What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I find this helps to keep other campers kids quiet..

Link Removed

They are only noisy the once..:thumb:

Aah....... from the Genghis Khan school of child discipline, I see. You could combine discipline of Wayne and Waynetta with a spot of target practice. Very efficient:thumb:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Pardon my asking - you guys don't use your on board shower then? I suppose using a shower block saves gas, but ......

depends on the condition of the shower....most of the time I use my own and dont usually bother with the sites, particularly if Johnny Foreigner insists I have to purchase 'shower tokens' to get hot water. Mind you that does not suprise me considering the mess a lot of their energy supplies are in - begin rant :Doh:.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
And abroad, you're out on site and unexpectedly need to visit Mr T Crapper. It winds me up when the site doesn't provide paper!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Yapping or whining dogs and oblivious owners , sat reading , why don't they stop them barking.
Noisy whiny mourngie little kids , why don't the parents stop/ see to them.
Deaf biddies watching tv at full blast windows open , so you can't hear yours on an evening , why don't they get a hearing aid.
Faggers sat out side puffing away and all the smoke blowing in through our windows .
Dogs dumping and it being left and cocking legs up on our wheels or zip store.
Generators being fired up as soon as someone turns up on site ?? For hours on end.
Football , rounders , cricket , frizbees, anywhere near the motorhome.
Only getting a couple of quid knocked of for not having ehu .
That's all I can think of for now:ROFLMAO:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I also object to toilet access keys/codes, am I not to be trusted?

I agree with that::bigsmile:

You are bursting with beers on board, you can imagine that you are about to feel much better then you have to ponder whether it was 07DRX or DRX07.

Whenever I have come across this , only campers use the loos so I can't really see the point.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Thanks so much for starting this thread Cap'n. I've had a thoroughly entertaining afternoon sat in the garden enjoying the sun but I'm beginning to wonder why we go to sites?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.

You are bursting with beers on board, you can imagine that you are about to feel much better then you have to ponder whether it was 07DRX or DRX07.

Whenever I have come across this , only campers use the loos so I can't really see the point.

I think it's to stop the little shits, sorry kids , paying in there and messing them up.
Though the parents of said children give them the codes and let them go in unaccompanied anyway. I've seen them write it on their arm in the past:Doh:
Something I'm always amazed at. Anything could happen to them in there.

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
snip ......... but I'm beginning to wonder why we go to sites?

I agree and avoid them like the plague if I can!

Even my own kids and grandkids annoy me if they are making noise that is likely to disturb the neighbours when we are on site - which is seldom thank heavens!

Yappy dogs - don't start me off on that one!:Angry:
If I can keep mine quiet, pick up after her, why the heck can't others!

Spottycatz

Free Member
Feb 17, 2013
Racodorm
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low Profile
Exp
Still making mistakes! But they're not as costly.
Following our recent trip away to give our German/Italian hybrid MH it's maiden trip, I can say I dislike,
the people who told me to turn my music down, :Sad:
the folk who got annoyed 'cause my vehicle alarm went off several times during the night :whistle:
those miserable buggers who didn't like the rattle of the dice in the Yahtzee cup at midnight, :censored:2
and all those who gave me dirty looks the morning after my karaoke night. :party2:

Why are people so miserable.........

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Jeeze Chris, you need help, high heels to prevent her boobs dragging on the floor, forget a Brazillian, think more Amazon Rain Forest, She sat on one of those folding three legged stools, that dissapeared and even the hardy Cave Rescue Team turned that job down.

Imagine[HI] Hillda Ogden crossed with Rangi a[/HI]nd then multiplied by crossing the offspring with a deranged uran utang, dressed up as a trannie at a Law Society function then you may be close..

Still float your boat?

She were a Bronzed God then:thumb:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Motorhome Snobs! It's a love-hate relationship.

I don't care if your vehicle is new, or 30 years old - we are all enjoying the same thing on different budgets. It does what you want, how cares?

What I hate is when people look down their nose at others......as many of you know I used to hire motorhomes. I had a couple of people ask when we were away 'Do you think you will buy one when you are able to?' another was ' Hiring is a good idea for those that are too young to afford their own' and also the [HI]'I have the larger model, of course they do come at a premium price you know, not everyone can afford that level of vehicle'[/HI]

What I loved, was bringing them down with a bang! 'I own the hire company, we have a few of various classes though I like to keep around the 20 foot margin as they are easier for inexperienced people to handle. I don't want thier holiday ruined because of an accident claim at the end of it. We have taken this one this week to test it out and make sure everything is working fine'

Then you leave them stammering a way out of it.:thumb:

The answer to that is surely..

"Yes!, but I own mine outright!":thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I agree with a lot that has been said, ie:---campers going across our pitch, even when we have mentioned it they don`t like us saying so, they have made our dogs bark and we do try to keep them quiet, with idiots like that what can you do,:cry: also kids playing ball ect. round units, I have four of my own, grown up now and they behaved with respect on sites as do their own children now, a lot of parents are too idle or couldn`t care less what their children are up to, I cannot abide unruly children or dogs.:Angry: Also I always use our own shower whether it is in our caravan or my motor Home, OH isn`t really into MH`s , so It is mainly for me and my dog. We never go away when the kids are off school.

