Where do you mount a SatNav on an A class? (2 Viewers)

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I originally put mine in the document holder but it wobbled so found the bean bag more stable.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just a quick question is there a technique to cutting Perspex to avoid it looking like I have used my teeth instead of a saw ?
I used a hacksaw for metal then run a file down the rough edges!!😉

Do you even have your own teeth at your age??😉😂😂😂😂😂

RandallC

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 4, 2012
Devizes
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 8096
Exp
2012, prior too, 17 years Folding Camper & Caravan
I do like that. How did you bend it?

Hi, as Westy66 said heat gun.

Has to be done gently otherwise you'll blister the Perspex. Only heat enough to curve, I just clamped 1 end and gently heated top and bottom sides fairly evenly till applying downward pressure caused the Perspex to curve. Then matter of trial and error to get the right shape. Gloves are a good idea the Perspex gets very warm

If you can find something similar shape curve to the dash then perhaps use that as a former, Don't be tempted to use the actual dashboard, to Risky.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I just got one of these - I had a dashboard mount but it sat on top of one of the glove boxes rendering g it useless. This fits in the cup holder - works really well - I use an iPad - it seems solid -expands tightly into the cup holder

F097C9CE-E6C6-4206-87D0-CC5887698160.jpeg

Got it on Amazon Cup Mount Holder iKross 2-in-1 Tablet and Smartphone Adjustable Swing Cradle with Extended Cup Car Mount Holder Kit for Apple iPad iPhone Samsung Asus Tablet Smartphone and Uber Lyft Driver - Black

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Mine is "suctioned" to a disc which came with the T-T? it has a peel off sticky pad on the base, but be sure to wipe the dash with a Cleaner first, I used brake cleaner. Most dash`s have been wiped with silcone at some point and even the best "3M" won`t stick to silicone (for very long).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back