What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (1 Viewer)

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
When it`s nice and quiet and Mr Gadget pulls in next door, trying to tune in his portable satellite with a f****g beep box that goes on for ages :cry:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Nooooo. Not just any gas BBQ, a Cadac BBQ. They are the most brilliant BBQ ever in my opinion obviously. I cannot cook on charcoal at all, everything turns out like they have been cremated. I have cooked a huge variety of meals on mine and would recommend them highly. I am on my second as unfortunately the first one, with the single leg, had a blow back and destroyed itself!!!! Replaced by the seller immediately and we upgraded to the safari chef with 3 legs. Wouldn't be without it. :roflmto:

And if anyone is really bored they can wash my motorhome :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
You should have added a liberal supply of Ex-lax to the mix:winky:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: we should have done. I don't think I have ever met such bold children. We ended up hiding the boat under the van and giving a dire warning that the big dog didn't like children so don't go too close, this seemed to do the trick as the went back to wherever they had come from.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
my pet hate is showers on site whilst i realise that hot water is exspensive to produce and some form of rationing is needed a low flow head or a push button valve is fine but both?at a recent site they had the showers set for 8 second between pushes and you needed to run around to get wet but the push taps on the basin were like opening the sluices on the suez canal and stayed on for a week
ive bloody paid for my share of hot water in the site fees so i think they should deliver what they promise

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
my pet hate is showers on site whilst i realise that hot water is exspensive to produce and some form of rationing is needed a low flow head or a push button valve is fine but both?at a recent site they had the showers set for 8 second between pushes and you needed to run around to get wet but the push taps on the basin were like opening the sluices on the suez canal and stayed on for a week
ive bloody paid for my share of hot water in the site fees so i think they should deliver what they promise

I'll second that. Also showers which require a token or coin to get any or hot water. The last couple of sites we stayed on had this, we did get the tokens free but you have to shower at superspeed otherwise the water stops leaving you caked in suds or with only cold, wooaah!!

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Is there a problem with Burstner owners?. I would have thought liberal VW owners were more likely to come in for some stick, I mean they may not even be married or even own an XR3i!!!! All joking aside I read a brilliant thread years ago about waving at other motorhomes and there was that bit about VW owners, it was hysterical. I wish I had kept it. It was in MMM I think. :ROFLMAO:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Let’s see, besides women flashing their Amazon Rainforest, people in Lycra, disappearing three legged stools, Burstner and fans of Burstner Motorhomes, who in reality are just Hymer wannabees,next you will see all German Motorhome Owners growing small moustaches, greasy hair and leather underpants, yep I hate them too, all should be banned, making way for noble French Motohomes to have prime locations.

Talking of Prime locations, one thing that does really pi$$ me off, even more than Australians drinking xxxx and pretending to be nothing more than escaped convicts, is. Fees. How can they charge for a bleeding awning, south facing pitches etc. Oh I see, they are either related to Tree Hugging Button fetish German Burstner Onwers.

What wrong with a flat fee, one for Rapido Owners, fresh flowers 12A free EHU, nice views, the rest can be segregated just like the Old British Rail System,.
1st class, Rapido and other French Vans,
2nd Class- Tuggers and Anything British,
3rd class (cattle) Anything that has a remote connection, no matter how vague to Germany, Hitler Youth and those who drink real Ale. You know the types, cardigan, slippers, home grown shag tobacco, self built solar electric guitar. Herb tea and biscuits made with oregano and sage.

Yes, that what I dislike, well nearly everything. Kids, rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers ,Methodists and Long distance lorry drivers from Walsall or Hull.

Besides that I am fairly open minded and Liberal

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
This is not a poll but a chance to share your grumpiness:Angry:

The question is "what irritates you when you are camping?"

At the surefire risk of offending some.... my biggest bug is campervan sliding doors. I am sure you know the sound I mean........ that early morning/late night.....

Whooooooooooosh....... (you know what's coming)...... CLUNK..... as the sliding door gets flung open or closed.:Doh:

Oh no, now you've alienated the many, many FUNsters who can't afford a proper Motorhome.

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
Yes, that what I dislike, well nearly everything. Kids, rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers ,Methodists and Long distance lorry drivers from Walsall or Hull.

Really enjoyed that list, very funny sir! ::bigsmile:

Reminds me of a quote from the movie Do the Right Thing but I don't think I will post that up here as it is potentially rather offensive. In the context in the movie it is very well done and funny.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
? whats a hornswogg????

shXx forgot how to spell it

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Now I remember why I dislike campsites :RollEyes:.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Pet hates well they dont just apply to camp sites but here goes

1. People who dont answer when I say good morning

2. Dog owners who dont clear up the dog poo

3. Kids playing ball or flying kites on a pitch when the games area is just a few steps away (only because we dont want our motorhome damaged)

4. Walking through the middle of someone else's pitch

5. Drivers/bikers who just cannot drive slowly at 5 or 10mph or whatever the site speed limit is around the site who are therefore putting kids lives at risk. We all know how kids run across roads on sites.

