What’s number one on you MH bucket list this year? (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We are going to have a Dali-fest. Was never keen on Salvador Dali until we went to the museum at Figueres a few years ago. It was truly mind blowing and something we will never forget. Did his house at Port Lligat on that trip too which was an insight into the man rather than the art.

so this year we plan to do the Figueres museum again, plus the castle where he lived in later life that we’ve never been to.

BUT the icing on the cake will be another visit to the limestone quarry caves at Les Baux de Provence where this year there will be a Dali light show/exhibition. Should be amazing. We went to theVan Gogh one a few weeks ago and it was absolutely stunning. You are just immersed in his paintings and the way they transition etc is fabulous. Can’t explain it, you need to go, but I guarantee you will not be disappointed ?
As previous visitors to Port Lligate and a couple of exhibitions of Dali works, I thank you.

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Crazylegs are you thinking of going to the quarry then? Here’s the link to it
We went to a Van Gogh one years ago and it was good, made us want to go to the new one this year. But the Van Gogh one that just finished was amazing because with computer technology it was so much more sophisticated. Had music too. All very atmospheric. Can’t wait!

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Revisit Croatia n the motorhome.

We went there five years ago but rushed it a bit. This time we will take our time and just meander with no fixed plan other than to visit Dubrovnik as part of the trip.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PhilG

Free Member
Mar 8, 2016
leicester
Funster No
MH
euramobil 810
Exp
since birth
Revisit Croatia n the motorhome.

We went there five years ago but rushed it a bit. This time we will take our time and just meander with no fixed plan other than to visit Dubrovnik as part of the trip.

When I was a kid, my aunts and uncles used to tow caravans to Yugoslavia, my dad always bailed out on it , i wasnt fussed , i was 12 , and we got away plenty over here, but seeing the place now, and having friends who go regularly to go with from Germany, i fancy a look at that too. Doubt it will be this year.

Realistically , i have a chance to Visit California in November and i fancy a look at the PCH and Northern California

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Booked van in at end of this month for some "very" delayed refurb work .....Then get out and about a lot more in the van, including returning to France and Germany, having not been over there for about 3 years . Have also considered trying for first time , Portugal or Spain trip in van .

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Just to get some use out of `van!!!. Last year was a washout all round after SWMBO took a fall in May, (compound "greenstick" facture to her femur) it was October before she could safely get up the 2 steps into the `van. We had a couple of w/ends and a run to Chertsey since. "Overnight" job this Friday to a Concert. But with follow up surgery to her foot yet to come?.

Realistically , i have a chance to Visit California in November and i fancy a look at the PCH and Northern California

Take the opportunity to go up Highway one, Your passenger won`t regret it. (you will be watching the road!) We stopped off at the Hurst Mansion. (How the "other arf" live(ed)!!). "wild" camped by a beach, and could not understand what the "noise" was? turned out to be a Huge Seal colony!. Fishemans Wharf was interesting too. After Sanfrancisco we came back down via the Redwood Forests. The road over the Divide was still closed (May), but the waterfalls where running snow-melt and where fantastic.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Our bucket list was (almost) completed last year.

In 2019 we celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary. On thinking where to go we decided to try and visit a different country in every month of that year.

We made it, visiting thirteen, including three “fly offs” as well as motorhoming. That doesn’t count France, as we passed through it a few times en route to other countries. As we live there part time we excluded it and Wales from our total.

A great year. Now we just have to improve on it this year. :giggle:

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
Crazylegs are you thinking of going to the quarry then? Here’s the link to it
We went to a Van Gogh one years ago and it was good, made us want to go to the new one this year. But the Van Gogh one that just finished was amazing because with computer technology it was so much more sophisticated. Had music too. All very atmospheric. Can’t wait!

Yes just got to figure out when and how.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Did Oz and NZ 5 yrs ago, loved it but came to the conclusion that less is more. So now settled into touring Europe. Most Med. areas covered but would like to do the Baltic area of Germany and the nearby countries. We've booked for Greece in April and May but would love to do Albania if we could get decent insurance cover,

Apr 11, 2017
Earby, Lancashire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autocruse Select 144
Exp
started Oct. 2016
We went there this year. Stunning. Very busy though so you definitely need to book. We booked for later in the day when hopefully there were a few less coach parties...
Hope you have a great day there
Yep, our Guide offered the late afternoon visit but when we spoke to him he suggested the early morning booking and I'm glad we did the early start as it took nearly all day.
But still worth a visit.
Phil

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
As soon as we can we want to get far away from Estate Agents , nothing riles us more is looking at property that they clearly have not done their homework on, before asking us to view.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Possible a mooch around Scotland in April.... fancy the NC500 but don’t fancy the hordes that will probably be doing it around Easter

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
We were going to change our van. After searching many brands we've decided to keep our 6 year old. There's so much new junk out there now it's not worth the risk.
Good health will keep us happy.

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
We don’t do bucket lists but are quite happy to just be somewhere pleasant in warm sunshine.
One aim this year is to beat last years 139 nights in the van.
It doesn’t take much to keep us happy. :cool:

Richard.
Well done! We managed 109 nights last year, our best yet, but looking to beat that (if I can persuade Mr S...) this year ?

Wellington

Free Member
May 23, 2018
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I‘d like to try and find some overlap between my bucket list and my daughter‘s. In or en route to Italy to visit my cousin again (he’ll probably be back in 2021) This may take a degree of ingenuity. She liked Disneyland, swimming and gelato. I liked taster menus in restaurants, pootling around Siena and doing not much.

I asked her what she wanted to do this year in Italy, and she said she doesn't want to go for so long, because she missed her friends, but she’d like to go back to Siena because they had chocolate pizza. Kids!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back