Whats the best polish before using Colinite 476 (1 Viewer)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
As an @Charlie convert to 476 I will doing my complete wax in the new year. So if, and it has proven so for me, 476 is the best long life wax you can use what is the best polish to use to get that silky finish ready to wax?

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Michael, I tend to use either Poorboys polish (they do one for white vehicles) or Megueirs polishes work well for me. Both give excellent shine before the Collinite.
Cheers
Bernie

OP
OP
sallylillian

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Thanks Bernie, I have used Autoglym resin polish in the past but have found it quite dusty, as indeed I have their wax. Are the ones you suggest dusty too?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
Hi Michael, No dust with the 2 mentioned. I remember the Autoglym dust cloud!
Cheers
Bernie

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
The Polish you use should be tailored to the conditions of the finishes you are preparing..

I.E. if the finish is swirled or has light scratches a medium grade polish with some decent cutting ability would be required..

SRP is ultra low cut so not a polish that will correct the finish easily . It will cut but very lightly so it would take ages ..and of course more effort . Get the cut rate of the polish right to save time effort and get best results

Consider Claying the finish before doing anything!! There is a guide in the detailing section . Clay before polishing saves a lot of time and effort it really does and leaves a slick to feel finish .

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I have had a van with the semi-permanent Paintseal which stayed excellent for the 4 weeks I owned the van. Now I am committed to 'Elbow Grease', its cheap but makes my arms ache

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 6, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic A clas
Exp
Since 1990
Thanks @Charlie for your advice.

However, how do I know which polish is medium-grade or low-grade. Do you have any recommendations on medium and low grade polishes for use on a painted aluminium skin (hand applied).

Any comments by anyone would be appreciated.

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Thanks @Charlie for your advice.

However, how do I know which polish is medium-grade or low-grade. Do you have any recommendations on medium and low grade polishes for use on a painted aluminium skin (hand applied).

Any comments by anyone would be appreciated.

With your application you have to take care. Paint on aluminium can be very soft so a low cut polish would be best by far.

Without going technical which won't help I would reccomend Menzerna PO85RD..

Take a look at the link below.

Link Removed

Try on a very small area preferably out of sight. Take care go steady and results will come . You can increase the cut slightly by misting the panel with water which will get the polish to break down and get to work. Any questions just ask !

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back