LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
As per title, where do you all mount the iPhone (X) whilst driving (in case I want to use google maps) Peugeot X290 cab.
Also is it possible to use the iPad with copilot tethered to the IPhone data whilst travelling.

Ady

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
And my iPhone lives in this hole. But assume yours will be different.

EAF02BB9-F836-49CF-A739-2EFA8E41C8D1.jpeg

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I bought a cheap holder that clips into the air vent, then removed the cheap sponge clamp thing and fitted the correct brodit holder for the phone, works brilliantly and the vent keeps the phone cool when charging or the sun is on it (y)

20190427_115119.jpg

Edit: updated phone since hence insulation tape in the slot so the new one fits :)

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
And my iPhone lives in this hole. But assume yours will be different.

View attachment 299515
No you’re right I have the glovebox!!
Not see google maps down there andy :LOL::LOL:

Ah I missed the tethering reply:doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
I did have the glove box below but swapped to the cup holder/organiser doofa, don’t need more storage.

Yes, tether them. I either tether to my iPhone, of my mifi whilst driving.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
You are leaving yourself wide open with that question :LOL: I will show you in a few weeks after I educate you on the finer points of real ale drinking :D:D

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You are leaving yourself wide open with that question :LOL: I will show you in a few weeks after I educate you on the finer points of real ale drinking :D:D
I think you had better educate me BEFORE we drink the ale.....

And again the next day:D

Fontie

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 7, 2018
Milton Heights, Milton, Abingdon, UK
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL
Exp
Since 2018
Brodit, vehicle and phone specific.
Buy the dash mount for your vehicle and buy the phone mount for your model and marry together.
Nothing else compares.

I have Brodit in mine and the wife's car very secure for holding our phones, I like the fact that you can take the phone holder off and store it in the glove box leaving the mount which any crim wouldn't know what it was.

https://www.brodit.co.uk/

Not the cheapest but certainly the best IMHO

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
What is wrong with the standard holder on the x290, on top of the centre of the dash that springs up and is adjustable to hold phones & tablets.

View attachment 299529
Ah well @Lenny HB, my X290 didn’t come with one, but I have fitted one, I plan on putting my iPad there with copilot tethered from my phone (cos I naffed up and bought an iPad without GPS, cos @Howard H forgot to mention that little detail:mad:) so I just wanted a convenient holder for my phone, it’s not really necessary but convenient (y) but thanks for the heads up, I didn’t think a small iPhone would fit!!

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I thought they were standard on X290's, perhaps it's only on the Fiats.
You really don’t want to open that can of worms again!!! There’s no pattern as to whether fiats, pugs or Citroen’s have what, I think it’s just what’s in the box at the time on the Sevel assembly line.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
Auto-Sleeper PVC
Exp
Since 2014
Ah well @Lenny HB, my X290 didn’t come with one, but I have fitted one, I plan on putting my iPad there with copilot tethered from my phone (cos I naffed up and bought an iPad without GPS, cos @Howard H forgot to mention that little detail:mad:) so I just wanted a convenient holder for my phone, it’s not really necessary but convenient

My X290 didn't come with the tablet holder either, it only had the pop up clipboard :confused:

That had to go, in favour of the tablet mounted one :love:

2ED2C0BA-72CA-4627-95DF-CA901CC65E5A.jpeg

It's really handy as the music from the iPad plays through the radio and you can use the buttons on radio dash to changes tracks, etc. And the instructions from the sat nav come through the radio too.

The iPhone just stays in my pocket as I don't need it while the iPad is running sat nav (y)

Incidentally @WESTY66 the iPhone does also fit perfectly in the same tablet holder on the odd occasion I don't have the iPad with me :)

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
My X290 didn't come with the tablet holder either, it only had the pop up clipboard :confused:

That had to go, in favour of the tablet mounted one :love:

View attachment 299550

It's really handy as the music from the iPad plays through the radio and you can use the buttons on radio dash to changes tracks, etc. And the instructions from the sat nav come through the radio too.

The iPhone just stays in my pocket as I don't need it while the iPad is running sat nav (y)

Incidentally @WESTY66 the iPhone does also fit perfectly in the same tablet holder on the odd occasion I don't have the iPad with me :)
@RogerThat do you have to put a jack lead in or is it via Bluetooth? It’s raining at mo and I’m too lazy to go out and see? (But apparently I’m getting a tech lesson of @Howard H at malton:D

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
I thought that was only on the X250 with passenger air bag.
The Fiat X290 with passenger air bag it does lift - well mine does.
I was told it was cos of the passenger airbag, but it’s not true, it’s a lottery whether you have one that doesn’t lift, one that does and the other one that can hold stuff!!

OP
OP
WESTY66

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
On mine I just seem to have a note clip but no way of lifting it up vertically am I missing something?
Nope, that’s just how mine was, until I purchased the one like Lennys off flea-bay

Ebay 142416754887

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I may be wrong but if your iPad doesn't have gps, then it won't work as a satnav even if tethered to your phone. Should have bought android then no problem, I don't think you can get one without GPS.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back