What motorcycle/scooter do you carry in your garage (1 Viewer)

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Screenshot_20190729-083241.jpg

On a hook for front wheel rear wheels run on road

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Can you say how tall it is without the mirrors please soppy?

Sep 23, 2020
Yapton, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic 4.8
Exp
Since 2017
it will be a Burstner Lyseo 728g in garage when it turns up

Hi, the C-Line is a lovely van you will enjoy it when the freedom returns. However you are likely to need it up plating to 4800 / 2700kg rear axle weight. My mate had one and couldn't get a SH125 scooter + his and hers E- mountain bikes in the garage without blowing the 2500kg rear axle limit. He needed new alloys, 121 rated tyres and rear air suspension. If you haven't finalised the deal yet you may be able to squeeze the dealer for the heavier rated wheels. Please make sure the dealer weighs it before delivery either way, Carthago (like others) are optimistic on what the options weigh! At 2700kg rear axle you should be fine unless all options are at the rear 😁
Thanks for your thoughts, we ordered at the beginning of last September and build is in a week or so, confirmed at the weekend. So our time for change is past.
It is a semi integrated not A class., so overall weight is less.
Having said that I fully understand your comments re rear axle weight. The fresh water tank alone is 170 litres right over the rear axle.. Was hoping that carrying say 50l while in transit would help the rear axle weight with bike in the garage.
I enquired re full air on the rear but that option was removed from the semi integrated for this year. Available in the A class only.
My plan is to fit Dunlop semi air in the future.
On your advice I think we shall wait till the MH arrives fill it and weigh it. Then see what weight We have spare.
Your comments alarmed me some what as I hoped there would be more than enough at 4.5t.. Without additional expense..
Plus all of the 2020 model Duke 390s are fast disappearing.. 😞.
Still excited that the MH will arrive very soon and on time, having heard the current news with supplies and delays of new units recently..

OP
OP
soppy
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
Very nice 😊. Did you buy your Duke new or Second hand.? Is your MH going to be on time.?
Bought a 2020 model registered on a 21 plate saved £1k over a 21 model which is just different colours and euro5 neither bother me. MH is at least 4 weeks behind schedule at minute :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2020
Yapton, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic 4.8
Exp
Since 2017
Bought a 2020 model registered on a 21 plate saved £1k over a 21 model which is just different colours and euro5 neither bother me. MH is at least 4 weeks behind schedule at minute :(
My thoughts exactly re the bike, your braver than me, you know you have enough weight to carry it.?
I didn't want to buy till I knew, after the comments in the thread.
I did go and look at the Duke last October, bu the other half was not with me, so could not try it with both of us there.
As my reply said our MH is on time at the moment, 4 weeks is not too bad all things considered for you, when did you order.?
Sure we will both be more than happy when the time arrives..
Just a whole lot poorer.. 😀 😀

OP
OP
soppy
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
My thoughts exactly re the bike, your braver than me, you know you have enough weight to carry it.?
I didn't want to buy till I knew, after the comments in the thread.
I did go and look at the Duke last October, bu the other half was not with me, so could not try it with both of us there.
As my reply said our MH is on time at the moment, 4 weeks is not too bad all things considered for you, when did you order.?
Sure we will both be more than happy when the time arrives..
Just a whole lot poorer.. 😀 😀
No not really I assume i will have, at end of the day its handy to run about at home and I can always sell it, won't lose that much, to be honest it wasn't much more than my e bike and didn't think twice about buying that. We ordered it back in October.
Did you order on Fiat or Mercedes chassis?do you know what weight your garage will carry?

