We christened our new MoHo,,,shouldn't have done it in the dark?!!! (1 Viewer)

Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Well, we finally got out on the road late on Tuesday afternoon, earlier, I'd driven over to the storage site & brought VanessaTu (VanTu) back home to load the vitals & victuals.

It only dawned on me, as I was filling the f/water tank, that, what light there was, was being provided by the street lighting, which ment that, it was, err, dark! Progressing this obvious fact "further up the road" I came to the somewhat worrying conclusion, that, at our planned destination, there would be a total scarcity of tall poles with lamps on their heads,,, east European or otherwise!
Trying not to dwell on this "dark" thought, I hurried Mrs & our 2 Jacks aboard & a few minutes later we'd left the bright lights of Wroxham behind & were heading east,,, on a very dark, quite narrow, and busy road.

Although I've regularly driven "Transit" size vans, VanTu, at 8 by 2.4mts, is a large-ish vehicle, well, it is to me, so I wouldn't say my knuckles were white, but, my mood was in a "concentrated" state. The cab was in darkness, save for the subdued, but reassuring glow from the instrument panel, and it was also quite quiet, due to the fact that I didn't want my concentration disturbed by muse-ik.

So, totally engrossed in the task at hand and seated in an oddly tranquil environ, imagine, if you will, the sheer shock & horror that overwhelmed me when I suddenly heard my wife yell out,,, NO!!!

I can tell you, dear funsters, that at that precise, NO!!! moment, neither Jenson Button nor Lewis Hamilton could have got their foot on the brake pedal faster than yours truly, even more amazing is the fact that my anus nipped shut, BEFORE my foot hit the brake?!!!

Now us Narfukuns rarely blow our own trumpet, the reason being that we get precious little to crow about dun ear in Narfuk, dryvun trakturs, growun turnups un shuvllun shite don prezakluy kreeate much oppurtoonutty fur havvun a blow job, on a trumpet.
But, on this occasion, as they say, the facts speak for themselves; this is one blow job, on my own trumpet, that I fully deserve... The fact is, I'm a gentleman of a certain age; 68 next April, I was driving a large, unfamiliar vehicle on a busy, dark & narrow road, I responded to an unknown emergency with admirable aplomb and skill in the most frenzied of circumstances,,, I brought said fully laden vehicle to a shuddering, but controlled halt, without skidding and causing no injuries, before one could say; "Oh feck, Jenson has overshot the chicane!".

For this gallant act alone I feel that I'm deserving of the blow job, on my own trumpet, but there is an additional meritorious act that I simultaneously completed which, I feel compelled to bring to your attention....... I didn't poop myself!!! Wadda GUY!

Why, I hear you ask, did Mrs cry out, NO!!! ..... Well, its late, and I'm tired. I'll tell ya'awl bout thart nuthhur tyum.
Assur James signnun orf frum dunear in Narfuk. Ass bin rite gud talkun tur'ya arwl,,, no doubt pleasure's bin arwl yours? Eyes hope so anyways?! ;):):LOL:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Love that night journey tale!!! Had Mrs C forgotten the cork screw!!!:LOL:
Can't wait for the 'setting up in the dark' 'sequel!!:LOL:

Norfolk Red

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Chieftan
Exp
2 Years
C'mon fellow Norfolkian,

spill the beans, what happened next :LOL:.
Just conjured up the thought of your misses shouting no on the bridge in Wroxham, that could have been interesting to say the least !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
I was waiting for the punchline, and fell asleep in the process of waiting for Google to translate it

Probably better to have waited until the morning after before posting this

Memo to self: avoid Norfolk

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
Err not wanting to spoil the story
If it's anything like my wife
She left her comb or some such thing in the bathroom
lol

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi to ALL readers.
"Anus nipped shut" This alone,is a bonus for his driving skills,however,had the Anus gone into "Half a Crown-Sixpence mode....." The next of his posts may have started. "Parked up outside M&S waiting for them to open,so i can buy some "Small Mans ?:rolleyes::rolleyes: Y fronts".
COME ON! we are all waiting for page two1....And your next post:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Tea Bag.
Just read about Potter Higham Bridge. The good vessel "Quaker Girl" 60's.Crewed by three....Young men ?(We were then!) approached the bridge,with the Canopy up.... Yes,Had a Triple Half Crown Sixpence time that day .