6. Young people who sit happily watching elderly people when obviously struggling and trying to erect awnings without offering to help

7. The motorhome v caravan so I wont talk to you syndrome

8. Parents who fail to supervise young children especially in swimming pools. The number of times I have seen youngsters in tears over something with no parent near and over the last few years the increasing number of times lifeguards have had to intervene and rescue a child in trouble out of their depth. This is very sad to me.

Seems all of these derive from lack of care and lack of respect for others. Do people not have time to care or respect these days?

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
? whats a hornswogg????

shXx forgot how to spell it

American English has a rich array of verbs to refer to swindling someone, like bamboozle, hoodwink, and humbug. Hornswoggle is one that's particularly fun to say. According to one story, the word comes from the way that a lassoed cow would move its head back and forth to try to break free. But most dictionaries simply say its origin is unknown, so let's just thank the anonymous 19th-century American wit who came up with this ridiculous word.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Let’s see, besides women flashing their Amazon Rainforest, people in Lycra, disappearing three legged stools, Burstner and fans of Burstner Motorhomes, who in reality are just Hymer wannabees,next you will see all German Motorhome Owners growing small moustaches, greasy hair and leather underpants, yep I hate them too, all should be banned, making way for noble French Motohomes to have prime locations.

Talking of Prime locations, one thing that does really pi$$ me off, even more than Australians drinking xxxx and pretending to be nothing more than escaped convicts, is. Fees. How can they charge for a bleeding awning, south facing pitches etc. Oh I see, they are either related to Tree Hugging Button fetish German Burstner Onwers.

What wrong with a flat fee, one for Rapido Owners, fresh flowers 12A free EHU, nice views, the rest can be segregated just like the Old British Rail System,.
1st class, Rapido and other French Vans,
2nd Class- Tuggers and Anything British,
3rd class (cattle) Anything that has a remote connection, no matter how vague to Germany, Hitler Youth and those who drink real Ale. You know the types, cardigan, slippers, home grown shag tobacco, self built solar electric guitar. Herb tea and biscuits made with oregano and sage.

No sign of the welsh in there, could it be the Methodist buggerers I wonder.:Blush:

Last edited:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
American English has a rich array of verbs to refer to swindling someone, like bamboozle, hoodwink, and humbug. Hornswoggle is one that's particularly fun to say. According to one story, the word comes from the way that a lassoed cow would move its head back and forth to try to break free. But most dictionaries simply say its origin is unknown, so let's just thank the anonymous 19th-century American wit who came up with this ridiculous word.

ok all togeather now "thank you anonymous American wit"

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Having a pitch within hearing distance of the Kids' Club PA system.

French sites popular with Brits which take on the appearance and culture of English suburbs, complete with privet hedges and wandering packs of strident Brit Brats.

Any campsite with a significant contingent of people who aren't really camping (COU**Eurocamp**GH!).

The Dutch - because they have really good tents, great manners and can speak English far better than the English :Smile:

Neighbours who visibly cringe when you pull up in a classic VW camper because they're scared the rust might somehow spread across the privet hedge onto their Ford Jellymould.

Neighbours who sneer at you turning up in a MH because you've obviously had one since birth and have never ever spent any time under 'canvas' (ie breathable rip-stop nylon) like they are.

Christian groups who get their bloody guitars out at sunset and start warbling to Jesus. In fact anybody who gets a bloody guitar out on a campsite, ESPECIALLY if 'Streets of London' is part of their repertoire. I mean let's face it, how many of them have actually seen an old man in a closed down market or would be prepared to walk you round the streets of London where such people live? B*llocks to them all.

Small wonder I prefer aires these days.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
No sign of the welsh in there, could be the Methodist buggerers I suppose.:Blush:

As I keep saying Buttons, you are from Watford the home of the Camp queen him/herself. Elton Hercules John, that well known rugby player from Hull Kingston Rovers, purveyor of and supporter of Watford Town FC. More camp than,
51jLrM5Qb%2BL.jpg

See they are even Camp in the Army..:ROFLMAO:

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Wow, think just about all my pet hates on caravan sites have been covered - but in the recent hot weather would like to add:

Public exposure of flabby white/orange/lobster red flesh that should never ever see the light of day. :wub:

In the summer holidays I avoid club sites like the plague. Am parked up for 3 weeks in an 'unofficial' field surrounded by trees and hedges - and with Red Kites flying overhead. :Smile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wow, think just about all my pet hates on caravan sites have been covered - but in the recent hot weather would like to add:

Public exposure of flabby white/orange/lobster red flesh that should never ever see the light of day. :wub:

In the summer holidays I avoid club sites like the plague. Am parked up for 3 weeks in an 'unofficial' field surrounded by trees and hedges - and with Red Kites flying overhead. :Smile:

Awww Maz I apologise in advance and in retrospect. I always get out my miserable white flabby bits so they can turn orange or lobster red. Unfortunately I wasnt graced with a size 8 figure

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back