Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
Whilst checking out the wiring in my MH, in the passengers footwell by the fuse box i found a small back box with the word TOAD written on it and a multitude of wires protruding from it. Any one enlighten me as to what it is? All wiring from it looks much newer than original vehicle wiring so guess it's an after market thing.

DSCF5392.jpg

OP
OP
T

treeman

Free Member
Nov 22, 2011
poole
Funster No
MH
'86 Classical Designs
Exp
relative newbie
Thanks guys, done a bit of searching on Toad alarms and this looks like a TOAD A101 or A606 alarm. I've spotted some sensors on the A-frame pillars so I will go in search of the rest of the kit.
When I bought he MH there was no mention of an alarm or any remote key fobs and as the MH is a 26 year old Renault Master I never thought too much about security.
When I repaired the door lock mechanism last week I did see a number of multicolored cables running to the latch area but they were all terminated and taped up - as if rather than fix a problem the owner might have disabled an alarm - I did wonder what they were for, not much electrics in an '86 Renault van door normally!
My experiences with after-market alarms are not good - they often seem unreliable and often get disconnected because of unreliability.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back