Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I know people have been finding campsites a bit expensive, but…..
I sent an email to a CS earlier today to get a price for MoHo, 2adults and a dog, the photos of the place didn’t look anything special.
Got This back just now-
592AA476-198F-4DAB-B19B-0B57273BD3B7.jpeg

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I know people have been finding campsites a bit expensive, but…..
I sent an email to a CS earlier today to get a price for MoHo, 2adults and a dog, the photos of the place didn’t look anything special.
Got This back just now-
View attachment 543033
That is way over the top, and I for one would never entertain that site 😲

Mar 9, 2021
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2014
We’ve just booked a few sites (non Club) and per night -
£15 for a pitch/van
£5 for leccy
£0 to £1 for the dog

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
I recently booked a winter pitch on hard standing, the asking price was £19:50 all in. We've had a deal at £15/night. Any more and I'd have been looking elsewhere.

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland/Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer (T class GT)
Exp
12months
I once stopped at a site (UK) when I had my small Border Collie and little Beardie.
I travel solo with the dogs, that particular site charged per camper and 2 persons and asked the breed of dogs.
Why?the dogs were kept on leads on my own pitch and walked in "the dog exercising area" also on leads as it was hoaching with rabbits. I provided my own poo bags.
On being told I travel alone and have two small collies. I was told the camper and two people count as one unit and collies are classed as big dogs!
I was staying tbere particularly to visit friends in tbe area. Those friends have now moved elsewhere. Thank goodness!
I now have one remaining small collie, one smallish (it's all relative) Mastin Espanol (approx 40kgs +) and one Enormous Mastin Espanol, as yet not up to weight as he is a newly aquired Spanish rescue but stands about tbe height of a Great Dane.
I think if I visit the Uk again it will be strictly as an FLT, I couldnt possibly afford campsites, particularly if they charge extra for dogs based on their size!
Mind I have yet to discover whether they will all fit in the Moho.😁

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
They have all been at it.

Stopped on a CS recently, me and wife and 4 kids +dog. £32 a night with no electric. Showers were portacabin types too.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
That’s the way to do it..nice one 👍
I genuinely can't see it, one of my brothers dashed out of Italy when Covid broke out there, him and his mate are renting a three bedroom house share which I could move into over winter for £100/week. Even if I had to pay for storage for the van it would be cheaper than the prices mention above.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
We did notice the campsite prices had gone up since our last visit, but we have found some nice free Aires in France since we left, staying here tonight free including water and dump park where you like. 😁 Bob.

Aire de camping-car

20210930_171329.jpg20210930_171745.jpg
A drying washing and walnut day. 🙄😎

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
You could save a few quid by saying there's only you in the Morelo and confine the staff to their quarters.
Regardless of what van one has, and how many people on board, at the end of the day I am taking my home on wheels to them, I’m not asking for a room to stay in, I just want to park for a night or two, and I certainly don’t like being ripped off, just like the site in question is trying to do.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
The terms are clearly stated on their website. To me it seems quite simple, if I don’t like the terms I look elsewhere. There are cheaper sites but they might not have showers and toilets or such a charming location.

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
We did notice the campsite prices had gone up since our last visit, but we have found some nice free Aires in France since we left, staying here tonight free including water and dump park where you like. 😁 Bob.

Aire de camping-car

View attachment 543111View attachment 543115
A drying washing and walnut day. 🙄😎

That's quite a strange situation although the free Aire looks very nice. The Municipality seems to be generous with upkeep of the Aire, which must cost them quite a bit, but at the same time one of the comments said that the local "commerces" (shops) in the "bourg" (centre) have closed. At a guess that's because of the Super-U on the edge of the village. As a minimum I would want a Boulangerie where I can buy a freshly baked baguette. I so miss those.

What exactly is left in the village centre for visiting MHers to spend money locally? What benefit is there to the local economy? Very odd.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
There is a bar and a pharmacy maybe a few other things, and of course the chateau that people pay to visit, we visited the intermarche and did a load of washing before coming here, yes very nice and I have seen people carrying buckets of waste over to the dump so they will be here longer than us. 😁

Just taken a video, as you can see very relaxed and very well kept. 👍😁
There was three more that have just left.😎 Bob
https://photos.app.goo.gl/F64GN6MBzXX89bbk7

Last edited:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Sorry forgot to quote, how many of these should have a sticker, 😉 they can't all be under 3500kg. 😁
That's quite a strange situation although the free Aire looks very nice. The Municipality seems to be generous with upkeep of the Aire, which must cost them quite a bit, but at the same time one of the comments said that the local "commerces" (shops) in the "bourg" (centre) have closed. At a guess that's because of the Super-U on the edge of the village. As a minimum I would want a Boulangerie where I can buy a freshly baked baguette. I so miss those.

What exactly is left in the village centre for visiting MHers to spend money locally? What benefit is there to the local economy? Very odd.

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013

Don't think it said they are all closed. According to Google there is a patisserie open today next to the Abbey. The cakes look very good. According to the reviews they also sell bread

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
Last edited:
Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
By the way, has anyone else ever been to Mortagne sur Gironde when there has been a Flea Market on the site? It's quite an experience!
That is one of our favourite places, with views over the small quiet harbour. Just pay the daily parking rate (about 8 Euros when we were last there) and, if you get on the right pitches, you get EHU, water tap and grey waste dump all for free. Just pay 1 Euro for black waste dump on the other side of the harbour.

Saw some fantastic murmerations of starlings when we were there last. Quite rare now in our part of the UK.

Never been when the flea market is there. When is it held?

Last edited:

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner

I posted last week 'ish about the Camping Municipal at Montmorillon providing a free BBQ on each Friday evening to drum up business. This was aimed at both the visiting holidaymakers to keep the local shops going, but also at trades people, many of whom had short term or seasonal contracts. The latter received a discounted rate [and the normal camping rate at the time was about €11pn ..] upon production of their offer of work letter. Less expensive than hotels, and less problematic than managing people sleeping in cars and vans

Steve

Jan 17, 2014
Wellington, Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1977
That is one of our favourite places, with views over the small quiet harbour. Just pay the daily parking rate (about 8 Euros when we were last there) and, if you get on the right pitches, you get EHU, water tap and grey waste dump all for free. Just pay 1 Euro for black waste dump on the other side of the harbour.

Saw some fantastic murmerations of starlings when we were there last. Quite rare now in our part of the UK.

Never been when the flea market is there. When is it held?
We saw it when we were there in mid July 2014, but I've no idea if it is a regular thing.

DSCN0598.JPG

DSCN0597.JPG

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back