What3words... (1 Viewer)

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Anyone else using it? It’s actually far more useful than I originally anticipated it to be. Meeting a mate for dinner the other evening in London, explain to another friend exactly where I was fishing etc etc ...

Current location is
///panicking.pastime.situation
and yes having a Growler fitted in the morning!!

Attachments

• 4F029C64-18DE-4189-A53B-CEE9899A4CD0.jpeg
    4F029C64-18DE-4189-A53B-CEE9899A4CD0.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 55
Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
Some people were rescued in the highlands using the app to help locate them

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShaKen

Free Member
Apr 26, 2019
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
C Class Low Profile
Exp
A few years
Anyone else using it? It’s actually far more useful than I originally anticipated it to be. Meeting a mate for dinner the other evening in London, explain to another friend exactly where I was fishing etc etc ...

Current location is
///panicking.pastime.situation
and yes having a Growler fitted in the morning!!

OMG - you’ve started the heated debate again between those who “get it” and those who like pipes, tweed jackets and the way it “used to be” ?

ps. I like one of those things but I won’t tell which one!

///handy.tops.remain

Last edited:

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
OMG - you’ve started the heated debate again between those who “get it” and those who like pipes, tweed jackets and the way it “used to be” ?

ps. I like one of those things but I won’t tell which one!

///handy.tops.remain
Pipes.tweed.javket appears to be near Tok in Alaska

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The entrance to our property could be one of two squares, the first is
///marriage.bystander.eventful. Those three words take on another meaning when you look at the second square :D

///nuptials.watching.included. :rofl:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Hi, for info you can now do it straight from the latest update of the “what 3 words” app.

If your camera/phone has location turned on, the app will even assign the code automatically. (y)
I can probably work out how to do that from my mobile phone but with my bridge camera which has location on it, how would that work out or would i need to do it after i have uploaded my photos ?

(PS I regularly use what3words to direct to police and ambulance but fire engines seem to know the way)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I can probably work out how to do that from my mobile phone but with my bridge camera which has location on it, how would that work out or would i need to do it after i have uploaded my photos ?

(PS I regularly use what3words to direct to police and ambulance but fire engines seem to know the way)
Fire engines know the way because topography was a large part of probation. We had to know every street, every risk and every water main in our station area and were tested on it regularly.
I rode as an observer on ambulances quite a few times. The crew were useless at topography. I had to direct them to incidents many times. I don’t know how the ambulance or police would get to jobs without sat nav.
Maybe it’s because (you will only get this if you were in the blue light services) there is only one emergency service???

Deleted User

I download photo from camera to pad/phone then start up the app, the new menu has an “import photo” button, the rest is straight forward, you can size and place the code on the pic and save.

As Jim says many photo processing software programs have a w3w “widget”

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Fire engines know the way because topography was a large part of probation. We had to know every street, every risk and every water main in our station area and were tested on it regularly.
I rode as an observer on ambulances quite a few times. The crew were useless at topography. I had to direct them to incidents many times. I don’t know how the ambulance or police would get to jobs without sat nav.
Maybe it’s because (you will only get this if you were in the blue light services) there is only one emergency service???
What would that be, a London Black Cab.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
He loves life, travel, tractors and converting ambulances. One of the world's nicer blokes. Had the pleasure of meeting him last year when he stopped at our place (y)
Without being too sycophantic, I think chaser is a great genuine bloke a bit of a sheep in wolfs clothing. But never met him.:hugs:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Summary below...

It's just another coordinate system that you are free to use or not
chaser doesn't like it :D

That's about it :D
:unsure:
Why bring me in to it? I am deliberately keeping out of it , to let you folks who like it to congratulate one another.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
:unsure:
Why bring me in to it? I am deliberately keeping out of it , to let you folks who like it to congratulate one another.
I have no idea what it is or what it does chaser. What was it that you disliked about it.?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back