What are you up to this weekend? (1 Viewer)

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Packin up and heading out in the morning.

Only plan points are Düsseldorf Tuesday, and then have to be at Marseille aeroport on Friday 9 Sept as MrsAbgs is flying back to the UK. I collect her at Carcassonne 5 days later, and then have to be at Calais by 20 Sept.

Let’s see what the road brings!

scousebird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 18, 2012
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey
Exp
March 2012
Currently in Quimper for 2 nights then Brest for 2 nights then eventually heading to Calais for the ferry home. Then working fri sat, off Sunday working Monday (last working day) then locker day Tuesday then RETIRED🥳🥳🥳🤪
Congratulations, enjoy your retirement.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Weather permitting we will be going to the classic car show at Capesthorne Hall in Bertie the blue car.
Weather not permitting we will go to the classic car show at Capsesthorne Hall in one of the other cars :LOL: :Grin:

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
camping and caravanning since a kid. New to motorhomes
Packin up and heading out in the morning.

Only plan points are Düsseldorf Tuesday, and then have to be at Marseille aeroport on Friday 9 Sept as MrsAbgs is flying back to the UK. I collect her at Carcassonne 5 days later, and then have to be at Calais by 20 Sept.

Let’s see what the road brings!
Yep same here. Driving down to Dover today.
Going to be a long slow drive i think. Glad booked the ferry for tomorrow morning.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Yep same here. Driving down to Dover today.
Going to be a long slow drive i think. Glad booked the ferry for tomorrow morning.
We have decided to drive to the tunnel in the daytime this time as everytime we go late at night or very early morning they kick you off the motorway and i alway's get lost.
So this time going to spend the day driving to the train, cross the water and a night in Gravelines. Nice cushy day.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
We have decided to drive to the tunnel in the daytime this time as everytime we go late at night or very early morning they kick you off the motorway and i alway's get lost.
So this time going to spend the day driving to the train, cross the water and a night in Gravelines. Nice cushy day.
We did it like that in June. Prefer that way TBH

This was a late decision after arranging a cheeky 2 week break in work appointments. The tunnel was over twice the price of an early morning ferry so went with that.

Then realised this is the Friday of a bank holiday weekend and thought.
Oh dear - or words to that effect 😂😂

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.

This was a late decision after arranging a cheeky 2 week break in work appointments. The tunnel was over twice the price of an early morning ferry so went with that.

We are of the opinion sod the £££s go for convienance. The Choo Choo is in our opinion the most convenient for us.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Tried that Newhaven to Dieppe ferry. Ok but the nonsense waiting to get on either end to me is just not worth what you may save.

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp

Well left home at 08:05 and arrived at the Dog House micropub pub stop at 16:55 so not bad going for the Friday of a BH weekend. Stopped off for something to eat on the way.

Main hold up was the road works at Darringron on the A1 and of course the Dartford crossing. All in all not a bad trip.

Now sinking a few cask ales but got to be good as up at 4 for the ferry.

Which idiot booked this. Oh that’s me ….doh lol 😂😂

Life’s good so cheers everyone. Have a lovely weekend 🍺🍺👍😎

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Fixing the hand basin which did not been fixing as it was s split in the pipe that was leaking 😳

BikerGraham

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 19, 2021
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
Funster No
MH
Autograph 75-2
Exp
Well left home at 08:05 and arrived at the Dog House micropub pub stop at 16:55 so not bad going for the Friday of a BH weekend. Stopped off for something to eat on the way.

Main hold up was the road works at Darringron on the A1 and of course the Dartford crossing. All in all not a bad trip.

Now sinking a few cask ales but got to be good as up at 4 for the ferry.

Which idiot booked this. Oh that’s me ….doh lol 😂😂

Life’s good so cheers everyone. Have a lovely weekend 🍺🍺👍😎
By the way folks this is a great stop over. Came across it on a Facebook page but it is on S4S.

Got a band on tonight. Really nice ale and lager etc. food is reasonable and spot on too.
free park up and a couple of toilets open all night.

Quite restricted on number of vans but if you can get in it’s close to the tunnel and Dover.

IMG_3926.png

Deleted User
Quiet weekend planned at home enjoying more tolerable temperatures (35°C+ for the past week until today). Front garden needs a mow so maybe tomorrow morning for that.

Otherwise the outcome of Cardiff City v Sheffield Wednesday will define my mood for the remainder of the weekend.

Deleted User
Currently in Quimper for 2 nights then Brest for 2 nights then eventually heading to Calais for the ferry home. Then working fri sat, off Sunday working Monday (last working day) then locker day Tuesday then RETIRED🥳🥳🥳🤪
Sounds perfect. Enjoy!

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Portsmouth to St Malo , overnight stop then onto St Emilion for four nights and then Biarritz for four nights , the rest is unplanned but we have ten nights to go before returning via Bilbao , looking forward to it !

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Happy to report VW just passed MOT for another year without any advisories 👍
Just gave it a service, cam-belt okay.
Can i ask how do you know the cam belt is ok?
The reason i ask is when i took my VW Caddy they said cause the van is nearly 7 years old the cam belt needs doing. The van only has 18k miles and has been serviced at VW on the dot when required.
I didn't/havn't had the belt/chain changed yet.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Can i ask how do you know the cam belt is ok?
The reason i ask is when i took my VW Caddy they said cause the van is nearly 7 years old the cam belt needs doing. The van only has 18k miles and has been serviced at VW on the dot when required.
I didn't/havn't had the belt/chain changed yet.
I've been changing them for about 50yrs, so after removing cover, twisting belt & examining it for cracks, groves etc. and finding none, I check the tension & timing, and then decide.
To be honest, after 50yrs you get to know (that if you get it wrong, it's going to be expensive! ) 😆
More importantly, I take it for a 25 mile run every fortnight,(sometimes more) finishing with a long steep hill, 52weeks a year.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back