluetooth Carol. My Bluetooth headset works well with the Falcon, but depending on what you are watching, there can be a slight lagging with "lip sync" especially where conversation is concerned. If listening to music, you won't notice it.

Last edited:

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
P.S. Just seen your post above re Bluetooth Carol. My Bluetooth headset works well with the Falcon, but depending on what you are watching, there can be a slight lagging with "lip sync" especially where conversation is concerned. If listening to music, you won't notice it.
Don't know the TV you've got Jock but some units that have visual \ audio bluetooth functionality have a lip-sync advance \ delay setting to overcome this problem. Might be worthwhile checking in the settings if you haven't already.

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I suspect that people’s views about 12v TV’s are like buying a MoHo there is no perfect TV but just preferences for us the Avtex is a great product a 21in pro with sound bar 👍😎

May 17, 2016
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
B524
Exp
2nd base
Are you powering your firestick via the USB on your TV JockandRita or are you only using it plugged in when on mains?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back