Last edited:
OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I was waiting for the punchline, and fell asleep in the process of waiting for Google to translate it

Probably better to have waited until the morning after before posting this

Memo to self: avoid Norfolk
Hello old chap, spiffing result to get your good self off to a sound nights sleep, do hope you feel all the better for it, maybe its a good time to cheer yourself up,,, go smell the roses, relax, take some "me" time. Do want you to remember that I'm happy to bore you to sleep, anytime,,, after all, better me than Zopiclone, what.
Now, if you are feeling a tad more joyful, embracing the "joie de vivre"?,,, maybe its a good time to reconsider a visit to our glorious County, we may not be the most sophisticated, or cultured, or articulated, but we are friendly and welcoming,,, and, we love to share and demonstrate our skills...
I think you'd revel in our three major pastimes, you'd LOVE it,,, you'd be an absolute natural,,, you know,,, tractor driving (n) growing turnips (n) ............ shovelling shit (y):LOL::LOL::LOL:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Stop picking on Pyro and tell us what happened!!!! :D

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
-Picking on me? You are kidding me. Hopefully he's sobered up.

Somehow I was attracted to the title of this thread in the belief that " Christening" a new motor home was more an act of jus primae noctis (look it up) - in essence claiming the first shag on day 1 of ownership - than a justification for joining the "talk like a pirate" crowd.

Oh yes, you would be forgiven for imagining that we "christened" our own M/H quite energetically, and you can imagine the ribbing when we took it back to Elite Motorhomes a week later to have the headboard stuck back on the wall , but that's another story, I'm neither confirming nor denying it.

Clapping on the anchors(an English expression, old chap) is a normal event around my way. I get a screamed "STOP!" hallway down the road, I jump on the brakes, get hit by something flying six meters into the back of my head (a grill pan or something soft and cuddly like that) and, when asking "what the f**king hell is the problem now", get told she was worried that we still had the EHU connected - even though she disconnected it herself. At least she used what passes for English (she comes from Devon, and her accent generally tends to make a turkey breeding Norfolk speaker sound like a BBC announcer from the 1960s - not dissimilar to the O/Ps attempts to sound like the airmen in 'Ello 'Ello

To be fair, in 6 months I have managed to leave the EHU connected twice. That is not my fault, that is hers. Where I have gone wrong is to believe and trust in her. It's a triumph of trust over experience, how can anyone trust any other person who speaks like a pirate on tranquilisers. "It's alroight, moi luverrr" she drawls, little remembering that I am her nemesis, I am her husband and, save for momentary joys such as the aforementioned headboard incident of which I refuse to confirm or deny save smiling to myself at the memory, the "lover" bit demonstrates that she has forgotten that she ever married me (or is in denial, more likely) or that she has an overactive imagination as a result of spending the first 20 years of her life steeped in that paint stripper substitute, scrumpy.

Look at it this way, what might have in the past been a full time job as a "luverrr", has now gradually dwindled to a zero hours contract in the present. I can only wish she would realise that those blue diamond shaped tablets that one sometimes occasionally feels the need to take, those "gentlemen's helpers" can't be untaken once they have been swallowed and the mood departs her.

As for settling down at night, we have yet to arrive anywhere in the daylight. Generally we take pot luck, and if we're not booked into a site, we drive around slowly in suitable areas, with panic rising every second (and desperate recriminations becoming louder every millisecond) until either another M/H takes pity on us and helps by sharing their own privacy, or I find a friendly bar/restaurant whose owner doesn't mind our staying overnight. Gin for her and Brandy for me (who ever said we were ever compatible, even our breath smells different) and we self anaesthetise for the night.

