What's been your funniest misunderstanding with your van? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
We've only just came home from our first longer than a weekend trip in our new van down to Gloucestershire, Somerset and Dorset. While on the Old Oaks site near Glastonbury we took the van into Wells to visit the street market and the Bishops Palace. Reading through the motorhome parking booklet which came with this months MMM magazine, we decided to use the Union St car park. There wasn't any purpose made MH spaces so we parked in a space with the vans tail end in an adjoining space.
I went to the P&D machine and read the instructions, it stated that if any of your wheels are over the line you will receive a fine, so I duly bought two tickets and placed them on the dash and jumped out and locked the van. I went to the front of the van to make sure that the tickets were visible only to discover that one had disappeared.
After much searching we came to the conclusion that it had fallen through a gap in the dash,:doh: so off I went to buy another ticket. With both tickets in place I turned to walk away and spotted a 'parking attendant' with his back to me looking all over a cars windscreen ready to give the car a 'ticket'.
I went over to him and said," Excuse me, my motorhome is parked across two spaces, but I've bought two tickets. I'm just checking that it's OK?"
He then started to point at the writing on his hat. It said in large letters, SALVATION ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I thought I was going to die either with laughing or embarrassment:whistle:
I think I made his day:LOL::LOL:

OP
OP
Wee Bold Davy
May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Well,has no one else done something really silly that they are brave enough to admit to?!!:whistle:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
AT a CMC site exercised my right to have the corner of my motorhome at the peg, reversing in as i am a member of the NMC. Opened habitation door, just, was next to the fence, glad i didn't need the awning and it kept the van nice and warm. Had a lovely big seating area at the other side of the van though.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
We parked up in a site at Devizes once and I was dying for the loo.

So I parked at the place where you fill up with water which was on a slight slope. I left the drivers seat and hurried towards the back of the van only to get this funny sensation of the van moving:eek:

My wife had stupidly failed to remind me to put the handbrake on:rolleyes:

Thankfully no damage done(y)

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
My van has a rear U lounge and has 3 sides that have full length LED strip lights.
Great for when you need it bright but looks like Blackpool illuminations with about 8mtrs of lights...

After 4 years someone mentioned a dimmer switch and the fact you just hold your finger on the button and they go down and up again.. :doh::doh::doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
My van has a rear U lounge and has 3 sides that have full length LED strip lights.
Great for when you need it bright but looks like Blackpool illuminations with about 8mtrs of lights...

After 4 years someone mentioned a dimmer switch and the fact you just hold your finger on the button and they go down and up again.. :doh::doh::doh:

We had ours 5 years without realising that:whistle:

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
We've only just came home from our first longer than a weekend trip in our new van down to Gloucestershire, Somerset and Dorset. While on the Old Oaks site near Glastonbury we took the van into Wells to visit the street market and the Bishops Palace. Reading through the motorhome parking booklet which came with this months MMM magazine, we decided to use the Union St car park. There wasn't any purpose made MH spaces so we parked in a space with the vans tail end in an adjoining space.
I went to the P&D machine and read the instructions, it stated that if any of your wheels are over the line you will receive a fine, so I duly bought two tickets and placed them on the dash and jumped out and locked the van. I went to the front of the van to make sure that the tickets were visible only to discover that one had disappeared.
After much searching we came to the conclusion that it had fallen through a gap in the dash,:doh: so off I went to buy another ticket. With both tickets in place I turned to walk away and spotted a 'parking attendant' with his back to me looking all over a cars windscreen ready to give the car a 'ticket'.
I went over to him and said," Excuse me, my motorhome is parked across two spaces, but I've bought two tickets. I'm just checking that it's OK?"
He then started to point at the writing on his hat. It said in large letters, SALVATION ARMY!!!!!!!!!!!:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
I thought I was going to die either with laughing or embarrassment:whistle:
I think I made his day:LOL::LOL:

Hallelujah! :D2

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Many years ago I actually stayed at a CC site. Warden reminded me about parking with regard to the peg. Had a check, no sign of a peg. Found it when I moved off, it was under my back wheel.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back