Wells next the Sea or nearby site (1 Viewer)

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Hello,

Has anyone any recommendations for sites around Wells next the Sea / nearby please?
We're planning an alternative in case we can't travel abroad and I quite fancy that area.
Ideally, we want someone near to/access to a beach.
thanks
Gavlad

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
There is a site just outside town by the steam rail station, or in summer the clubs hold rallies at the schools

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2020
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E582
Exp
2011, 11.6m cruiser on Thames for 5 years before
Fakenham Racecourse is not too far away from Wells; plenty of space, good toilets blocks, etc. And the Kinnerton chocolate outlet shop is in the centre of the town ( they are the biggest employer in the area)!

You’ll be lucky to get into Pinewoods this year, but excellent walking to Holkham Hall along the seashore. If you want a pub in Wells, I recommend the Nelson for their welcome and £2 half-toasties when we wanted a drink “with a substantial meal”; they didn’t take our plates till we had finished drinking. Wonderful!

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Can recommend this site.
Just under 8 miles from Wells

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
I agree with Landry Andy. You can bus it to Wells from Deepdale. I have walked the coast path one way and bused back.
In the sixties we stayed on a site were Pinewoods is now. It was a council run site then. I remember the railway into town that ran from the site entrance.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I hope this is not a case of making a booking that you intend to renege on if the continental holiday is allowed. That would be unfair on the site owner and others.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I hope this is not a case of making a booking that you intend to renege on if the continental holiday is allowed. That would be unfair on the site owner and others.
you mean like the C&MC club that allow up to book a year in advance and no deposit required so they are all fully booked right now.
Although having to be flexible by having a alternative plan is seems reasonable and sensible as long as you provide some notice, bit like flexible tickets for other forms of travel and accommodation.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
you mean like the C&MC club that allow up to book a year in advance and no deposit required so they are all fully booked right now.
Although having to be flexible by having a alternative plan is seems reasonable and sensible as long as you provide some notice, bit like flexible tickets for other forms of travel and accommodation.
The C&MC are probably big enough to live with bog roll holidays (panic buying holidays) but the smaller operators may be turning away other more genuine bookings. My view is you only enter into a contract if you intend to honour it. The smaller operators have had a difficult time of late and don’t deserve another kick in the teeth. It will bounce back on us all, some may give up, some may increase prices to cover losses and many may increase their non refundable deposits.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
bit like flexible tickets for other forms of travel and accommodation.
I disagree, that is something the operators offer to gain a commercial advantage. Fair enough if you ask the site owner if he will accept your booking on the basis of you cancelling if you can go abroad but I doubt he/she would agree. Tricking them is unfair.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
I disagree, that is something the operators offer to gain a commercial advantage. Fair enough if you ask the site owner if he will accept your booking on the basis of you cancelling if you can go abroad but I doubt he/she would agree. Tricking them is unfair.
I disagree. I appreciate for smaller businesses it must be a very anxious and difficult period. There are some fairly straightforward actions they can put in place which would be fair on everybody. For example take a deposit that is refundable only if Covid prevents travel within the UK. Other significant risks like critical illness would be taken care of by insurance. Then the site will have at least incentivised people to keep their booking or they take the hit and the site is able to cover some of its costs and is able to re book the pitch. That’s what I might think of if I were a site owner - but I’m not so...

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I disagree. I appreciate for smaller businesses it must be a very anxious and difficult period. There are some fairly straightforward actions they can put in place which would be fair on everybody. For example take a deposit that is refundable only if Covid prevents travel within the UK. Other significant risks like critical illness would be taken care of by insurance. Then the site will have at least incentivised people to keep their booking or they take the hit and the site is able to cover some of its costs and is able to re book the pitch. That’s what I might think of if I were a site owner - but I’m not so...
I might do that if I was a site owner but I would be looking for 50%+ deposits and full payment a month before the booking. However it still inconveniences other potential customers who may be forced unnecessarily into going to a second choice site or second choice location. My view is make a decision now and live with it. I still see it as panic buying or as I prefer to call it bog roll holiday booking.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
Can recommend this site.

Fantastic place stayed last year and one of our favourites. Great coastal walks in either direction and a decent pub in the nearby village (10 mins walk). We drove the van down to Wells as its a striaght road in and out.
If it wasnt for the fact that we want to explore other areas we'd be heading back here every year!!(y)

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Can recommend this site.

We were there with our Grandson a couple of years ago. He loved it!

OP
OP
GAVLAD
Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
Is this a question from the holiday police or something?
As I’ve said in my original post, we’re planning an alternative holiday venue to going abroad in case restrictions are still in place. I have asked for suggested venues not your personal opinion on whether my plans sit well with you personally.
If you can’t make the requested suggestions, please don’t push your opinions on me. Not that it’s of anyone’s business, how are you to know whether I wouldn’t have been willing to pay for my stay in full at the time of booking?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back