What happened to this Euramobil? (1 Viewer)

Goose

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Does anyone know why Euramobil dropped the space-age-looking Euramobil Terrestra integrated (A Class) line? The one that looks like this:

Link Removed

The 2009 lineup features Euramobil's flagship Integra but the Terrestra is gone? Were there problems? Was it because it competed with the Integra?

Anyone know? Am quite keen on it.

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
With those looks its no wonder its gone. How ugly is that? And sitting about 7 feet from the front screen can't be pleasant, it would almost feel like sitting in the middle of the vehicle.

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Looks good (from the outside).
Sorry I can't help with any info.
Why are advertisers so stupid? Some interior shots would help convince people that :-
It was a nice van,
and
it was theirs to sell and not just something photographed in a car park.

Then again maybe the answer is that the layout is rubbish!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Does anyone know why Euramobil dropped the space-age-looking Euramobil Terrestra integrated (A Class) line? The one that looks like this:

Link Removed

The 2009 lineup features Euramobil's flagship Integra but the Terrestra is gone? Were there problems? Was it because it competed with the Integra?

Hi I was looking in these motorhomes about a week ago at a motorhome show/expo over here in France...................Quite weered in the driving seat it seemed miles from the steering wheel to the front window....I did not like it at all
Mel
Just look at your photo and you can see what I mean about the distance, the steering wheel is at the side of the door.
one thing you could use the dash for a double bed!!!???

Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
With those looks its no wonder its gone. How ugly is that? And sitting about 7 feet from the front screen can't be pleasant, it would almost feel like sitting in the middle of the vehicle.

I second that.. ugly as sin ... poor use of floor space and with a gold fish bowl windscreen can you imagine how hot it would be driving into the sun or the cost of replacing it ..:thumbdown:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi, they had them at Dusseldorf Show...........:RollEyes:........... They also had a BIG DISCOUNT on them. :winky:::bigsmile: I don't like them.:whatthe: And they may not make any more once they have got shot of the ones they have. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
here are some links
I have the 2010 booklet in front of me

Link Removed

Link Removed

Link Removed

hope they help you Mel

THE INTEGRA is far better

Last edited:

The Wallace

Free Member
Apr 3, 2009
Funster No
Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!
I feel that vans with overcab protrusions should be banned on grounds of taste for poor styling and excessive fuel consumption.
Sitting well back from the screen is safer and is shaded from most sun - it is an area wasted in most vans of any shape since the distance from bumper to driver is about the same - it is just that in some vans it is outside the windscreen.
But, hey, it would never do if we all liked the same shapes! What would happen to slim women?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I quite like the bulgy front, though unfortunately the rest of the body looks quite conventional so the trendy front looks a bit 'stuck on'. The windscreen would be very expensive to replace:Sad:

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
We have the Integra and have looked at the Terrestra, and they are chalk n cheese

the Terrestra looks n feels Narrower than the Integra, tthe matterials feel inferior, and the looks seem odd to say the least in real life,

The headlights look to low, it looks like a van with mudgaurds, looks unstable

Guess someone must like them as they will have sold a few, but then again Fiat sold some Multipla's, don't know how

OP
OP
Goose

Goose

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Interesting replies. As The Wallace said, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I think it looks so fresh and revolutionary. But presumably, as others have hinted, it just didn't sell.

ScotJimland, here's another link to one with interior shots - fairly standard - rear twin beds, central kitchen and bathroom with front lounge.

Link Removed

I also think The Wallace has a point in saying that there is little difference between sitting far from the windscreen in this model versus a more traditional with a "wasted section" on the other side of the windscreen outside the vehicle (??)

Strange thing is, Melvin, if you look at Euramobil's latest brochure (by clicking on the link you provided), you'll notice that the front cover shows this same space-aged Euromobile Terrestra A-Class but there is no reference to it inside the brohure. Instead there's only the Terrestra alcove and semi-integrated models.

Why have a lead picture of a discontinued model on your latest brochure?

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

Link Removed

Anyone know? Am quite keen on it.

That's a tasty beast. Reminds me of some sea mammal.

OP
OP
Goose

Goose

Free Member
Aug 11, 2009
Somewhere in Europe
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, Melvin. The 2010 brochure you provided the link for doesn't lead with the Terrestra. Must have been the 2009 brochure I was looking at.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Blimey it seems you are right they have dropped it from website.... A smashing van and I love the look of them. very aerodynamic for an A class, all A class have expensive windscreens/headlights and you sit quite far back. my dealer in Belgium had a fair few in stock last summer when I was there for habitation service on my Profila. they are more ordinary inside with similar layouts to other vans...a real shame

S

stagman

Deleted User
[

Hi, such a huge looking van from the outside , and on the inside looks a bit crammed . Kitchen is tiny , small fridge and as usuall with foreign van's no oven . Oh and I agree with most comments it looks ugly , and I would be frightened of the resale value. But then again if you like it there could be a bargain out there:thumb:

Sep 27, 2007
dundee
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since early 70s
Oaktree Motorhomes have taken over the agency for Euro-Mobil and are showing some of these models on their website.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back