What pushes you to the edge? (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Roundabouts are to help you get your bearings.
Hi.
" And when i was younger....... :rolleyes:" A chance to get a second look at a petty girl OR. Going around Crown Island Matlock a couple of times, to get up enough speed to get up. Matlock Bank loaded .If there was two of you,it caused a temporary "Grid Lock":hi5:. (Misspent youth ??? )
Tea Bag

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
Poor Design, that creates work or problems for the user, which could have been completely eliminated if the designer had thought about (or sometimes indeed even used) the item when decreeing how it should be made.

Intolerance, when it makes no difference at all to the lives of the intolerant.

Inconsiderate or impolite behaviour though lack of awareness or care for people around, or an elevated opinion of the importance one’s own comfort relative to theirs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Re: The fridge playing up on gas. We had this problem a year or so ago whilst touring in Italy, and managed to fix it temporarily by removing the grills on the fridge vents. That seemed to allow the fridge to work in 36 degree heat!
Longer term, a pair of computer fans installed in the upper vent, as explained in several posts in these forums, will give you a switched/automatic resolution!!
Wait!! What? Do you mean the actual grills to leave a hole or the cold weather grill covers? I assume the former desperate measure :)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Excessive noise after midnight.

People who refuse to listen to my dietary requirements, think it is a fad, and then get upset when I am ill.

When I give directions which are ignored and we end up in a town centre rather than going round the ring road :) lol

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
People who are able to travel the world (but mainly Europe) in their motorhomes and moan about their satnav, roundabout, fridge, middle lane hoggers, traffic jams, loud music, now smashing your rear light on two occasions and at £250 a pop cos your so relaxed you don’t pay more attention, now that’s another matter all together! ;)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Poor Design, that creates work or problems for the user, which could have been completely eliminated if the designer had thought about (or sometimes indeed even used) the item when decreeing how it should be made.

Inconsiderate or impolite behaviour though lack of awareness or care for people around, or an elevated opinion of the importance one’s own comfort relative to theirs.

You can come and park any time next to my van. I will feel relax! Gosh .... do I hate inconsiderate/impolite behaviour! It makes me become rude !

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
The stupid iriot who tried to do a 3 point turn from a solid traffic jam in the other direction without looking in my direction. I like try to predict the adverse movements of others but this time there was no way I could. It was the first "crash" stop I've had to do in a 3.5 ton van, but managed to stop about 2 metres away. Internal doors and cupboards flew open, stuff flying around. And this (very athletic) guy went crazy, his arms flayling about, face contorted in anger, obscene gestures etc. He had a child in the back! He then completed the turn with spinning steering and drive wheel smoking, and shot off, rude gestures out the window. Yes, it was a black modified BMW, wide tyres and lowered suspension. And my (jaws) dash cam had failed to capture it!!

I feel better for that vent!!!

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017

That’ll be me then!!! No,not the design...I’m a beautifully crafted adonis:LOL::LOL:;).
But certainly intolerant of things that don’t matter that much. And of course an elevated opinion generally!!! As you can tell,maybe. ;):LOL::Grin:

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
A stein in the sealing that keeps coming through the paint fore cotes and its still bleeding through the emulsion paint :crying:
bill
Bill,I’ve had the same problem. Paint it with PVA several times,worked for me. But also a good idea to find the source of the problem. Dead squirrel in the roof??!:giggle:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Bill,I’ve had the same problem. Paint it with PVA several times,worked for me. But also a good idea to find the source of the problem. Dead squirrel in the roof??!:giggle:
The source of the problem was a leaking bathroom pipe it a drown water mark just painted it with PVA will see how that works i had thought of it
no squirrels round her i have shot them all :wink:

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
A stein in the sealing that keeps coming through the paint fore cotes and its still bleeding through the emulsion paint :crying:
bill

Can't help you with that Bill just great to see you posting again.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Drivers who honk their horns, and not knowing if it's me or the other several car users to whom they're tooting at.
I also dislike constant kicking of football's in my space.

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
The Very old-mo TypeFellaPerson. There are days, weeks, months, years even where he really rattles my cage. :emo:

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Wildbill

paint It with oil based gloss paint (stuff that needs white spirit to clean brushes), then just emulsion over it.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The stupid iriot who tried to do a 3 point turn from a solid traffic jam in the other direction without looking in my direction. I like try to predict the adverse movements of others but this time there was no way I could. It was the first "crash" stop I've had to do in a 3.5 ton van, but managed to stop about 2 metres away. Internal doors and cupboards flew open, stuff flying around. And this (very athletic) guy went crazy, his arms flayling about, face contorted in anger, obscene gestures etc. He had a child in the back! He then completed the turn with spinning steering and drive wheel smoking, and shot off, rude gestures out the window. Yes, it was a black modified BMW, wide tyres and lowered suspension. And my (jaws) dash cam had failed to capture it!!

I feel better for that vent!!!
Some years back here a bloke 3 in front of me did that without looking & the couple on the motorbike went right through him. The Guardia directing traffic from the football match weren't happy to say the least.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We were on a site in Devon last year. Day one, a couple a few pitches away were playing loud music. We put up with it and hoped the next day would be quieter. Anyway, come the afternoon and the loud music went on again. My husband went over and very politely asked the lady if they would turn it down as it was disturbing us. She turned it down but a minute later her husband bellowed at her to turn it back up, which she did.

He then proceeded to come over to our pitch and rant at us for daring to ask him to turn his music down. He was deeply unpleasant and quite threatening.

What would you have done?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back