OP
OP
soppy
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in
Excellent choice. Now get a tail tidy on it ASAP and lose that big long fugly one! (y)
:ROFLMAO: I have done it already, evotech one, pricey but excellent quality

Sep 10, 2017
North Brum
Funster No
MH
A Class
Thanks for your thoughts, we ordered at the beginning of last September and build is in a week or so, confirmed at the weekend. So our time for change is past.
It is a semi integrated not A class., so overall weight is less.
Having said that I fully understand your comments re rear axle weight. The fresh water tank alone is 170 litres right over the rear axle.. Was hoping that carrying say 50l while in transit would help the rear axle weight with bike in the garage.
I enquired re full air on the rear but that option was removed from the semi integrated for this year. Available in the A class only.
My plan is to fit Dunlop semi air in the future.
On your advice I think we shall wait till the MH arrives fill it and weigh it. Then see what weight We have spare.
Your comments alarmed me some what as I hoped there would be more than enough at 4.5t.. Without additional expense..
Plus all of the 2020 model Duke 390s are fast disappearing.. 😞.
Still excited that the MH will arrive very soon and on time, having heard the current news with supplies and delays of new units recently..
Sorry, wasn't trying to be the grim reaper, just making people aware of how heavy the vans can be. My mate in Germany has a T model C-line and he can legally carry his Yam XSR in the back which is considerably heavier than the 390. He has to watch his water level but he is legal at 4500 gross. He has rear air and self levelling jacks which take a chunk of payload. Some of us travel heavy, others lighter. I would have the rear air regardless as it makes it handle better IMHO and helps out on those pesky French speed bumps and ferry ramps. Enjoy the new van and please let us know how you end up. Good luck.

Sep 23, 2020
Yapton, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic 4.8
Exp
Since 2017
No not really I assume i will have, at end of the day its handy to run about at home and I can always sell it, won't lose that much, to be honest it wasn't much more than my e bike and didn't think twice about buying that. We ordered it back in October.
Did you order on Fiat or Mercedes chassis?do you know what weight your garage will carry?
I nearly did the same and just bought it, they hold their money well.. Problem is I have too many bikes already.. 😀. None of which suitable for the MH. The Cbr600f 4i is the closest but too big really for the MH.
We have E haibikes like you say not much cheaper than the Duke.

The Semi integrated c line is only available on the Fiat chassis. Which was my choice anyway, Merc was only on the C tourer. A bit strange. Personally I think the Merc looks ugly, just IMHO, some say the fiat is ugly.. Plus the Merc is plenty £s extra too. 😀.
I hope the new MH is all that we hoped for, we have had a 2004 chausson welcome 55 for 4 years, so we are really stepping up so to speak. Having said that our current one has done all that we hoped and more, a real joy, just dealing with 17 year old entry level chausson. Has been really reliable and a great drive. 😀

Sep 23, 2020
Yapton, West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic 4.8
Exp
Since 2017
Sorry, wasn't trying to be the grim reaper, just making people aware of how heavy the vans can be. My mate in Germany has a T model C-line and he can legally carry his Yam XSR in the back which is considerably heavier than the 390. He has to watch his water level but he is legal at 4500 gross. He has rear air and self levelling jacks which take a chunk of payload. Some of us travel heavy, others lighter. I would have the rear air regardless as it makes it handle better IMHO and helps out on those pesky French speed bumps and ferry ramps. Enjoy the new van and please let us know how you end up. Good luck.
Always prepared to listen and take advice, So your not the grim reaper.
I did add up all the options in weight with the solar I plan to add 400kg..!!!.
Your friend gives me hope and hydraulic levellers are heavy.
I will definitely fit semi air as the best compromise.
Thanks for your thoughts, help and advice.

OP
OP
soppy
Aug 15, 2019
N Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
2 years in

Attachments

• 7A9B857E-1AEE-4F9C-AAB7-2B87B8D80654.jpeg
    7A9B857E-1AEE-4F9C-AAB7-2B87B8D80654.jpeg
    198.2 KB · Views: 20
Oct 15, 2011
Not Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic eline
Exp
Since 2011
Nearly the same, mines neater underneath but at 3 times the price wants to be, I couldn’t wait wanted it next day so happy to pay
Yes you are right almost same, I just didn't use the shaped plate. ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back