Free Member
Oct 17, 2021
Barry Island, Barry, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducaro ci 2004
Exp
C class
Hi just starting out on here . I have just got a 2004 fiat Ducato the underneath looks really clean I’m looking at under sealing it but unsure what to use as there are so may opinions ie waxoyl 10 year roof seal seem to be quite possative ? . Please can anyone shed some light on This thanks.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Waxoyl along with others are good. Just be aware if you have a lot of plastic underneath then some of these reacr with some plastics.
I apply it with a brush rather than spray as far as possible to try to avoid excess over the plastic pipework etc that may be underneath.

OP
OP
wibbstar

wibbstar

Free Member
Oct 17, 2021
Barry Island, Barry, UK
Funster No
MH
fiat ducaro ci 2004
Exp
C class
Thanks just I heard that waxoyl can hold in if the underneath isn’t completely dry . I wouldn’t do it if I thought it was still wet of course 👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Thanks just I heard that waxoyl can hold in if the underneath isn’t completely dry . I wouldn’t do it if I thought it was still wet of course 👍
Correct it will flake off an old vehicle after about 2 years with more rot underneath. Dinitrol is the same and that's from personal experience with both. They maybe OK if you sandblast underneath to bare metal first.

I've use lithium grease for years with great results, it never sets just goes dirty with the consistency of cheese 🧀😊

Longest has been 12 years on my mum's vauxhall nova where there was bare metal under the bonnet, but our scooter rack is now nearly 7 years old and the grease is still there underneath and no signs of any rust. 👌

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
How about ACF-50 applied with a HVLP spray gun.

Apr 3, 2019
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Travel Van
Exp
Few years now
You'll need a mortgage for that stuff. Used it on my bike and it's only like engine oil.. Really expensive engine oil 🙄
A little goes a long way though. Ill be doing mine again with ACF 50 in the next few weeks.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Correct it will flake off an old vehicle after about 2 years with more rot underneath. Dinitrol is the same and that's from personal experience with both. They maybe OK if you sandblast underneath to bare metal first.

I've use lithium grease for years with great results, it never sets just goes dirty with the consistency of cheese 🧀😊

Longest has been 12 years on my mum's vauxhall nova where there was bare metal under the bonnet, but our scooter rack is now nearly 7 years old and the grease is still there underneath and no signs of any rust. 👌

Yes same recommendation here.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
You'll need a mortgage for that stuff. Used it on my bike and it's only like engine oil.. Really expensive engine oil 🙄
I buy it in the one litre bottle, £25 I coat all 6 of motor bikes every winter in it using a HVLP spray gun, I reckon I use less than 200ml to do the lot. so it works out very cheap.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back