We are done with the Caravan Club (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
As for laundry, there are very frequently queues for the washing and drying machines when only used by site residents. Opening these up to non-residents would just further compound the problem.
That's why it is nice in France to be able to stop at a supermarket & do the washing/drying whilst shopping.Here in spain there are also many but they tend now to be in petrol stations.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You can, maybe the odd site they would prefer you not to but I have always asked when checking in and never had anybody say I couldn’t.

We often park front end in (depending on the view) when going with friends in their caravan so we are hab door to hab door.
We did exactly that last week. On arriving, the pitch next to our friends was empty and we asked to park “nose in” so as to have doors facing each other.

The warden said “we don’t normally encourage it but, if you maintain the 6m separation, no problem”.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We ve had this discussion many times now, If one of you are a member why don't you ask the Caravan Club what their stance on aires is?

TheTwoOfUs
They may have a negative opinion (stance) on aires but how have they actively obstructed their introduction?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
We ve had this discussion many times now, If one of you are a member why don't you ask the Caravan Club what their stance on aires is?

TheTwoOfUs
As per previous post if you have evidence why not share it? As said previously, Not Guilty until proven otherwise!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Hopefully you can get some non-anecdotal evidence that they do as I've been trying to for a while now with nothing forthcoming.:(
I've already said what I did - Ok its some years ago but I have no reason to lie. If you re a member whats wrong with asking them? Its only a question.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
I've already said what I did - Ok its some years ago but I have no reason to lie. If you re a member whats wrong with asking them? Its only a question.
Don't see how you can take out of "Hopefully you can get some non-anecdotal evidence that they do as I've been trying to for a while now with nothing forthcoming." that I'm accusing you of lying and it does concern me that you believe I have!:unsure:

All I'm asking is for those who categorically state the Clubs actively block the setting up of alternative site provision share any non-anecdotal evidence. If we can get this I would take it to the Club and request the rationale behind it however as I've stated previously they are still Not Guilty until proven otherwise.

Jul 1, 2012
Nr Whitby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
On & off since late70s
Don't see how you can take out of "Hopefully you can get some non-anecdotal evidence that they do as I've been trying to for a while now with nothing forthcoming." that I'm accusing you of lying and it does concern me that you believe I have!:unsure:

All I'm asking is for those who categorically state the Clubs actively block the setting up of alternative site provision share any non-anecdotal evidence. If we can get this I would take it to the Club and request the rationale behind it however as I've stated previously they are still Not Guilty until proven otherwise.
I asked the same question much earlier in the thread and this was his response

”If you're a member you could ask them for their views, I did when I was a long time ago and they weren't hesitant about telling me. I had an email but sadly on an old account. It might be worth asking them again though?”

well, that is very clear, non anecdotal and full of fact….sorted

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2015
Stamford Bridge - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
What times would you suggest?

Would it be before people start packing up and leaving 8am-12pm or after the new arrivals 12pm-8pm?
We regularly use the facility at C and C sites. Never been a problem but always turn up in the afternoon with other arrivals.
If they can C and C will even pop you in a pitch if you want to. The only facilities we use are grey and black emptying and fresh water for which we are happy to pay £7 and we are generally in and out in 45 minutes at most. Drive round to the service point, do the business and out.
never seen another motorhome doing this at the same time
What’s the problem?

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999

”If you're a member you could ask them for their views, I did when I was a long time ago and they weren't hesitant about telling me. I had an email but sadly on an old account. It might be worth asking them again though?”

All they have said is that they don’t like aires which is not the same as saying that they have actively taken steps to obstruct the setting up of any. Therefore the question still stands, where is the evidence that they have?

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Secret Underground Chimp Bunker
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
We regularly use the facility at C and C sites. Never been a problem but always turn up in the afternoon with other arrivals.
If they can C and C will even pop you in a pitch if you want to. The only facilities we use are grey and black emptying and fresh water for which we are happy to pay £7 and we are generally in and out in 45 minutes at most. Drive round to the service point, do the business and out.
never seen another motorhome doing this at the same time
What’s the problem?

I was on CAMC York last weekend, only 98 pitches and on the Sunday 70 out and 70 back in, this resulted in a queue of about half an hour at the motorhome service area for a fair amount of the afternoon.

If you want the convenience of site facilities then book a site for the night, problem solved.

Dec 23, 2014
South Somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-Line I 50
Exp
Since 2009
I was on CAMC York last weekend, only 98 pitches and on the Sunday 70 out and 70 back in, this resulted in a queue of about half an hour at the motorhome service area for a fair amount of the afternoon.

