Well done Tintagel Cornwall (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
This car park has been open several years for MH’s wouldn’t be nice to see these signs in all towns!!

Colyboy

We are coming back to Cornwall again at the end of December for Camping Caradon, Looe, Cornwall, for their NYE “do”

Attachments

• 266ACCAD-C0D8-482C-A2DC-72AFE5B80B1D.jpeg
    266ACCAD-C0D8-482C-A2DC-72AFE5B80B1D.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 362

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Ive just got to ask:LOL:
Is that just to park your mh...or can you camp in it:D
Andy

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ive just got to ask:LOL:
Is that just to park your mh...or can you camp in it:D
Andy
It's camping Andy, and perfectly legal. There are three Car Parks in Tintagel allowing motorhome overnight camping (King Arthur's, Sword in the Stone and Mayfair). All have planning permission and are licensed as caravan sites.
This car park has been open several years for MH’s wouldn’t be nice to see these signs in all towns!!
As the car parks are all privately owned, all it needs is for somebody to obtain the same consents for their land in other towns :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
“All” think there’s only one main one, centre of the high street, might be wrong as I haven’t been for a couple of years

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
It's camping Andy, and perfectly legal. There are three Car Parks in Tintagel allowing motorhome overnight camping (King Arthur's, Sword in the Stone and Mayfair). All have planning permission and are licensed as caravan sites.

As the car parks are all privately owned, all it needs is for somebody to obtain the same consents for their land in other towns :)
Not having a pop but nowhere on that sign does it mention camping

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
I was at Tintagel in October last year. I was pleasantly surprised how MH friendly it was there. None of the usual hunting for a space and hoping you can squeeze it in somewhere. And hence there were quite a few motorhomes and campers in the car parks, even though it wasn't particularly great weather.

If I'd known I could have stopped overnight beforehand, I probably would have done... and had a nice meal at the pup too! Instead we went on to Damage Barton near Woolacombe and nearly got blown away on the cliff top campsite.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Full information on the 4 car parks ..

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
Great place to stay just need that one extra item , willing to pay, a chemical drop ! During summer it is chocker but winter lovely and quiet . Parking attendant a grand elderly gentleman who if he’s had a round of golf results in his buggy to do the rounds , or leaves it to his son , plus this year the pub has invested in a large covered seating area outside , hope they go on strength to strength mind you I think there is a lot of jealousy in village as a nasty and to the point sign on business next door in several languages says we do not give change for car park we do not own it !!! .

May 24, 2014
North Devon
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
Since 2013
As an aside, there was a fascinating programme on BBC 2 last night about Tintagel and the legend of King Arthur. They debunked many of the previous held beliefs that the British and Anglo-Saxons were permanently at war with one a other throughout the "dark ages" and offered evidence that both groups lived in complete harmony instead. Whilst there may have been an "Arthur" of sorts residing at Tintagel he certainly wasn't a warrior leading his people to war to defeat the Anglo-Saxons as we have been led to believe , rather it was far too peaceful an environment to worry about such things apparently.

Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
A place of mystery for sure

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
I was confused about this one on Bakewell, trifle misleading, asked the attendant when she arrived and said it is fine, there were a traveller group over the way and they even put a toilet in for them.

Attachments

• IMG_1077.JPG
    IMG_1077.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 76

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If its so (apparently) easy for the private owners to get consent why is it (apparently) so hard for local councils....
Oh forget it, we already know why.
Apart from each individual case being different, there also has to bean advantage for the landowner in doing it.
Given the success of three - yes, three - private places in such a small village perhaps the question should be why aren't more private landowners following suit :)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Why aren't the council taking advantage, there's obviously a need... A criteria which you have pointed out before.
Which council?
Several councils run similar schemes already.
Where else is there a need which does not run counter to the wider public interest?

River gypsys

Free Member
Jun 25, 2017
Ely
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Does anyone know if there are similar car parks near st Austell please

Jul 4, 2016
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
V-Line 636 Sport
Does anyone know if there are similar car parks near st Austell please
Mevagissey car park allows overnight parking. There are a couple of off road lay-by on the way to meva that people use. Several free parking by the white river, mostly used by dog walkers. Hidden car park, turn left at sewerage works on the meva road, about 1 mile from b&q turning . (Google pentewan trail free car park).

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back