Well, Is anyone making a run for the Alps next month? (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2020
Wilts
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
Since 2007
Keeping all possible fingers crossed that France and/or Switzerland will relax the travel restrictions for long enough to at least get to the mountains this season.
I've been watching the ferry & train prices for several weeks now and hope that we can make it out of the UK on Monday 4th January, or later the same week. Prices around a £100 one way, on it or under it. If not, it will be the first January We've spent in the UK for over twelve years, yuk!
CB.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Don't mind January at all, the gharstly Christmas period has passed, it's a new year, days are getting longer and spring is on the way 😊 hope you can get away 🤞👍

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 5, 2017
Skelmersdale
Funster No
MH
RV WindSport 32A
Exp
5 years only
Bars, restaurants etc not open in France until at least 20th January, Macron is also saying Ski resorts probably will have to remain closed this season.
Not bothered too much about bars and restaurants really. It's freedom of movement I want..... ;)

Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We should get a better idea once the vaccine rollout starts in early december.
Im hopeful of a later ski trip at the end of march or start of april.

Mr porky

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 14, 2018
Middlewich, UK
Funster No
MH
Morelo home
Exp
Lots now
I think Switzerland is opening ski resorts yet the rest of Europe are keeping there’s closed.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
I can't see it happening for us this winter unless I hoof it up the hills around here

Yep, I'm hoping for snow in the Brecon Beacons to get my Snowboard fix this season - fingers crossed 🙂

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
not for me this season. First in 15 years I will be missing. just doesn't seem worth it. Ques on the lifts whilst they disinfect every 20 mins, no socializing, bars pubs resteraunts closed or being restricted. Meant to be a holiday not a military exercise. I will go twice next season instead.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Some resorts in Switzerland are already open, others will open in December. My big fear is that far too many people will come here from France, Italy and it will be incredibly crowded. Especially as French resorts are unlikely to open until late January, if at all.
However, it is incredibly mild, even at this early stage in the winter season and there is no or very little snow or cold weather forecast

Sep 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis
Exp
20 years
Wasn't it a skiing holiday that introduced covid into the UK from Italy through a Swiss ,French Alp ski resort?:eek:

It wasn’t for our patch, I can’t say what it was as it would identify them, but it wasn’t ski holidays.

That said, it does seem barmy looking back that we had no cases and didn’t even screen at airports etc.

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Funny how nobody is bothered about Hong Kong any more isn't it.
Having lived there for a short period of time I’m horrified what’s happened. Mind you the U.K. government is imposing some horrendous restrictions on basic civil liberties

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
One of the news channels today there was an article about Italy looking at keeping all the ski resorts closed and asking the French to do the same.

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
Latest is Germany is seeking a deal with the EU that all ski resorts will remain closed until January.
ezee

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Here in Switzerland there is increasing pressure on how the ski season will be managed. In yesterday's Sunday newspaper the health minister wrote how the number of people using the ski slopes needed to be limited. I am unsure how this could be implemented unless some form of booking system could be implemented but that may be down to the individual cantons and resorts to put in place. This could be an interesting winter.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
The weather forecast for South Wales is warning of snow on high ground on Friday - my Snowboard is waxed and ready to go...... 🙂

Jul 3, 2019
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
We have snow forecast here in Switzerland this coming week and over the weekend. Where I am the piste is not due to open until the 19th. However, last year it opened a few weeks earlier.

I'm hoping we get open and I can get out on my board. I have no intention to return home to Wales until the end of March. If we do then no doubt Mr Drakeford will ban the use of snowboards, he is inflicting restrictions on everything else. Pubs not able to server alcohol now! Whatever next, breathing banned?

Clipgate

Free Member
Jan 1, 2014
Folkestone
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Copied from Motorhome France
SKI RESORTS STAY CLOSED FOR XMAS

The French ski resorts will stay closed for the Xmas holidays due to the ongoing pandemic & the lockdown in the country. President Macron has said that virus risks make it impossible for winter sports to resume at present but that it would be possible for ski stations to plan for re-opening in January. The popular Alpine ski area of Haute-Savoie currently has the highest number of Covid infections in the entire country.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back