Where do you wash yours?

Road Runner

Free Member
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
For the last 12 years had the luxury of having all my vehicles at home but now because of a low bridge my RV is in storage (nice spot but 40 miles away:rofl:)

Anyway they don't have washing facilities but i do have loads of space around the bus to wash it but no water.

What do you do?

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
MH
C Class Diesel RV
Exp
Since 1990
Washing RV's is hard enough as you know John, but with a bucket:eek: Maybe you should source a nice big garage forecourt and a pressure washer.

Suzy

Funster
MH
RV
Exp
I keep the RV at work in the warehouse.

When we have been away for the weekend if we get back early enough Bryan washes it with the pressure washer that we use for the trucks.

I have an account with Lymm Truckwash for the trucks and they said if I call in they will handwash it! I can't put it through the wash because of all the gear on the roof.

OP
Road Runner

Road Runner

Free Member
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Hey guys and idea.

If I fill the RV up with water do you reckon I could run the my jet wash from it's water system?

As I say i have my own corner in the yard.

Suzy

Funster
MH
RV
Exp
Depends on your pressure washer, I suspect that most of the cheaper ones will have insufficient inlet pressure from the RV water pump.

Geo

Trader - Funster
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
where do you wash yours
That is a very personal question John, I use the font of course:roflmto:
being a man of the cloth I have quite a few dirty habbits
Anyhoo yes your RV will supply enough water to your jet washer, I mounted a water tank under our recovery and a petrol jetwasher for the racing car and the gravity flow from that was suff sufish sufichia "plenty"
(weres that spell cequer Jam?)
G

Geo

Trader - Funster
MH
A class RV and Autotrail
Exp
35 +years with breaks
Sew it iss and woks just phine
moony thunks
Goe:whatthe:

K

kenj

Deleted User
The last time i washed my van was ten years ago,the last time i used it was one year ago,it look's in a very sorry state now, but do i care HELL NO.

Ken

charts0

Free Member
MH
a class rv
Exp
new
if you have outside shower take head off put hozlock conector on conect hose pipe bobs your uncle :thumb:

errpaul

Funster
MH
A Class
Exp
6 yrs
I've seen people washing theirs on site using the freshwater taps on serviced pitches.

Thought it was a bit strange the first time I saw it, but seems that quite a few people do it. Is this generally acceptable, as would certainly save water at home.....(on the dreaded meter:Angry:)

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services