Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
Whilst sitting outside with this strange big ball of yellow floating in an equally strange blue sky, I was thinking that hopefully my new PVC would turn up before 2025, but what have I ordered.....

Ok, I know what a Panel Van Conversion is šŸ˜€ but between Campervans and Motorhomes, where does a PVC sit?

Is it a Motorhome or is It a campervan; does having a toilet make it a Motorhome; but it isnā€™t coachbuilt so is it a campervan? But what about those little campervan these days that have a toilet in a cupboard?

I must admit, when talking about the new PVC, I always refer to it as ā€œthe campervanā€, but am I guilty of breaching the trade description act ?

Hmmm

Phil

Deleted User
AFAIK....... A Panel Van Conversion sits where it needs, after all any mobile home is a compromise somewhere šŸŒ

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
According to Adria they are campervans :

Upvote 0
Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Call it what ever you want, I have a fiat van with beds and a loo and toilet I call it Van the nearest it has to a name and its a camper to me.
I really like those little vans with unit kitchen and storage units that you can take out when not required, and a front seat the converts into a bed. Ideal for one person, no problems with narrow roads and parking. And really liked our first van, a 9 seater Bongo that we converted into a camper. There are so many ways you can have MotorhomeFun.

1622565225127.png

Upvote 0

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
I really like those little vans with unit kitchen and storage units that you can take out when not required, and a front seat the converts into a bed. Ideal for one person, no problems with narrow roads and parking. And really liked our first van, a 9 seater Bongo that we converted into a camper. There are so many ways you can have MotorhomeFun.

View attachment 502484
I'd call that happy looks like fun , crocs let you down though :rofl:

Upvote 0

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
A campervan is a van you can camp in, a pvc is a small motorhome, if it has heating, a toilet and a shower it's not camping šŸ˜„šŸ˜„
But it is rather civilised; and warm & comfy. I did my 28 days character building Outward Bound Course number 307 St Vincent Watch at Aberdovey in February 1971. The character that was built has fallen into disrepair because of inadequate maintenance which I blame on reading a dictionary and finding the definition of Bohemian ...

Steve

Upvote 0
Mar 18, 2021
Brixham the English riviera
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Funny, the things that go through your mind when perched upon the throne.
How high does a hill get before it's a mountain?
What "Year" did people say it was before christ was born? Was there a "during Christ" period before becoming A.D?

Upvote 0

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
As has been mentioned, call it what you like - camper; campervan; motor-caravan; or motorhome: maybe even RV? :unsure:

We normally refer to our PVC as 'the camper' or the 'campervan' ;) :giggle:

You'll be able to concentrate on other things when the new van arrives... :cool:

Enjoy! (y)

Upvote 0

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
To us, she is Brunhilde, pure and simple, and owned by the two of us; simple, but not so pure ... :oops:

Steve & Elaine

Upvote 0
OP
OP
P

Phil89a

Free Member
Apr 22, 2021
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 600 SPB
Exp
As has been mentioned, call it what you like - camper; campervan; motor-caravan; or motorhome: maybe even RV? :unsure:

We normally refer to our PVC as 'the camper' or the 'campervan' ;) :giggle:

You'll be able to concentrate on other things when the new van arrives... :cool:

Enjoy! (y)
Must admit I was thinking of a name for the PVC the other day (more random thinking šŸ˜„) and settled on ā€œthe Vanā€ šŸ˜€

So Motorhome or Camper, it is going to be ā€œthe Vanā€ šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
Funny, the things that go through your mind when perched upon the throne.
How high does a hill get before it's a mountain?
What "Year" did people say it was before christ was born? Was there a "during Christ" period before becoming A.D?
This dating system was devised in 525 by Dionysius Exiguus of Scythia Minor, but was not widely used until the 9th century

Upvote 0

Hoovie

Free Member
May 16, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
All "Motor Caravans", but I would generally call a PVC a Campervan and one with a body that is plonked on a chassis cab generally a Motorhome.
I'd say a very common difference between the two is the presence of a permanent shower room. Without that, I don't think a vehicle could be regarded as a motor home and is more of a motorised tent that you camp in.

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
In 2018 when we had our Pilote MoHo my father (now 84) would say "Andrew, are you taking Nicky away in the motorhome this weekend?". Yes I would reply.

We then bought the PVC and my father would say "are you taking Nicky away in the campervan this weekend".

Me: "No dad, it's a motorhome, not a camper".

Dad: "Ah, OK, motorhome".

Two weeks later and for every fecking month thereafter for the next two years he would say "are you going away in the campervan?".

......to which I now reply "yes Dad, we're off in the camper.

.....so it's a camper, not a motorhome.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back