Where to spend Xmas and new year. (1 Viewer)

westy407

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Hi Folks
Could you please help us with some suggestions as to where we could settle down and spend xmas and new year. We're currently travelling through Spain and were thinking that we should book somewhere to stay over the festive season ?
This is a six month tour and our first trip to Portugal and Spain and maybe Morocco.
We don't mind where it is or if it's a campsite but would just be grateful if someone has any suggestions.

Thanks

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Hi Folks
Could you please help us with some suggestions as to where we could settle down and spend xmas and new year. We're currently travelling through Spain and were thinking that we should book somewhere to stay over the festive season ?
This is a six month tour and our first trip to Portugal and Spain and maybe Morocco.
We don't mind where it is or if it's a campsite but would just be grateful if someone has any suggestions.

Thanks

We spent last Xmas and new year in Almeria and loved it - what kind of thing are you after - eg, somewhere lively or quiet, near coast or inland? A little bit more info would help us to make suggestions.

OP
OP
W

westy407

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Looking for a nice site preferably by the coast with a town or village close by so we can go out and celebrate xmas and new year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Camping Mar Azul at Balerma might suit. A fairly new site with all facilities you need, across quiet road from a very long beach, walk into town where there's a few bars and reataurants, or a short drive from Almerimar for more choice of bars and restaurants. On site they host a new years eve party if that's your thing. Very flat coastal area ideal for cycling or walking.

OP
OP
W

westy407

Free Member
Nov 17, 2014
essex
Funster No
MH
Burstner aviano i727
Exp
2 years
Thanks for you help Two girls, your suggestion looks good that's just the sort of thing we were looking for. Do you think we need to book?

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Not sure. We did book last year but in arrival at the site it wasn't full and there were spaces over Xmas and new year. I probably would book if i wanted to be sure. Google the campsite, they have a website with photos and prices etc.

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
We're spending Christmas and New Year in El Puerto de Santa Maria at the campsite there. It is just across the road from a beautiful beach...and there's a ferry across the bay to Cadiz. Good cycling and within walking distance of the town. No need to book:)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Re Mar Azul at Balerma - stayed there for a couple of nights earlier in the year. Lovely site, terrible location. Very quiet and run down town with nothing to recommend it - which was a shame and prompted us to move on. Just my opinion but not a place to be in winter for sure if you want some life off the site.

Benidorm or Calpe would be better imo.

Freespirit1

Free Member
Sep 3, 2013
West Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Short while after a gap of many years.
I'm not a religious person - however with the greatest respect to others - why can't we call Christmas - "Christmas" not some X rated thing!

Am sure Jesus would appreciate us calling his birthday "Christmas" eh!

Chris - you can call me Christ if you like :)

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm not a religious person - however with the greatest respect to others - why can't we call Christmas - "Christmas" not some X rated thing!

We do call it Christmas? Perhaps some folk can't spell Christmas...lots of people have used 'Xmas' for years and years and years and years...it's easy to spell and quick to write :D2

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007

According to this guy Jesus is a myth! I guess at the end of the day it's all down to individual choice and belief.

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. ... The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ". The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We're booked at Turiscampo in the Algarve near Lagos. We were there last year and it was exactly what we wanted. For there you definitely have to book. Mags

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. ... The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ". The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.
I suspect this explanation will pass those folk who use the word 'Xmas' by:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back