A very interesting thread.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Thanks so much for starting this thread Cap'n. I've had a thoroughly entertaining afternoon sat in the garden enjoying the sun but I'm beginning to wonder why we go to sites?

Because you might stay at a lovely one like we did at Hayfield. It was absolutely beautiful, close to the village, with lovely, clean facilities, and you could order the paper. Daily that is, not toilet (they supplied that). ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Ivy

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Yapping or whining dogs and oblivious owners , sat reading , why don't they stop them barking.
Noisy whiny mourngie little kids , why don't the parents stop/ see to them.
Deaf biddies watching tv at full blast windows open , so you can't hear yours on an evening , why don't they get a hearing aid.
Faggers sat out side puffing away and all the smoke blowing in through our windows .
Dogs dumping and it being left and cocking legs up on our wheels or zip store.
Generators being fired up as soon as someone turns up on site ?? For hours on end.
Football , rounders , cricket , frizbees, anywhere near the motorhome.
Only getting a couple of quid knocked of for not having ehu .
That's all I can think of for now:ROFLMAO:

I bet Ralph wrote this response. It's sounds like a real grumpy old git. My Bev would never say that. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ivy

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I HATE EVERYONE!!!!

Especially if you are called;

Humfridus Hawkeye
Absolom Beaglehole

AND

Philadelphia Bunnyface:Angry:

SO THERE!:thumb:

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I suspect that is an end to this thread!! :ROFLMAO:

Ivy
Have you seen the amount of lookers on here!, this is going to run, I`m still looking at shiftzz rantings :ROFLMAO:
,Broken Link Removed

I have some good (whinge) stories later

Looks like even if we have some real hassel on a site ---it is still a laugh afterwards !:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living

and dont forget when your bustin for a dumX and you forgot your glass's cant see the blooXX numbers:Eeek:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Only at Le Crotoy France did we have an annoying thing "occur" out of the 8 weeks we were away

As those of you that have visited the aire here it is just a huge sandy car park , we had 2 or 3 families with very spirited young boys on bicycles and the circuit started easily around 11 am and was still continuing after 7 or 8 pm , needless the parents had no prob , they must have cycled miles but thankfully only one of the crew decided to keep short cutting through our spot to beat the others (4 or 5 of them ) , once he nearly hit the front of the van on his sharp cornering

Second time he came so close whilst I was painting my nails outside, he brushed my chair which then made me spill the nail varnish everywhere...drat (yes Claire still trying lolol)

If he went one van up he had all the room that he wanted grrr

So boyz not cycling thru ones pitch is my vote :thumb::thumb:

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
Three tier charges

I just love this bit. We will be a first class motorhome at last. Sadly only because we have a French motor.... It's a renault traffic. 1985. Machzone body. It's old. Smart. And takes us all round Europe. Even has an oven. Now I think it's o k to be a snob if you have an oven??????? Is it ok with you burns tear types if we wave to you. No one else will. Thank you but nesters . Froghopper:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
people who come onto our site merely to turn around because they missed a turning:Angry:, they get quite upset when I ask for their address so I can come and turn around in their garden.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Brightspark

Free Member
Dec 27, 2010
Ashbourne, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
June 2010
Customers who ask 'oh are the toilets closed'? when there's a big yellow board outside that says CLOSED CLEANING IN PROGRESS, a notice on the door that says CLOSED PLEASE USE THE OTHER BLOCK & the door is locked. How plain can we make it!!!

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
I just love this bit. We will be a first class motorhome at last. Sadly only because we have a French motor.... It's a renault traffic. 1985. Machzone body. It's old. Smart. And takes us all round Europe. Even has an oven. Now I think it's o k to be a snob if you have an oven??????? Is it ok with you burns tear types if we wave to you. No one else will. Thank you but nesters . Froghopper:Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

When we had the G Reg Pilote, A class, all the Street Creed Folks would turn away when we parked up. BUT we had a drop down bed, we had a shower, we had a loo you could sit on without your head, knees pressed against a wall, our size 18 arses would fit, we had an efficient INSTANT hot water system, a 2 burner hob, (Who needs a bloody OVEN:Doh:) a separate dinette, we even had ceramic tiles around the Hob/ Sink, We had what they had, ours was in solid wood, theirs chipboard , OUR OLD GIRL WITH 100,000MLS UNDER THE BELTwas just run in, BUT, THE OLD GIRL DIDN'T HAVE POWER STEERING, so we changed her:Sad:

It's just street creed , snob value with some folks, still rue the day we got rid:Doh:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Since getting our Chausson with its nigh-on bullet proof polyester sides, we have the most fun watching other caravan amd MH owners getting stressed about kids playing with balls!::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back