Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
So I have a bailey with whale connector for water. I have been searching for the fitting to connect to a hose rather than buying a hose with the fitting already attached. Basically I want to buy a hose of my choice and then put a whale connector on it.

But for life of me a I cannot find the loan fitting.. perhaps I'm searching wrong.

Ps. I do already have a blue hose with whale fitting that came with van but wanted to get a second with different (longer) hose.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
a photo of the connector would really help

MC 55 FUN

Free Member
Feb 18, 2016
Rural South West Wales.
Funster No
MH
2015 Majestic 195
Exp
Since 20th Feb' 2016
So I have a bailey with whale connector for water. I have been searching for the fitting to connect to a hose rather than buying a hose with the fitting already attached. Basically I want to buy a hose of my choice and then put a whale connector on it.

But for life of me a I cannot find the loan fitting.. perhaps I'm searching wrong.

Ps. I do already have a blue hose with whale fitting that came with van but wanted to get a second with different (longer) hose.

Is it one of these ? :
https://www.bing.com/images/search?...BDD615F5F5CD74C595E1A6460D8803523&FORM=IQFRBA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
And here's a tip if you have one of these. We keep ours on a reel. It has to go onto the reel 'narrow end' first. So in order for the water to drain out I carry a clothes peg. By clipping it into the round hole in the Whale connector it prevents the valve from trapping the water inside the hose and lets it run out as you reel the hose in.(y)

Wyn

OP
OP
QuantumX

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
Yup that's the connector.. seems the welded on theory is correct as i cannot find any with just the connector. Will just carry an extension hose i suppose :)

Thanks...

OP
OP
QuantumX

QuantumX

Free Member
Oct 6, 2017
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Since 2017
I had the Whale flat hose as in the photo ..when it split after some years I just cut the hose and rejoined with standard hozelock fittings (y)

Yea seems a good idea, to reclaim a old split Whale Connector from a broken hose and then just connect with a standard hoze lock..

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
I have a Bailey ,the hose that Whale supply lasted less than 12 months use. I removed their hose but was unable to get a replacement standard hose to fit and seal. Reverted back to a section of the Whale hose without holes with an extension hose attached with a hose lock fitting .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back