What is your most annoying "on site" thing? (2 Viewers)

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
What annoys me is campers who swill their toilet cassettes out using the drinking water tap. Naughty Naughty. Also dog owners who don't clear their dog muck up.

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Let’s see, besides women flashing their Amazon Rainforest, people in Lycra, disappearing three legged stools, Burstner and fans of Burstner Motorhomes, who in reality are just Hymer wannabees,next you will see all German Motorhome Owners growing small moustaches, greasy hair and leather underpants, yep I hate them too, all should be banned, making way for noble French Motohomes to have prime locations.

Talking of Prime locations, one thing that does really pi$$ me off, even more than Australians drinking xxxx and pretending to be nothing more than escaped convicts, is. Fees. How can they charge for a bleeding awning, south facing pitches etc. Oh I see, they are either related to Tree Hugging Button fetish German Burstner Onwers.

What wrong with a flat fee, one for Rapido Owners, fresh flowers 12A free EHU, nice views, the rest can be segregated just like the Old British Rail System,.
1st class, Rapido and other French Vans,
2nd Class- Tuggers and Anything British,
3rd class (cattle) Anything that has a remote connection, no matter how vague to Germany, Hitler Youth and those who drink real Ale. You know the types, cardigan, slippers, home grown shag tobacco, self built solar electric guitar. Herb tea and biscuits made with oregano and sage.

Yes, that what I dislike, well nearly everything. Kids, rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers ,Methodists and Long distance lorry drivers from Walsall or Hull.

Besides that I am fairly open minded and Liberal

It is worth tuning in to MHF just see a good and proper whinge.:thumb:

Shift really does a good one, am in tears reading this.:cry:

One day I`ll be parked next to him on site, sit down next to him and moan at everyone, that drives in :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just thought of a dislike on a camp site....caravans the book for the season and dominate all the best beach side pitches. I'm thinking of one site in particular. :Angry:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Why oh why do we always get pitched next to Mr & Mrs Deaf with their telly sound set at distortion level??

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Thanks everyone....after spending a couple of unproductive days re-organizing after my Mac laptop keeled over, this thread has cheered me up :Smile:

For the record:
1) Parents who join in with their kids throwing Frisbees near my 'van. I thought age was supposed to bring wisdom with it...

2) Kids who run around my van because, I guess
a) it's so small that I clearly don't need the rest of the pitch, or
b) they've mistaken it for a big Tonka truck and think the pitch is the play area :shout:

3) People who blank me when I say hello, particularly if they're in the process of walking through my pitch.

At the surefire risk of offending some.... my biggest bug is campervan sliding doors. I am sure you know the sound I mean........ that early morning/late night.....

Whooooooooooosh....... (you know what's coming)...... CLUNK..... as the sliding door gets flung open or closed.:Doh:

:whistle:opp5:sorry2:

(Malvern marshals....any chance of a PVC section? :Blush:)

Thought this was FUNSTERS site. Could have fooled me reading these posts.::bigsmile:::bigsmile: BUSBY. Live and let live.

I've always wondered whether people who say this are still of that opinion several seconds after the football/Frisbee/child has damaged their motorhome... :winky:

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
It is worth tuning in to MHF just see a good and proper whinge.:thumb:

Shift really does a good one, am in tears reading this.:cry:

One day I`ll be parked next to him on site, sit down next to him and moan at everyone, that drives in :ROFLMAO:

Prepare to Cry...

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

enjoy..

Last edited:

Melchior

Free Member
Jun 26, 2013
Amstelveen, Netherlands
Funster No
MH
Alcove
Exp
Since August 2012
What annoys me is campers who swill their toilet cassettes out using the drinking water tap. Naughty Naughty. Also dog owners who don't clear their dog muck up.

Disgusting.

I've an anecdote about toilet emptying. On the way back from Le Mans this year we (me in motorhome, 4 friends travelling in two cars) stopped at an autoroute aire for a quick toilet break.

As I walked towards the toilet block, I couldn't help notice lots of water on the floor. It was running away from a caravan which was towed by a car with GB plates. As I got closer I realised that this gentleman had emptied his grey water tank onto the car park floor. Not good form but I didn't think too much of it and continued towards the toilets.

The urinals were outside (not uncommon) and it was clear from quite a few paces back that I wasn't going to use them. They were full of blue/brown liquid. I look towards caravan man and there he is pushing the toilet cassette back into the side of the van.

"Errr... excuse me mate... did you empty your caravan toilet into these urinals?!!" says I.
"Yeah I did, so what?" - immediately I know I've got a moron on my hands.
"That's a bit unnecessary don't you think?!" I said, afterwards realising what I should have said.
"It's ok, it's mostly water anyway".
I walked off at that point, red mist was arriving and there's no point arguing with an idiot.

I was aghast and wanted to get this chap better acquainted with what he had blocked 3 urinals with. He really did not seem to care or understand how disgusting what he'd done was. WHY not use the toilets inside? HOW can he say it's just water when it has clearly blocked the drain?! Just thinking about it again now makes me want to throw up.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Oh yes....

