What you should know about me! (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I also hate the smell of Red Bull

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I was once as a 7 year old presented with a trophy for having the most Nobbly Knees, It was a slight cheat as I had a plastic knee cap, but the Vicar said I won. I was then presented a trophy by none other than a wonderful man called Terrry Scott of Terry and June fame. What a nice bloke, he sat me on his knee for photos, gave me a big hug and told me how nice I was.....

nowadays he would be locked up, how sad.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
On the pavement outside a butchers shop in Woodstock Oxfordshire I was a few months old and asleep in my pram while my mum was inside. My mum came out to find Eamonn Andrews leaning over the pram admiring me. He told my Mum I was the prettiest little girl he'd ever seen :blush:

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
On the pavement outside a butchers shop in Woodstock Oxfordshire I was a few months old and asleep in my pram while my mum was inside. My mum came out to find Eamonn Andrews leaning over the pram admiring me. He told my Mum I was the prettiest little girl he'd ever seen :Blush:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I attended the Boy Scout Jamboree in 1957 held at Sutton Coldfields near Birmingham, I remember it was being televised and the presenter was Pete Murray the disc jockey, he was using the flatbed of a lorry as a stage and whilst the camera's were rolling he was all goodness and light and had loads of us kids on the stage with him. I was absolutely gobsmacked when the camera's shut down and he started to shout at us little fu..ers and told us to get off his f*/"ing stage!! at 13 it was one of the first lessons I learnt about the reality of life.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am pretty sure that I kissed my fiancee (who was living in Woodstock) in the shade of the same Monkey Puzzle tree that Jim was conceived under...:Eeek:

JJ :Cool:

Are you sure it was just a kiss?

You aren't , you know, related to Jim or anything:Eeek:

lugnutt

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2007
wednesbury.westmidlands
Funster No
MH
autotrail apache
Exp
10 years
I once bought petrol for under £1 a Litre

my first trip to the petrol station was with my lambretta it cost 3 shillings and 6 pence per gallon and a old penney for a shot of two stroke oil , a good shake of the scooter an ya was off,but i worked all week for £7 pounds old scale

dave

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
None
In the past 42 years I've only been to the cinema once... that was in 1992 at Lakeside Essex, to see The Unforgiven..

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
When Kevin Keegan left Southampton I purchased his series III V12 e-type Jaguar, it still had "KEV 1N" on the bonnet when I sold it a month later, if only we'd had e-bay or "piston heads" in those days I'd have made a fortune.................:Doh:

I used to serve Kevin Keegan when he used to play pinball in our Doncaster arcade, many years later he performed the opening ceremony for our families premises in Berwick on Tweed

(We paid him far more than he ever spent with us, ISTR he donated the fee to a Sunderland footballer who was having a testimonial)

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I once bought petrol for under £1 a Litre

When I was an apprentice I used to work on the pumps after hours to supplement my measly wages, petrol was 5 bob a gallon which included tax of 2s/6d:RollEyes:

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Woodstock and two tramps

What a grand little place I stayed in a pub with a workmate 35 years ago whilst working around this area, it was so funny as the two of us were black from head to foot as we had been working in various barns/grain stores all day this was about six p.m. and we asked for a room for the night the pub which was called the duke of blenheim I think ,was crammed with tourists mostly yanks went quiet when they heard our strong Liverpool accents but we got a room:thumb:happy days::bigsmile: Lovely part of the world

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I once sued, won and received an official apology from the West Midlands police, after they arrested and beat me for several hours after ejecting me from Mollinuex for allegedly shouting at a football match.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I once had a day in Crown court V Hampshire police after they arrested me, beat me, and charged me with affray. In court, I carried out my own defence and won and received damages.
My crime was dishing out some of my own punishment against 2 bullies beating up 14 year old boys (saints fans). Sadly the police only saw me dishing out the punishment and nicked me and subjected me to the usual anti football fan beating.
In court the Judge gave them a severe reprimand and suggested in future they get there facts right before bringing a citizen the UK and football world should be proud of in front of him. :RollEyes::Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
In the 1980s I was only the second football supporter to fall foul of the new law which banned supporters from attending football matches for a year. My crime? Yes indeed, my crime was throwing a toilet role on the pitch. :RollEyes: I was 16 years old, arrested, beaten, (now common practice for those following football) charged, driven 35 miles from home and dumped at midnight to find my own way home. On getting out the van there was a customary blow to the balls with a truncheon. Proper, Gene Hunt policing..... Never done me no harm :roflmto::RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
-----------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^----------------

I Like the Police :Smile:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I was done for urinating in public on a night out when I was a trainee solicitor:Blush:

Had to declare it to the Law Society (amid howls of laughter from them).

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
I once was fined £3-00 for being drunk on a pushbike, come out of a cielegh in Glendaruel, tried to get on my bike and fell off the other side, the police killing themselves laughing, barst#~ds still done me.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
:Smile:When I was 11 a dog jumped up and bit me on the leg after chasing me on my pushbike and I still hate riding past dogs to this day .... err.. like ten years later...:RollEyes:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
in 1968 my Irish dance band/dancers represented Great Britain and Eire in the international youth festival.

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
In 1968 I tried out for the 1972 Olympic squad for Gymnastics. I missed out by about a dozen places mostly going to Royal Marines and Navy.:cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back