What’s number one on you MH bucket list this year? (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We are going to have a Dali-fest. Was never keen on Salvador Dali until we went to the museum at Figueres a few years ago. It was truly mind blowing and something we will never forget. Did his house at Port Lligat on that trip too which was an insight into the man rather than the art.

so this year we plan to do the Figueres museum again, plus the castle where he lived in later life that we’ve never been to.

BUT the icing on the cake will be another visit to the limestone quarry caves at Les Baux de Provence where this year there will be a Dali light show/exhibition. Should be amazing. We went to theVan Gogh one a few weeks ago and it was absolutely stunning. You are just immersed in his paintings and the way they transition etc is fabulous. Can’t explain it, you need to go, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed ?

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
I guess at the moment our number one item is not far from yours, as we will be returning to Girona in May where we have managed to book a table at El Celler de Can Roca, often regarded as the best restaurant in the world.
Have you seen how much this food costs....?

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
We want to do le train d'ardeche at Tournon sur Rhone.
Passed it twice last year but the weather wasnt good on both occasions.
Intend to take the train one day then the motorbike up the valley to watch the train.
I have never felt my life was so sad but then I read my last sentence !

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
I guess at the moment our number one item is not far from yours, as we will be returning to Girona in May where we have managed to book a table at El Celler de Can Roca, often regarded as the best restaurant in the world.

we loved Girona too, the aire there was not pretty but ideal for visiting. Haven’t heard of the restaurant but will look it up (but probably won’t tell MrS as it sounds like it’s going to be VERY expensive ?)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
Have you seen how much this food costs....?
Yes. It’s something we do from time to time as a treat. Last year we went to Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy - also often regarded as the best restaurant in the world. The price is frankly astronomic but it’s an experience to remember forever if you like that kind of thing.

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
I asked Mr S and he said he really wants to do the north Spain coast. Well that could fit in well with Figueres.
But then he remembered we both really fancied taking the ferry from Toulon and doing a bit more of Sicily. Suppose Toulon isn’t that far from Les Baux de Provence... gonna be a busy year hopefully

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
Yes. It’s something we do from time to time as a treat. Last year we went to Osteria Francescana in Modena, Italy - also often regarded as the best restaurant in the world. The price is frankly astronomic but it’s an experience to remember forever if you like that kind of thing.
Thank goodness I live next to the Black Swan at Oldstead, Yorkshire prices......

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Alhambra palace, Granada Spain. We will be booking our tickets soon hopefully for March time.
We went there this year. Stunning. Very busy though so you definitely need to book. We booked for later in the day when hopefully there were a few less coach parties...
Hope you have a great day there

Oct 22, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 640 welcome
Exp
Since October 2019
Want to find the perfect beach wild camping spot in Scotland , let our dogs play in the sand and water, watch the stars , wake up to the sound of the waves and hopefully , and selfishly , hope we are on our own for a few days .

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Top of the list is................buy a new bucket,then I’ll have more time:LOL::Grin::rofl:
Ah but will you? Because first you have to decide whether to have a collapsible bucket or not. Then the size and material. Then the colour is a whole new problem. You will be lucky to get away at all this year ????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back