maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Fifth actually, 3 at Queensferry and 2 at Kincardine. It is a wonderful bridge, at least it will be if it gives what it promises. In the right light from many view points it ooks ike 3 sailing ships, and triple cable stay echos the 3 cantilevers of the first bridge

OP
OP
T
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Old wild camper in transit
I stand corrected, but you know what I mean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
So we have two forth crossings and five forth crossings, three forths at Queensferry and two forths at Kincardine. My brain hurts with all these fractions.

OP
OP
T
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
So we have two forth crossings and five forth crossings, three forths at Queensferry and two forths at Kincardine. My brain hurts with all these fractions.
Very good you must be a teacher of maths , it's a tongue twister !!!!

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
It is wonderful. I'm old enough to remember when there was only the rail bridge at Queensferry, and 1 road bridge at Kincardine.
Now 3 bridges at Queensferry, 2 at Kincardine, I don't half feel..........................
Old.:cry:

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
Can anyone remember the ferry at queens ferry ??
Of course, on the old road to South Queensferry there were markers by the roadside indicating the expected wait for a ferry. If it was more than 3 hours my father who went to Inverness from Edinburgh once a month would do a U turn and head for Stirling. Shows you just how slow the roads were back then. I was at the opening of the Road Bridge and there was thick fog over the river. When the Queen drove of in her Roller over the bridge she just disappeared at the North Tower and I swear everyone including me waited for the splash

OP
OP
T
Jun 25, 2013
Funster No
Exp
Of course, on the old road to South Queensferry there were markers by the roadside indicating the expected wait for a ferry. If it was more than 3 hours my father who went to Inverness from Edinburgh once a month would do a U turn and head for Stirling. Shows you just how slow the roads were back then. I was at the opening of the Road Bridge and there was thick fog over the river. When the Queen drove of in her Roller over the bridge she just disappeared at the North Tower and I swear everyone including me waited for the splash
Very interesting

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back