What are you up to this weekend? (10 Viewers)

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
I've been changing them for about 50yrs, so after removing cover, twisting belt & examining it for cracks, groves etc. and finding none, I check the tension & timing, and then decide.
To be honest, after 50yrs you get to know (that if you get it wrong, it's going to be expensive! ) 😆
More importantly, I take it for a 25 mile run every fortnight,(sometimes more) finishing with a long steep hill, 52weeks a year.
Based on what i said about mine do you think i should get it done??
I've had 3 quotes varing between £300 and £500. Just seems a tad expensive for something that appears to be absolutly fine and only 18k miles with strict servicing.

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
I've had 3 quotes varing between £300 and £500. Just seems a tad expensive for something that appears to be absolutly fine and only 18k miles with strict servicing.
Check again with VW.

They have just changed the interval for Transporters from 4 years, maybe they have for the Caddy as well?

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Check again with VW.

They have just changed the interval for Transporters from 4 years, maybe they have for the Caddy as well?
Mines 6 years old and the belt/chain has never been done.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CAB96

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 31, 2021
Stockport, UK
Funster No
MH
T6 Leisuredrive
Exp
3+
Mines 6 years old and the belt/chain has never been done.
Transporters just been changed to 140k miles regardless of age, apparently, used to be 4 years regardless of mileage.

Quotes are comparable to what I paid for my T6.

I'd do it if it were mine, but your choice!

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I don't know much about Caddy's but, from the age and mileage you quoted, I assume it's been standing a lot, so in answer to your question, yes I would get it done and then use it more. 🙂

May 2, 2023
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Frontier
Exp
I'm a newbie
A busy/fun weekend coming up for me 😁 Kicks off with dropping dogs at sitter in morning (nice holiday for them and me🤣) Late brekkie with the Girlie's in Folkestone. Trundle back up M20 for home. Out later for Chinese to celebrate step Son's passing Law exam (so proud!🙂) and him exchanging on his first home today (paint brushes are on standby!). Then on Saturday my OH has surprised me with me with a flight from Rochester airport over Kent (been wanting to do it for years) - can't wait! :dance2:Sunday, we are off to London for the day to have a late birthday lunch for my Son and his Wife who are coming in from Belfast so busy, busy, busy!:clap:

Jun 30, 2022
Funster No
MH
burstner lyseo 590
Beginning our first ever trip abroad in buddy tomo with an overnight stop at a pub before heading to Plymouth on Sunday for the Santander ferry then onto San Sebastián for a couple of nights then heading to the Dordogne then Bordeaux for the start of the rugby 🏉 then up the coast to Ilè de re then Le Mans then dieppe and home nervous and excited tbh!!! 😬😬

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Beginning our first ever trip abroad in buddy tomo with an overnight stop at a pub before heading to Plymouth on Sunday for the Santander ferry then onto San Sebastián for a couple of nights then heading to the Dordogne then Bordeaux for the start of the rugby 🏉 then up the coast to Ilè de re then Le Mans then dieppe and home nervous and excited tbh!!! 😬😬
Exciting, have s great trip.

DT

Dec 27, 2020
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner 690G
Exp
Boats Caravans & Motorhomes for 25 years
Seydisfjordur, Iceland which surprised me. The locals must be corresponding with drippy.

IMG_3186.jpeg

Nov 20, 2022
Congleton
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 494 lounge
You’ll love it, just try and learn few basic words and phrases,hello,please and thank you are a good start and go a long way, don’t just assume people will speak English, most do but just try and communicate in the host countries language,even if it’s not perfect you’ll receive more respect and appreciation 👍

Jan 3, 2023
Whitby, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starburst
Exp
From March 2023
Prepping the moho in readiness for party time in Hawkshead Tues - Fri. Weather looking great for the week 🌞🌞🌞

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Going from Nievre to Correze, Beaulieu sur Dordogne specifically. Spend Saturday night at the aire at St Pourcain sur Sioule. Love this trip!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back