But all that is what constitutes normality in the pyro pantechnicon. There is no punchline to this story, either, it's just daily life. As my missus says "hush moi luvverr we're arnly grockles now", probably translates into the Norfolk gibberish that passes for English "”yew do run on, yew do, yew duzzu razzcal, an’ thass a fact!” And if you don't want me to take the piss out of your post, take the turnip out of your arse and post some pictures of the real christening ceremony, not an account of filling up the water tank at night

As far as Norfolk is concerned, Oim sure Narrfolks luvverly

:LOL:

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
How was the set up in the dark? And why was the wife saying 'NO'?
We of the NMC and others are waiting with bated breath!( nosey mare club!):LOL:
We love Norfolk and Granny used to live in Overstrand so had many happy holidays there.(y)

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
How was the set up in the dark? And why was the wife saying 'NO'?
We of the NMC and others are waiting with bated breath!( nosey mare club!):LOL:
We love Norfolk and Granny used to live in Overstrand so had many happy holidays there.(y)
My aunt used to live in Overstrand. I remember all the cliff erosion

ps: in truth I have very happy memories of a beautiful county, with truly friendly and peaceful people.

Last edited:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yes many houses have gone near Sea Marge.
She lived in the stables part of the Plesaunce house build by Lord and lady Battersley , we had to go through the cricket pitch to get to her house.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years

ps: in truth I have very happy memories of a beautiful county, with truly friendly and peaceful people.

My aunt used to live just off the Cromer Road, a picture postcard cottage that sticks in the memory. Happy days, lovely people

The erosion was amazing, so many houses being reclaimed by nature

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
She lived there form 1977 until 1996 was that the same time as your Aunt?My aunt used to teach in the Belfry Overstrand school.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Mine sadly passed away around 1990, my uncle was retired, don't know ant my aunt used to do. They mau well have known each other though (Vera and Dally, which I think was short for Dalwell or something like that)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Mine sadly passed away around 1990, my uncle was retired, don't know ant my aunt used to do. They mau well have known each other though (Vera and Dally, which I think was short for Dalwell or something like that)
I bet they did it was only a little village but at that time very few holiday lets most homes were lived in by villagers!

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
:rolleyes:
-Picking on me? You are kidding me. Hopefully he's sobered up.

Somehow I was attracted to the title of this thread in the belief that " Christening" a new motor home was more an act of jus primae noctis (look it up) - in essence claiming the first shag on day 1 of ownership - than a justification for joining the "talk like a pirate" crowd.

Oh yes, you would be forgiven for imagining that we "christened" our own M/H quite energetically, and you can imagine the ribbing when we took it back to Elite Motorhomes a week later to have the headboard stuck back on the wall , but that's another story, I'm neither confirming nor denying it.

Clapping on the anchors(an English expression, old chap) is a normal event around my way. I get a screamed "STOP!" hallway down the road, I jump on the brakes, get hit by something flying six meters into the back of my head (a grill pan or something soft and cuddly like that) and, when asking "what the f**king hell is the problem now", get told she was worried that we still had the EHU connected - even though she disconnected it herself. At least she used what passes for English (she comes from Devon, and her accent generally tends to make a turkey breeding Norfolk speaker sound like a BBC announcer from the 1960s - not dissimilar to the O/Ps attempts to sound like the airmen in 'Ello 'Ello

To be fair, in 6 months I have managed to leave the EHU connected twice. That is not my fault, that is hers. Where I have gone wrong is to believe and trust in her. It's a triumph of trust over experience, how can anyone trust any other person who speaks like a pirate on tranquilisers. "It's alroight, moi luverrr" she drawls, little remembering that I am her nemesis, I am her husband and, save for momentary joys such as the aforementioned headboard incident of which I refuse to confirm or deny save smiling to myself at the memory, the "lover" bit demonstrates that she has forgotten that she ever married me (or is in denial, more likely) or that she has an overactive imagination as a result of spending the first 20 years of her life steeped in that paint stripper substitute, scrumpy.