If you want the convenience of site facilities then book a site for the night, problem solved.
There are always exceptional times and circumstances. A week ago we spent some time on a CAMC site in Devon, on a couple of days there were no in's and out's at all. I know this because we were looking to move pitch and were unable to do so. Otherwise during the little time we spent on site I only saw the MSP used four times by MH's.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Not really full of fact to be fair. He just says that they weren't hesitant about telling him.
No facts there at all

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
What times would you suggest?

Would it be before people start packing up and leaving 8am-12pm or after the new arrivals 12pm-8pm?
Now try this, just turn up. If it’s busy you’ll have to wait a bit, if it’s quiet go ahead. See it’s not really that difficult. Unless you’re the sort of person that wants to make things difficult?

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
Now try this, just turn up. If it’s busy you’ll have to wait a bit, if it’s quiet go ahead. See it’s not really that difficult. Unless you’re the sort of person that wants to make things difficult?

Where do you wait? what if you arrive as others are leaving down one of the awkward entrance roads or the opposite you meet someone arriving on the way out?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Where do you wait? what if you arrive as others are leaving down one of the awkward entrance roads or the opposite you meet someone arriving on the way out?
All the sites I’ve been to have had arrivals areas, but well done on trying to find reasons why it won’t work, keep it up.👍🏻🤭

M-J

Free Member
Jan 15, 2019
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E562
Exp
Enough
All the sites I’ve been to have had arrivals areas, but well done on trying to find reasons why it won’t work, keep it up.👍🏻🤭

Aren’t arrival areas for arrivals?

I don’t want it to work so happy to keep finding reasons.

Jun 15, 2010
glasgow
Funster No
MH
banger autotrail
Exp
Here’s another way of looking at it .
If the C&MC allowed members Motorhomes to turn up as when they wanted to take on water and empty their crap .
You would end up with potential a bottleneck of caravans waiting to book in and Motorhomes trying to manoeuvre at service points creating chaos .
There are many C&MC sites with narrow approach roads and limited width within the site can you imagine the congestion with large Motorhomes trying to leave after midday and meeting caravans arriving
thats why i empty down nearest drain

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
thats why i empty down nearest drain
Or do what the double axel Motorhome towing a smart car did yesterday leaving Black Knowl that emptied their waste tank on the road whilst driving away. The trail lasted until Brockenhurst.

Jan 9, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Or do what the double axel Motorhome towing a smart car did yesterday leaving Black Knowl that emptied their waste tank on the road whilst driving away. The trail lasted until Brockenhurst.
Better to spread it rather than dump it all on the same spot;)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Aren’t arrival areas for arrivals?

I don’t want it to work so happy to keep finding reasons.
Unless you are either on site or departing then I would presume you are arriving. Therefore yeah the arrivals area.
Luckily there are much more reasonable people than you running the friendly club where can and do already use this option.

Aug 4, 2013
Oop North
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Good and bad from C&M club probably underuse our membership but its helped us with last minute ferry and campsite booking when significantly delayed after RTA’s, much better price for ferry than we could get direct.
Stroppy warden made us pay for return ferry pitch on way out, 4 weeks before we were due home, think she was a one off though. I registered my displeasure and found no pitch confirmation when we got back from ferry late evening, place looked full so we just drove home. Registered complaint and refunded. Moved on mentally.
Feel its just people, some nice and helpful others just not so.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
They did, but suspended it because of Covid. I know that because I used to use their facilities.
Didn't realise you were permitted to do laundry and use the toilet \ shower facilities on their site if you are a non-resident.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Melrose - two \ three units parked in the access road and then blocking the main High Street
Garlieston - two \ three units blocking four \ five pitches and then blocking the main bus route
New England Bay - three \ four units and then out into Council car park
Strathclyde - three \ four units on access road and then blocking side street
That's just the ones we've been to in the last month or two.
Burrs \ Godrevy \ Hawes \ Castleton all have the wardens managing the traffic at certain times to maintain access and mitigate dangerous situation.
Just a few examples of "why it won't work"?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Melrose - two \ three units parked in the access road and then blocking the main High Street
Garlieston - two \ three units blocking four \ five pitches and then blocking the main bus route
New England Bay - three \ four units and then out into Council car park
Strathclyde - three \ four units on access road and then blocking side street
That's just the ones we've been to in the last month or two.
Burrs \ Godrevy \ Hawes \ Castleton all have the wardens managing the traffic at certain times to maintain access and mitigate dangerous situation.
Just a few examples of "why it won't work"?
It a very good thing that through history there have been people with the exact opposite attitude of people like you.
Thankfully there have always been “can do” people and not all like you “ can’t do” people.
It works on the friendly sites, sort of makes one wonder why they’re the ones known as the friendly club.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back