What do we need to be able to watch Sky TV (4 Viewers)

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sorry chaps but this all seems an incredible amount of unnecessary faffing around. Why on earth would you want Sky in the motorhome - you are on holiday! Go and do holiday things; you can watch Sky at home!!!!

Can't believe you are going to all this trouble for a **** hairdryer. Just leave the perishing thing at home and enjoy being on holiday!

There seems to be trend here:LOL:

I have a luxurious modern motorhome, in which we, sometimes park in Aires and motorway service stations, sometimes CL's, sometimes small sites and sometimes we pay eye watering amounts for luxury sites.

Some times we play cards, sometimes, we play board games, sometimes, we play Backgammon, sometimes we entertain, sometimes we drink and get pissed, sometimes, we fancy laying on the settees and watch a film or a series.

Choice! To us, having the choice to do what we want, is why we love our motorhome. Last weekend we stayed in a shit hotel in Cowes, and it reinforced this belief.

Why wouldn't I want Sky+ in my motorhome if I have it at home? Why would I want to compromise? I don't have too so wouldn't dream of it.

Next you'll be saying that I should use the surround sound in the camper:LOL:

Oh, and as for inverters, both the large wall mounted TV's in the camper are 220 VAC as is the Sky+ box, Surround sound system, so we use the inverter

At home, we shower a couple of times a day, and again at home my wife uses her hairdryer, again, I don't see that just because we are away in the camper that we should 'have' to compromise. So a mirror of her hairdryer in her dressing room, lives in the camper, and runs happily from the large pure sine wave inverter, in fact it doesn't miss a beat when Lyn turns the hairdryer on, allowing me to continue sitting on a sofa, drinking my percolated coffee, watching the morning news, just like I do at home

Like is too short to make compromises you don't need to

Last edited:

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Sport can be kept up with on the radio and whatever happened to the art of conversation, a board game or two, doing crossword puzzles or a game of cards, or even parleying with the natives?!
;) It died out with our parents?

Couldn't resist that:D it is Motorhome FUN after all

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
At Nicks request we have spoken to ALDEN about this, and they have requested that we supply them with a Sky Q box with an active subscription

Not that practical so we declined

The other problem is reworking the roof top unit to facilitate the additional cables. The ALDEN AS4 has a lifetime warranty and knowing the French I guarantee that they would be pissy about us rewiring the system

I suspect that the answer will remain no for Sky Q

Just been having a read of some forums and it appears that it should be to possible to pair a Sky Q card with a Sky+ box after all. It should then automatically pair back the Sky Q box afterwards.

It didn't seem to work when I tried it before but that was probably me doing something wrong.

I think I need to have another look at doing it this way because if it does work then that's the simplest solution, my old HD box can live in the MH permanently.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
There seems to be trend here:LOL:

I have a luxurious modern motorhome, in which we, sometimes park in Aires and motorway service stations, sometimes CL's, sometimes small sites and sometimes we pay eye watering amounts for luxury sites.

Some times we play cards, sometimes, we play board games, sometimes, we play Backgammon, sometimes we entertain, sometimes we drink and get pissed, sometimes, we fancy laying on the settees and watch a film or a series.

Choice! To us, having the choice to do what we want, is why we love our motorhome. Last weekend we stayed in a shit hotel in Cowes, and it reinforced this belief.

Why wouldn't I want Sky+ in my motorhome if I have it at home? Why would I want to compromise? I don't have too so wouldn't dream of it.

Next you'll be saying that I should use the surround sound in the camper:LOL:

Oh, and as for inverters, both the large wall mounted TV's in the camper are 220 VAC as is the Sky+ box, Surround sound system, so we use the inverter

At home, we shower a couple of times a day, and again at home my wife uses her hairdryer, again, I don't see that just because we are away in the camper that we should 'have' to compromise. So a mirror of her hairdryer in her dressing room, lives in the camper, and runs happily from the large pure sine wave inverter, in fact it doesn't miss a beat when Lyn turns the hairdryer on, allowing me to continue sitting on a sofa, drinking my percolated coffee, watching the morning news, just like I do at home

Like is too short to make compromises you don't need to

I think my wife shares the " no compromises " rule.

Which is why it takes me an hour to unload the :swear2: van after trips

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Sorry chaps but this all seems an incredible amount of unnecessary faffing around. Why on earth would you want Sky in the motorhome - you are on holiday! Go and do holiday things; you can watch Sky at home!!!!

Why on earth would you want someone else to do the same as you do when you are in your motorhome?

JJ :cool:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
1. On a tablet using the SkyGo app.

For this you will need a proper WiFi connection, not mobile data. You're restricted to using the tablet because the SkyGo app does not permit mirroring to an external display.

Discovered something I didn't know about this which gives at least a short term, if not a permanent, solution for us.

You can't use an external display with SkyGo from a mobile device, we all know that, HOWEVER if you use SkyGo on a laptop then you can connect it to an external display i.e. a TV. You obviously still need a decent internet connection but it's better than a tablet screen.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
True, but the resolution is pants. Sky is way behind the likesNetflix etc. In this regard. (n)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
True, but the resolution is pants. Sky is way behind the likesNetflix etc. In this regard. (n)

I never have a problem with the resolution. True it can take a little while to settle down sometimes but when it does it's perfect.

I even watched the rugby last weekend on my iPad using a 3G, maybe intermittent 4G, connection and it was fine.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back