What do others use...????????? (3 Viewers)

Dec 20, 2020
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 PVC
Exp
Since January 2021
It appears Puriclean contains a 'chlorine based bleaching agent' according to the Material Safety Data Sheet - so it seems to be chlorine with added chemicals to make it into a powder or tablet. Why use this expensive method when you can buy bleach at 49p a large bottle? Off the shelf supermarket bleach is usually only about 5% active chlorine. So to disinfect your tank, just dilute the bleach with water in the tank so it is 50 parts per million (ppm) and leave for a few hours. It will kill off any bacteria. Make sure you flush out a few times with fresh water to remove residual chlorine and you should be good to go! With a 100 litre tank you will need about 65 ml of household bleach. Tanks do need cleaning - like any water system they grow bacteria.

Jul 26, 2012
Solihull
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
For over 50 years
Never put chemicals in the fresh water tank in over 50years travelling in a Moho. Never had a problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dipper65

Free Member
Jun 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
VWP winemaking cleanser/steriliser once a year, I flush it through the taps into the grey tank which cleans and deodorises that too, jobs a good'un!

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
We have borehole water at home from the garden, untreated. That goes in the tank and is used for everything including drinking. I usually empty the tank and then refill with fresh before going on a trip…

Dec 20, 2020
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Elddis CV40 PVC
Exp
Since January 2021
For those who are concerned about what they put in their tanks! Milton is sodium hypochlorite by a fancy name - it is 5% chlorine - so the same as household bleach! Lots of stuff gets sold with fancy brand names at high cost when it just good old chlorine.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I used what Lenny advised food quality citric acid.
don’t do what I did I put too much in and it took 4 rinses to clear the lemon taste.😄😄
I use a gallon of white vinegar & a fair amount of water. Run through hot & cold systems, leave overnight, then drain & flush with a fair amount of water. I don't know if it kills bugs but it doesn't half shift the limescale from the boiler 😊. We've always used tank water for everything.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back