Where are all the Brits? (3 Viewers)

Mar 25, 2019
HANTS
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy a LHD
Exp
Since 2014
We're currently in Italy (Orvieto) heading to Rome today. Came down via Germany and Switzerland. Saw a few Brits around Lake Garda but apart from that, hardly any on the road or in stopovers/campsites. It was the same last year when we toured the Peloponnese.

Sep 2, 2019
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessoro T494
Exp
4 weeks!
We have been in Spain since 18/04/24. Heading down the coast from Alicante. Mostly German vans, we do see the odd British van but not many. There was loads on the Ferry to Santander so they must be about somewhere!

Jul 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E720
Exp
Since 2020 - caravanned for 30 years before that
I forgot to say, we stayed on a site near L'Escala for a few days and saw two British MHs. One the woman blanked us, barely said hello in reply. The others were a nice couple, chatted for ages and we exchanged details of sites we'd enjoyed. We've stayed on one they told us about, and vice versa. So a mixed bag.

Apr 26, 2016
South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur LVX 9
Exp
since 2000
We spent last night (& tonight) in an aire/overnight stop in Roses at the top of Costa brava - with about 60 other vans & we are the only UK vehicle here. We only saw a handful going through France last week as well.
Where are you all?
It's our first trip to Europe btw but at least the sun has finally come out now 🌞

cheers Chris
We are spending our money in good old blighty
Brits voted for Brexit
and we have never been really been welcome across since
(because they were not allowed a referendum themselves)

Apr 20, 2022
London, UK
Funster No
MH
California vw
Exp
We spent last night (& tonight) in an aire/overnight stop in Roses at the top of Costa brava - with about 60 other vans & we are the only UK vehicle here. We only saw a handful going through France last week as well.
Where are you all?
It's our first trip to Europe btw but at least the sun has finally come out now 🌞

cheers Chris
Yes we’ve been in Italy 2 weeks and have only seen one uk camper.

Nov 18, 2011
cheshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2001
Where are you all?

cheers Chris
Pandemic weary, brexit weary, confidence down, getting older, I've had the golden years of motorhoming, things so different now. I've been retired 27 years or more, now, that takes a hell of a lot of decay out of a modest pension and up and down investments, BUT, I'm still alive and kicking, enjoying wks away in this UK 🇬🇧 of ours , or it use to be, albeit, with the ccc £19 to £50 + with other sites, but I do yearn and miss so much those winters spent in the sun 🌞. Regards to all those snowbird no longer with us and I applaud those snow birds 😀 👍 that are still going there . Ronboyracer

Feb 20, 2023
Funster No
MH
Benivan
Took mine off got fed up with people asking where we were from d taking photos of our number plate. Most Spanish Police don't even know what the UK sticker is.
Got done near Badajoz when it was gb that was required. Police had a book showing accepted signs . Gb on number plate was accepted

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 29, 2016
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Laika kreos 5010
Exp
I'm a newbie
Where are you all?

cheers Chris
Probably don’t want to pay the ripoff prices to cross the channel anymore

May 12, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2017
Currently in Greece, drove through six countries to get here and seen maybe the same number of UK registered vehicles, all cars; one with caravan definitely going on holiday.

Majority of cars’ were occupied by only the driver, so presume ex - pats returning home to SE Europe for Easter holiday (Orthodox Easter)

Apr 19, 2022
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
3 Autotrail Brit vans in Alcaidesa marina this afternoon. Said hello to a few Brits in Tarifa over the weekend. They’re about!

IMG_2853.jpeg

Oct 4, 2021
Bristol, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 66-2
Exp
Since Sept ‘21.
We are spending our money in good old blighty
Brits voted for Brexit
and we have never been really been welcome across since
(because they were not allowed a referendum themselves)
Certainly not my experience.

Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
70s camper,Weinsberg
Took mine off got fed up with people asking where we were from d taking photos of our number plate. Most Spanish Police don't even know what the UK sticker is.
this ^ we only have a very small black oval one that fits near the letters on the rear of ours.

20240413_125238.jpg

Jan 31, 2022
Funster No
MH
70s camper,Weinsberg
What’s the white sticker ? I don’t have one and are in Spain
Every UK vehicle we saw had the big UK white sticker like a homing beacon saying you weren't local. Prefer to blend in myself than having everyone asking where I am from and talking about the weather.....

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Every UK vehicle we saw had the big UK white sticker like a homing beacon saying you weren't local. Prefer to blend in myself than having everyone asking where I am from and talking about the weather.....
Please share your blending in techniques....😃🥳🇪🇦

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
El tranquilo at pinoso jumilla area.
Brit owned ACSI site....we've been there for cycling ....there were a gathering of expats and UK visitors when we were there..
Pinoso town is quite quaint...😃🇪🇦😀

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back