Ban 1_man_and_his_dob(lo), he takes up too much space, the only bloke to bring his own 24kv gennie and drum kit. Avoid at all cost, he is an undercover agent for the Hell Angels (Bridgend and district) group.

He is a very dangerous bloke,

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Campers hate us sometimes--

We park up with x2 small kids --

They put on the reflective compulsory vests and armed with water pistols , they hold up a hand to slow down passing site cars.:thumb:

Most stop and put up their hands laughing, some scowl and drive faster--they get shot:ROFLMAO:

It`s nice to have the speed limit kept to when I`m on site.

Attachments

• IMAG0424.jpg
    IMAG0424.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 95
Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
Prepare to Cry...

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

enjoy..

Just had a quick scan through bits-- I can see I am in for treat later when I can sit down and read through properly.
I thought I was good at typing a moan but I`m just a lightweight.::bigsmile:
Beer later and a good laugh:thumb:

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Prepare to Cry...

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

enjoy..

hey I didnt pay my tenner to get repeats, I can watch the bbc for that:ROFLMAO:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Prepare to Cry...

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

enjoy..
Quote: "Jim introduced me to a mild-mannered, middle-aged gentleman, who had a reverse mohican and when he placed his hat back upon his 'solar power panel for a sex machine' it became obvious who he was - it was Hilldweller with his Better Half. What a jovial gentleman, full of the joys of spring! I made the fatal mistake of mentioning that I thought he may well be a miserable old git… at which he was mortified! Seriously, it was nice meeting you Brian. Even though you ARE a grumpy old git."

Often wondered, but now I feel a closeness with Hilldweller, perhaps he could tell us in his own words, what is a reverse mohican?

Attachments

• funny_picture_stupid_hair_cut.jpg
    funny_picture_stupid_hair_cut.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

misskiwi

Free Member
Apr 4, 2013
Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
Conversion
Exp
Ball games

Ball games,Hate them on a site and in a pool, we went to look at a site near to us in Portugal and right in the middle was a fenced in basket ball court, football area and there kids were kicking the ball against this wall all afternoon. This would be my night mare.

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
People who shower, then walk off and leave their dirty suds and water for the next person to stand in, rather than use the mops/squeegees that are normally provided.
I always wear flip flops in the shower to avoid infections, but it still annoys me :Angry:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Being surrounded by negative notices: 'do not do this...' - 'it is forbiddden...' - guests must not...'

I was on one site where I felt as though I had entered a wholly negative universe. Depressing, and very English. Can't say I've noticed the same sign-fixation abroad.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
After seeing this... The er wife is now on strike!! :Doh:

make him grovel :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Oh I forgot one important one

People who cant empty their toilet cassettes in the correct place and insist on taking it into the toilet block instead

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Definitely agree with the shower post...absolutely disgusting when people leave them in s**t order.
Showers are the one time that Crocs can be considered cool :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Pardon my asking - you guys don't use your on board shower then? I suppose using a shower block saves gas, but ......

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Anyone who buys their kids those bloody stupid tennis racquets that sound like drums.

Anyone who tries to organise family team games of cricket, rounders, football etc, and that goes especially for the beach.

The family of a small Italian boy apparently called Phillipo Nontocare, who were pitched just over the hedge from us on a site in the Camargue, mercifully for only one night. As Mum and Dad struggled to get all the gear set out on arrival, Phillipo was obviously into everything, judging from his dad repeating "Phillipo! Non Tocare!" (Don't touch) every ten seconds. Eventually, after about half an hour there was the sound of a loud slap, a small child howling for a few minutes, then silence. Happy holidays eh?

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
The use of on board showers is a hotly debated discussion. I personally don't because if I have paid for the facilities then I will make use of them. They are often bigger than in my motorhome and more powerful. I do object to dirty users who don't know what the mop is for.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I put up with most trivial annoyances on sites, as life is too short to be mr angry

however i do take exception to feral gangs of children running around the various units, including ours and screaming or hitting balls off the vans. the same feral creatures come running up to stroke the dogs and mob them without asking

dirty campers who mess up the facilities including showers or dispose of their toilet waste unhygenically are just unworthy of being allowed on nice sites. because of this we use the block straight after the cleaner has left where possible and do the daily chores in the evening/at night. they dirty campers dont annoy me, they disgust me. god knows how they live at home, the mind boggles

pitch invaders that squeeze between my trailer and van (had one guy trip over the ehu once doing this) or walk under the canopy to save walking so far to the facilities do pee me off though as its just downright rude. keeping 3 dogs on longish leads deters most though (the dogs cant wander beyond our pitch though and are only outside whilst we are). I just dont understand the ignorance of some people

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
Pardon my asking - you guys don't use your on board shower then? I suppose using a shower block saves gas, but ......

The onboard shower is used quite often in our MH, but mainly on places we stay that don't have them (some steam rallies, some CS sites etc), but if the site we are staying on has them and they are ok we will use them. It also saves the onboard water supply when you use site showers :thumb:.
Before you ask, our toilet gets used properly as well. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back