What pushes you to the edge? (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We love our MH and have had some amazing trips, but there are a few triggers that make us - momentarily! - feel like just selling up and never wanting to see it again. With age and experience ::bigsmile: we are getting better at coping now (haha) but these are the things that set us off:
  • When Eric the satnav decides to take us up some really narrow one way street in a busy town (and we've set it for a 4 axle, 10 ton truck when we are really we are only 3.5T twin axle!). Also when he doesn't know where he's going and suddenly recalculates, or takes you somewhere and then says do a u-turn. Eric and I have a very love-hate relationship...
  • When the fridge starts playing up on gas, especially when its 30+ degrees outside, the freezer is full and you are going out for the day and don't know what you will come back to
  • Roundabouts. Why spoil a nice straight bit of road?
So what about you?

JFD

Apr 9, 2015
Crawley Down, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Aventura G730
Exp
since 2014!
Re: The fridge playing up on gas. We had this problem a year or so ago whilst touring in Italy, and managed to fix it temporarily by removing the grills on the fridge vents. That seemed to allow the fridge to work in 36 degree heat!
Longer term, a pair of computer fans installed in the upper vent, as explained in several posts in these forums, will give you a switched/automatic resolution!!

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
The thing that gets me is when you get a call from home about something serious that you can do nothing about.

The other thing is when one of you is ill and far away from home.

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7
What pushes you to the edge?
1) People who pronounce the word 'project' as 'pro' 'ject'. You project projectiles; you work on projects.
2) Hybrid car drivers who creep up behind you in silence while you're walking down the road with the dogs and then get snarky because you didn't get out of their way. Like that French twat who lives down the road.
3) Aires / sites that don't make it clear if the khazi is 'sin' or 'con' papel. Especially ones that are with paper, but the paper is in oneof those special dispensers and, just when it's all over apart from the shouting, you discover the end is jammed and you can't get anymore paper out. Thank you, Malaga Beach, you owe me...

dipsie

Free Member
Jan 29, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
A/Trail V Line 635
Exp
26 years
We replaced our standard fit Fiat radio/rev camera/sat as it was a bit slow when relying on the sat nag for directions. It would tell us to turn as you actually passed a junction or 100 mtrs past and then suggest turn around or take the next turn obviously to get back on track, we tried that a couple of times and stupid thing wanted to go down a farm track that possibly was too narrow or rough to contemplate.
We replaced it with a Pioneer set up, we could enter size, height and weight. This set up has worked well and was worth the cost.

BernieT

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
The pillocks who pull out from a side road as you approach,then dawdle along at 40mph holding you up for the next 20 miles.

Motorhomers that have paid £50k plus for their van but use it only twice a year. The same people who drive 20 miles to buy diesel 1p a litre cheaper than round the corner.

People who type “your”,when it should be “you’re”.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Balls being bounced on the site road and hitting my van or whist in France my breakfast table, I don’t speak Dutch but they got the message.
There were plenty of grass pitches and a play area
The reply?. Involving "Anglo Saxon" Epithets?. (y) :rofl:

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
No I was actually very polite according to the wife no blue words, I think the older French couple and their young grandkids opposite who were a joy to watch playing quietly, were pleased too.
We noticed their annoyance, the universal body language shows no boundaries, the Dutch left the next day.

Last edited:

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Administration when trying to re-register a MH in another country.

Or in my case "All Administration, Almost anywhere else". and Especially the overwhelming number of "suits" verses the lack of front line staff in the NHS!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back