Look at it this way, what might have in the past been a full time job as a "luverrr", has now gradually dwindled to a zero hours contract in the present. I can only wish she would realise that those blue diamond shaped tablets that one sometimes occasionally feels the need to take, those "gentlemen's helpers" can't be untaken once they have been swallowed and the mood departs her.

As for settling down at night, we have yet to arrive anywhere in the daylight. Generally we take pot luck, and if we're not booked into a site, we drive around slowly in suitable areas, with panic rising every second (and desperate recriminations becoming louder every millisecond) until either another M/H takes pity on us and helps by sharing their own privacy, or I find a friendly bar/restaurant whose owner doesn't mind our staying overnight. Gin for her and Brandy for me (who ever said we were ever compatible, even our breath smells different) and we self anaesthetise for the night.

But all that is what constitutes normality in the pyro pantechnicon. There is no punchline to this story, either, it's just daily life. As my missus says "hush moi luvverr we're arnly grockles now", probably translates into the Norfolk gibberish that passes for English "”yew do run on, yew do, yew duzzu razzcal, an’ thass a fact!” And if you don't want me to take the piss out of your post, take the turnip out of your arse and post some pictures of the real christening ceremony, not an account of filling up the water tank at night

As far as Norfolk is concerned, Oim sure Narrfolks luvverly

:LOL:
Oh, Pryo, methinks you doth protest too much?!

My original post was intended for PURE ENTERTAINMENT, truly, I would be mortified to cause any upset in said pursuit.

Look, dear fellow, please accept my humble apologies and forget my well intentioned advice to "smell the roses",,, perhaps your need is greater,,, you do present as somewhat "tightly coiled"? Maybe a large dose of Valium and a handful of Zopiclone each night will help straighten you out,,, possibly enabling you to rediscover your sense of humour,,, assuming you actually possessed a sense of humour?
One more thing; should you decide to pay us a visit,,, I promise,,, we will let you grow some turnips,,, and drive a tractor,,,,,, and, no, we wont make you shovel shit,,,,, providing you don't keep talking it,! :rolleyes:

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
From the timing of your original post (12.30 am) and your latest (3.45 am) and in the understanding that Norfolk is in the same time zone as the rest of the country (debateable given the linguistic difficulties you appear to be experiencing), it is almost certainly yourself who should be taking the aforementioned benzodiazepines with which you appear to be so familiar, and then perhaps accompanied by a little less "falling down juice"?

Your apologies are of course accepted. I pride myself in my charity, never let it be said that I lack grace in such matters.

The excitement of such "entertainment" as hearing your account of "christening" your van beyond nocturnally filling up with water at night, counting lamp posts and putting the brakes on in an emergency stop is simply overwhelming. Are you proposing to give us the punchline, or perhaps considering self publishing the story with Amazon? If so, I'll give you the single star it deserves now, and we can all move on.

See, it can all be done without a single obscenity

ps are you familiar with this emoticon? :reel:

Duck Truck

Free Member
Feb 27, 2015
UP North
Funster No
MH
Hobby 725
Exp
since 2012
now now children
For entertainment I award you both a gold star.
However if this squabble develops,
I will reduce that to a humble green star,
you will also be made to stand in separite corners staring at the wall
and if either of you titter I will get out the strap.

STOP TITTERING I SAY !!!!!

STOP TITTERING !!!!!!!!

OP
OP
bigguspeckus
Oct 6, 2016
norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
now now children
For entertainment I award you both a gold star.
However if this squabble develops,
I will reduce that to a humble green star,
you will also be made to stand in separite corners staring at the wall
and if either of you titter I will get out the strap.

STOP TITTERING I SAY !!!!!

STOP TITTERING !!!!!!!!
Oh, you are awful, but I LIKE you! ...................
TITTERING stopped.
When do I get the GS? :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back